Posts created by Robsim

posted in Time Dreamer on Jul 11, 10 8:05 AM
justnorma wrote:What Pen said.

If BFG did any more "categorizing", we might end up with categories such as:

"Large file game, but not as large as Hardy Boys/IHOG, with mini-games such as match-3; therefore this is a Match-3 also/card and board game because at the end of each chapter, you must win a game of solitaire."

Whew! I think I could demo it before I read the description!

Just my humble point of view.

Thank you BFG for the 1-hour opportunity you give me to try a game before I buy!

LOL. . .could you just imagine that????

posted in Time Dreamer on Jul 11, 10 8:02 AM
Whenever a new game comes out that apPEARS to be a HOG game, I simply stop and take the few moments it takes to read the description and look for 's consistent use of either *fun, adventure, enchanting, spooky, etc.* 'HIDDEN OBJECT' game (they state the words Hidden Object in the game's descriptions if that's the genre). Further, if you click on the thumbnail pics (or look at the video demo), they all indicate whether it's a Hidden Object or Large File adventure game(s).

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 6, 10 4:10 PM
I WANT TO PLAAAAAY!!! Puhleeeeeeze don't tell me this is one of those really GOOOOOD games that's having problems like that reminiscent of 'The Heritage'?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

posted in Affair Bureau on Jul 5, 10 6:21 AM
I bought (without demo-ing) and thought, "Geezy Peezy, WHAT a dull game!" . . .and uninstalled (after playing for about 30 or so minutes).

No tech problems, though!!

But, to/for everyone else, enjoy!!

posted in Kate Arrow: Deserted Wood on Jul 3, 10 1:11 PM
I started this game yesterday evening (Friday) and just finished (Saturday p.m.) and thought it a good one. It's short (5 chapters short), but since the July 4th sale is on, it's worth the less-than-regular price.

Have a Happy 4th all, and remember: sparklers will NOT work here under water!!

posted in Escape Whisper Valley on Jul 1, 10 4:37 PM
I saw this game on another game site a short while back and thought, "Wow. . .this looks like a good MCF-type adventure HOG!". But, now that it's at BF, I looked at the video and realized it's nothing more than another Mystery PI-type of game. . .which is rather sad because, although the Mystery PI games are good for plain/simple seek and find, this one looks like it would've been a better interactive HOG (boy, what a tease). MPI games are all tooooo repetitive, but for those that like that sort of HOG, enjoy!! As for me, I'll wait patiently for the next best thing!!

posted in Making Mr. Right on Jul 1, 10 2:29 AM
I have never been for the 'Time Management' genre of gaming; in fact, I'm strictly a HOGer. Are 'Time Management' games as interesting as HOG's and, if so, what would be a good 'starter' game for a novice to play? Also, I would LOOOOVE to be able to do the 'Large File' type adventure games, but I just do NOT have the logic to know where to go or what to do next when playing those types of games. If anyone remembers the old Leisure Suit Larry games of the 80's, that's where I first learned of this gaming type but, again, could never figure out what to have that pathetic wanna be playboy do next (and, to add injury to this cripple, they didn't have walkthrough wheelchairs to help ya out). Oh, whoa is me to be born logic challenged!!!

posted in A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets on Jun 28, 10 10:16 AM
I finished it yesterday evening (06/27/10) and I, too, enjoyed it. This particular type of HOG doesn't seem to come out too often (and, I do stand to be corrected). I think the last one I played, that's similar/closest in nature to it, was Awakening: The Dreamless Castle. These particular HOGS are adventurous with a 'fantasy' storyline. If you haven't played that one yet, do so. . .you'll think you're continuing where Gypsy Tale left off (so to speak)!!

posted in Blood Oath on Jun 19, 10 8:39 AM
Robsim wrote:I, too, was selected to 'beta test' this game (back in May?) and I'm not sure if - at that time - I wasn't really in a HOG-/FROG-playing mood or what, but after playing, I found it to be a taxing game. The clarity of the graphics, object finding, etc., was good, however, my biggest thought (or gripe) was that there was far TOO much having to go back and forth, back and forth, back and forth between the different rooms/scenes (more back and forth action than the norm). The music didn't seem to flow all that great with the game either (it was rather mono-dull) and I thought it was a bit confusing as to the main character's (female vampire) role. Was she "for or against" (I'll leave it at that ) in the game (didn't really make much sense). It just didn't leave me with that "I GOTTA play this one" feel. However, it was only a 'tester' and I'll be playing the demo to see what - if any - changes they might have made.

Can't wait to learn what the rest of you think:
or (be it in this section or the 'Reviews and Comments' section)

Until. . .

Hmmm. . . as a follow up to that which I've posted above, and from what I've read of those that have posted their opinions, reviews, etc., it sounds like nothing in this game was really changed from the 'beta' version. Therefore, this is a no-buy for me . For those of you who do, I hope you enjoy (maybe I'll wait for it to be availed on the DD or Catch of the Week). Thanks all!!

posted in Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates on Jun 18, 10 3:09 PM
I have one question and one question only: how many and were the game developers drinking prior to putting this doozie of a gem together? Talk about TOO funny/crazy!!!! Not only was there game character and interaction imagination, but the scenes and the marjority of the items to find - and how you had to find them - were colorful, clear and quite off the chain. My favorite scene character was the pigmy with the drunk, out cold pirate. WHAT in the WORLD was that sound coming from the pigmy????? Even my sister, sitting in another room watching T.V., kept asking me "What is that weird sound?". I thought it too funny!! I've only gotten to chapter 8 or 9 so far (as of this writing), and I'm almost afraid to know what I'll see in the chapters to follow. I didn't catch the name of the game developer (again, as of this writing), but if this is the fashion in which they do, or plan to do, most of their games, they JUST might have something!! This is a must-play by all and. . .maybe it's time for the developers to take what appears to be some "well-needed" time off!!

It's one of the most funniest and entertaining I've played so far and I give it out of 5!!

posted in The Crop Circles Mystery on Jun 16, 10 12:30 PM
Well. . .I just came out of playing the 'demo' with about maybe 10 minutes left. For all intents and purposes - if nothing else - the game meets its mission. Most definately not for the serious HOG player(s), but it's do-able for the novice or "younger at heart". In fact, if it isn't already, might wanna consider putting it under, or cross-referencing it under, the 'Kids' genre. Otherwise, if you're looking for something easy or simply as a 'honing device' to get your mind(s) ready for the next 'Big Kahuna' HOG release, then this might be the game for you.

Overall, the game's developers didn't do a bad job. As the scenery was very clear and colorful and didn't use a lot of junk/clutter (everything streamlined within the premise of the game), I felt they could've left out all of the unnecessary 'instructions', as narrated by the game's characters (no one's THAT much of a moron), and the hint button's over-emphasis on where an item is located could have been curtailed. But, to be fair in all of this, I will say that for an easy game play, even I had to use the 'hint' button between 1 and 3 times in each scene. Is that pathetic or whaaaat?!?!?
(oh, the shame of it all!!)

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Jun 15, 10 9:37 AM
Naturally, I, too, bought and played this gem of a game!! As with any excellent - and this one falls into that category - HOG, it was VERY well done. The only so-called drawback for me was that there were too many characters involved; thus, I had one HECK of a time keeping up with the characters and the storyline. Although I was able to play it all the way through (I started it on a Friday and finished late Sunday evening), it seemed that once I got fairly acquainted with two or three of the characters/names, up would pop a NEW name/character along the way. I was REALLY having a hard time keeping up with who was in whom's family or any other "who shot J.R." that would come along (i.e., a new descendent, etc.). It was almost getting to the point where I was just going through the motions of playing the game vs. being fully immersed in it, and that's a downer.

Yet, then again, I also have to admit that I'm not very good at espionage/"who done it" types of storylines such as this (o.k., so call me Barney Fife). So, for the record: (me in my dunce cap -- not to be confused with a party cap)

posted in Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition on Jun 15, 10 8:01 AM
As the game was originally released on May 28, I counted 3 weeks from that date to be approximately June 18 (Friday coming as of this writing). I had already decided that I would wait until that time (the 2-3 weeks wait) for the standard version/edition, soooooooo. . . .bring it on!!

posted in Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition on Jun 14, 10 6:46 AM
summertimefairys wrote:
mylilpony wrote:I finished the demo in about 45 minutes and I can wait for the $6.99 version before buying. People...there is nothing collectible about a computer game!!! I have said it before and I'll say it again, a collectible is something that is usually limited in its production, created by someone who has reknown in his/her field, or is something that is old, rare and hard to find. These CE games will never meet that criteria.
I could care less about wallpaper, bonus games, etc. The developers and distributors dupe their clients into thinking they have built the better mousetrap. think back to other CE's you may have bought. Are they now so special that you go back to them over and over again? A collectible is also some item that can be sold at a profit somewhere in the future. How many of your CE purchases will get to that status??

I agree it should not be called a be called a COLLECTORS version what is it you are collecting? NOTHING!! maybe it should be a DELUXE version instead..... makes more sense to me.

As a 'piggy back' to what you and the previous poster stated concerning this, in looking at one of the other gaming sites, they state these CE's as 'Premium Edition'. I don't know if it's the developers that call them 'Collector's Editions' and BF is like, "O.K., whatever!" and indicates it accordingly on their site or what. But, Premium Edition or Deluxe Edition would seem more appropriate. Just my take on this!!

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Jun 14, 10 4:54 AM
Absolutely, Rinkatplay!! In fact, I found this version to be more intense than the Edgar Allen Poe version. If you haven't already downloaded the game (as of this writing), be advised that you will NOT be wasting your game credit. Mumbo Jumbo (game's producer) seems to do an excellent job in the HOG arena. I hope they're working on (if one is not soon to be released) the next Midnight Mystery. I'm looking forward to it. Enjoy!!

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Jun 14, 10 4:44 AM
I can't say exactly how long it took me in hours/minutes, but I started this game Friday evening and finished around 11:00 p.m. (EST) Sunday. This was one BUSY HOG -- lot's of items to pickup for inventory and many scenes to go to. Although somewhat dark, the graphics were excellent. The only 'negative' - to me, that is - is that there were far too many characters involved and I had a rather hard time keeping up with the story line. Nonetheless, this game is well worth the $6.99 price and one that I think I might play again. Enjoy!!

posted in The Heritage on Jun 6, 10 4:44 AM
I reinstalled the game a week (or so) back, got as far as Chapter 20 or 21 and, guess what? . . .it froze up (sound track even continued to loop itself). Oh well! It was fun while it lasted . . .it's now time to put it to rest.

Hey, Pappa Felix. . .looks like the 'excitement' over MCF games just WON'T GO AWAY (66 pages of posts????). Uuuh, please don't tell us that we'll have to wait until Halloween for the next big, MCF release (if you're planning one - we hope)?!?!? O.K., just wanted to pass this along!!

posted in The Heritage on May 30, 10 7:16 AM
Good Morning Big Fish and my Little Fish gaming fanatics!! A big HIP HOP HOOOORAAAAY that we're now able to play this game. After reading the Moderator's recent post that a new version (1.0.4) is available, I redownloaded the 'demo' and - surprisingly with 36 minutes left of playing time and tentacles crossed - was able to FINALLY advance to chapter 3 or 4 (can't remember which). Following all the issues the game was having when it first released, I posted that even if the game should get fixed, I didn't think that I would purchase it. But the thought came to me that at 30% off all ($6.99) games for the weekend, why get bent out of shape at paying $3 and some change?!? With BF's 96% - 98% performance rate (using this rate for the sake of my point), I have absolutely NO complaints (this is the FIRST game in over a year of membership that this situation has happened). Kudos to BF and the game's producer(s) for addressing all the unhappy responses, fin & lip flappings and nose-slammings against the tank's glass!!

Happy Memorial Day and will see ya round. . .and round. . .and round the pond!!

[color=#993400]
Oh, and ps: Is it my imagination or did annyone else notice that the husband's profile in the locket seem to resemble that of Bruno Memo's profile on the game producer's logo page at the beginning of the game?

posted in The Heritage on May 23, 10 8:40 AM
Well, it's Sunday the 23rd, 11:30 a.m. (EST) and I attempted to play the demo to no avail (Chapter 1 Locket Scene continues its looping). So, I did as you stated; however, when I clicked on 'manually', the message shown was a green check mark with a note stating "no game updates found"!! Although I've been attempting to play the game's demo, I don't think - even if BF fixes the problem - that I will purchase the full version!! Happy IHOGing with this one, my fine finned friends!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator