Posts created by cal711

posted in Big City Adventure: Rio de Janeiro on Aug 15, 14 11:30 AM
You're very welcome. Glad I could help.

posted in Big City Adventure: Rio de Janeiro on Aug 15, 14 10:30 AM
Help is here!!

The ARROW is a bulb in the chandelier at the left side of the scene. It's about the 3rd bulb from the left.

The SEAHORSE is on the back of the green couch in front of the big mirror under the chandelier. It's light green on a darker green background and is located just above the 2nd dining room chair from the left.

posted in Big City Adventure: Tokyo on Aug 5, 14 4:33 PM
I posted this answer in your other thread about the sock. In that one, you mentioned "the train" and I assumed you were talking about the black locomotive and not the silver speed rail train (I don't pay much attention to the formal names of the scenes such as the National Museum of Science and Nature). Anyway, in case you don't read my reply on that other thread, here's the answer for you: the sock (which is a light gray color) is located to the left of the red fire hydrant in the lower right corner of the scene; it's just above where the hint coins are located.

posted in Big City Adventure: Tokyo on Aug 5, 14 3:46 PM
@caddycat95: I assume you're talking about the black locomotive and not the silver speed rail train. I'm replaying the game and found the locomotive in Round 16 but I guess it's also in Round 44. Anyway, the sock (which is a light gray color) is located to the left of the red fire hydrant in the lower right corner of the scene; it's just above where the hint coins are located.

posted in Big City Adventure: Rio de Janeiro on Aug 3, 14 3:40 PM
Here you go: The wheat stalk is located on the left side of the arch above the grandfather clock. It's to the left and a little above the flying eagle in that arched mural.

Enjoy the rest of the game!

posted in Big City Adventure: Rio de Janeiro on Jul 9, 14 10:33 AM
Glad I could help. We BCA'ers have to stick together, right?!

posted in Big City Adventure: Rio de Janeiro on Jul 8, 14 9:16 AM
You came to the right place; I eventually had to use a hint coin to find that seashell. It's a long beige and white one laying on its side and it's located under the Army helmet toward the top middle of the scene. Good luck!

posted in Big City Adventure: Rio de Janeiro on Jul 1, 14 12:30 PM
The carabiner is on the stone wall above the carriage. It's located to the right of the heart shape.

The teapot is a silhouette/shadow about halfway up the archway wall at the right of the scene. It's just to the left of the leaves on the tree.

posted in Big City Adventure: Rio de Janeiro on Jun 29, 14 7:37 PM
You're in luck! I had trouble with that one too so I wrote it down for the next time I played and had to find it (I also did that with other objects I was having trouble remembering the locations of). The bunny is on the front of the rock at the bottom left of the scene. The bunny is dark gray/black and blends in pretty well with the rock but it's there.

posted in Big City Adventure: Rio de Janeiro on Jun 17, 14 10:04 AM
I assume you're in the Sugar Loaf mountain scene with the gondola. I had to use a hint coin my first time around because I couldn't find it either. It's in about the middle of the mountain and the eye is on its side. If I'm remembering correctly, it's beneath and a little to the right of the faucet. Good luck!

posted in Big City Adventure: Rio de Janeiro on Jun 16, 14 7:43 PM
@bfgFlounder:

At the end of Rio, Grandpa made it very clear that the next family trip will be to Cairo, Egypt (lots of camels). Is there any timeline on when we can expect it? Before the end of 2014? I hope so because I love all of the BCA games and am currently on my 5th go-round of Rio.

Thanks.

posted in Big City Adventure: Rio de Janeiro on Jun 13, 14 1:36 PM
Don't feel dumb; it happens to all of us (has happened to me quite a few times). Anyway, the pencil in that scene is located to the left of the yellow "Coco Gelado" sign... it's diagonally on the chair leg.

Good luck with the rest of the game and don't hesitate to come to this forum to ask for help. Happy gaming!!

posted in Big City Adventure: Rio de Janeiro on Jun 11, 14 7:57 AM
I agree. I personally don't like the soccer ball one (and previously the origami and marble ones) because they make no sense to me even with the question marks and X's explained... I just keep throwing soccer balls in there until something sticks. I like most of the other ones but I see no purpose at all for the one where you rotate the rings to form a scene. It only takes about 5 seconds and isn't the least bit challenging or necessary; it feels like they just needed a filler so they came up with this one and keep using it for every BCA game.

But these are minor complaints and overall I'm very happy with BCA Rio. I have all of the BCA games and am eagerly awaiting the next one, which, according to the family's exit information, is going to be Cairo (grandpa said it was a place with lots of camels). Hopefully by the time I've played Rio a few more times (I'm on my 4th go-round right now), the next one will be ready to go.

posted in Big City Adventure: Rio de Janeiro on Jun 7, 14 10:15 AM
That one took me several tries as well but I finally got it. In the BCA games, I always make diagrams of some of the more difficult puzzles since they're repeated throughout the game (like the blocks). I'll do my best to explain how to place the blocks in the grid... hopefully you can make sense of it.

From left to right, place them as follows:

TOP ROW: 3-tile vertical / 3-tile horizontal / 3-tile vertical / 3-tile horizontal
BOTTOM ROW: 3-tile horizontal / 3-tile vertical / 3-tile horizontal / 3-tile vertical
The 4-tile squares go in the 2nd row from the left and the 2nd row from the right

It would be easier if I could just draw a picture but I hope you can understand what I'm talking about. If not, let me know and I'll try to explain it better. Good luck!

posted in Big City Adventure: Tokyo on Jun 6, 14 11:29 AM
I took your advice and emailed Jolly Bear a few days ago. Today I got a reply that BCA Rio de Janeiro is NOW AVAILABLE (it's on the Big Fish website). They said they chose Rio because of the World Cup. I don't care why they did it, I'm just glad to have a new BCA!!

posted in Big City Adventure: Tokyo on Feb 7, 14 4:09 PM
I wish I could give you an answer to that question because I haven't been able to figure it out either. After playing it a few times, I thought that the "X" meant that that particular origami didn't appear ANYWHERE in the game (not just in that column) but that turned out not to be the case. Like you, I just keep putting different ones in until I finally get it right. I eventually gave up trying to figure out the rhyme or reason because there doesn't appear to be one.

posted in Big City Adventure: Tokyo on Feb 7, 14 4:05 PM
These are my favorite games and I eagerly look forward to the next one; I don't even care which city it is. Is there a certain time frame between new BCA games coming out because I'm ready for a new fix!!

posted in Big City Adventure: Tokyo on Sep 14, 13 8:31 PM
brbjeans and FUNKODAK:

The "sharpened steel" in the blue section is a knife. It's located below the middle curly-cue and has a black handle with 3 silver dots in it. The blade of the knife is to the right of the black handle and is located just above the dragonfly.

posted in Big City Adventure: Tokyo on Sep 9, 13 4:43 PM
I don't know what scene you're in but "sharpened steel" is probably a knife (like a chef's knife you use in your kitchen) or possibly a sword.

posted in Big City Adventure: Tokyo on Sep 6, 13 10:18 PM
@dianafromtexas: The dog bone is laying on its side in the middle of the bridge railing (between the 3rd and 4th posts).

@huggie69: The number 3, which is dark black in color, is on its side on the left wing of the kite on the front of the display table.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator