Posts created by Fifiluna614

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Serpent Flame on Jul 21, 13 7:30 PM
I thought this game was great until the ending: there wasn't one. You just put a piece of something on something and BOOM, the game is over. You're even told to come and talk to someone after you have placed this last piece, but you're never given the chance. Maybe the bonus chapter in the CE gives you better closure to the story: some of you other Fishies would have to comment on that. The abrupt ending to the SE is very disappointing.

posted in Fear For Sale: Nightmare Cinema on May 7, 13 12:11 AM
The first two Fear For Sale games were wonderfully imaginative, and this new installment is no exception. Aggel the demon is up to his old tricks, and it's up to us to thwart his evil plans. There are lots of "rooms" to visit and quite a bit of running back and forth, but the interactive map makes the travelling painless. Between the map and the helpful hint system, consulting the walkthrough should not be necessary. Puzzles are not that complicated and the instructions are straight-forward. My only complaint is that the game ended way too soon - I wanted more!

posted in Sacra Terra: Kiss of Death on Apr 5, 13 11:24 PM
Although I prefer Sacra Terra: Angelic Night to this one, I realize that's just a matter of personal taste - this is a great game. It might be considered a bit too easy for expert gamers because between the hint system and the interactive map, you get all the help you need to complete the game. For me, however, the difficulty level was just right, and I hated to see it come to an end. I hope the developers are already working on Sacra Terra 3!

posted in Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones on Mar 23, 13 5:34 PM
When I played the demo of this game, the movement of the cursor was not crisp - it just sort of floated from one area to the next. I never felt I had complete control of it, even in the hidden object scenes. I liked the game otherwise, but the cursor problem was so distracting that it ruined my enjoyment of the gameplay, so I will not be purchasing.

posted in Chimeras: Tune Of Revenge on Mar 13, 13 3:40 AM
I own almost all the games put out by Elephant Games and love every one of them, but I consider this to be one of their best. My only problem with some of their games is having to use tools and objects in a weird way that doesn't make sense, such as picking a lock with a needle in Raincliff. But this game doesn't have that problem. Once you finally find a tool or other object, you know exactly how to use it, which is so refreshing!

There are the usual beautiful graphics, and the story line is interesting. Puzzles were not too difficult, and a lot of fun. I absolutley recommend purchasing this game. Great job, Elephant Games!

posted in Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman on Jun 23, 12 11:06 PM
Personally, I love a game where the hint button works outside the hidden object scenes and tells you if there is anything left to do in the area. That's all the help I want or need - just tell me if I've done everything that can be done here and if I need to move on. Usually if I get stuck, it's because I've overlooked some item I needed to pick up, and this kind of hint system will point an oversight like that out for you.

This was a fun, fun game to play. The gameplay followed a logical sequence, and with the helpful hint button, I never had to refer to the walkthru. There was a lot of moving back and forth, sure, but it was always within a limited area, so you didn't have to move 15 steps one way, then 15 steps back like in some games (does Raincliff ring a bell for anyone?)

Add to that the beautiful, clear graphics and the impressive game length, and you have a "winner" in my book. I give this game an "A+"!

posted in Haunting Mysteries: The Island of Lost Souls on Jun 22, 12 4:10 PM
The hidden object scenes are awful in this game. Why do the developers think it necessary to make objects so faint that they can't be seen? They are also guilty of hiding things behind other things so that only an edge can be seen, and expect you to recognize an object by just this little bit. Otherwise, the game is a lot of fun to play. The story is interesting, the gameplay is logical, and the mini-games are original and fun to work. But if the quality of hidden object scenes is important to you, then give this one a pass.

posted in Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper on Jun 15, 12 2:07 AM
In some of the hidden object scenes, you are allowed to pick up certain objects and move them around when they are of absolutely no use in finding the things you need. Why would the developers do this? In every other game I've played, if you can pick something up, then it's meant to help you find one of the objects that need an extra step. Very frustrating!

posted in Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White on Jun 2, 12 10:32 PM
You have to find all six pieces of the letter and assemble it on the table in the church before the game will allow you to exit the graveyard thru the gate. The pieces of the letter are all found in and around the church.

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Family Secrets on May 30, 12 12:21 AM
I played bought House of 1000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster first, & now it looks like I'll be buying House of 1000 Doors: Family Secrets, too. I just finished 40 minutes of the demo, & altho it doesn't look like it will have quite as exotic locales to visit as Palm of Zoroaster, it still has the same beautiful graphics & fun gameplay. A tiny quibble in that the puzzles are super easy, but that's not necessarily a bad thing because they don't slow the pace of the game. The objects in the HO scenes are clear & easy to spot, so they make you go thru an extra step in order to retrieve half of them. But that's OK too because it usually just means opening a box or a drawer or hitting something with a hammer. They are the kind of HO scenes where once you find objects, new ones replace them, so there are a lot of objects to find.
The story line also appears to be slightly less exotic: you are trying to put souls to rest & clear their good names as opposed to locating crystal skulls in order to kill a demon. But the game moves along at the same crisp pace as the other one & I already found myself wanting to see more. I never even glanced at the walkthru for either game because the hint button points you in the right direction if you get stuck, there's an interactive map, & the puzzles need no extra clarification. If you prefer games that are really tricky & super-challenging, then this one may not be for you. But if you like ones that make you think WITHOUT pulling your hair out by the roots (like me!), then you'll probably love it.

posted in Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition on May 15, 12 1:44 AM
I just finished the game (bonus play included) and for the most part it was a good time. It keeps you guessing about the villain's motives, which is a good thing - keeps you interested about what's coming next. However, the game REALLY needs a map. There are a lot of scenes that lead into other scenes, and a fair amount of back-tracking.

But my biggest peeve was having to use tools to complete tasks that make no sense whatsoever. For instance (this isn't in the game, so no spoiler): thinking you need a crowbar but actually having to use a shotgun! Really? C'mon guys!

The bonus game was a decent length and provided more closure to the story. I thought I would miss not having any hidden object scenes, but it turns out I hardly even noticed they were gone.

All in all, I give it a thumbs up, and consider it well worth the CE price.

posted in Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition on May 14, 12 12:15 AM
At the back of the main house (where the entrance to the basement is) there is a staircase leading up to the roof. There is a shining place there where you will need to use 6 medals eventually. Click on this area and you will see the rope hanging there just to the left.

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog on May 9, 12 10:49 PM
If you are inside the train station, click DOWN to get outside where the tracks are, and down once more to get outside the cave. Go up the rope to get inside the cave.

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog on May 9, 12 10:44 PM
I don't know why the game won't let you back into the cemetary, but if you have reached the cave with the telescope, you have absolutely no need to re-enter the cemetary.

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog on May 9, 12 10:42 PM
If you have already found the code thru the telescope, 457, then you don't need to go back to it again. On the book, change each number so that the middle numbers read 457 from top to bottom. The book will open.

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Royal Family Secrets on Apr 1, 12 1:47 AM
What you describe is totally NOT the story for Hidden Mysteries: Royal Family Secrets. In this game we're trying to appease ghosts a handmaiden accidentally freed into our world. What game are you describing? It sounds cool!

posted in Phenomenon: City of Cyan on Mar 30, 12 4:13 PM
Did you put the ash on the panel & trace the image with the button first? After you do that, the plasma light panel appears, & you should be able to place the lights. If you've done that and it still won't accept the lights, you should contact Big Fish and see what they say.

posted in Phenomenon: City of Cyan on Mar 30, 12 1:26 PM
Muzicgal is right: all 5 pieces of the dragon's wings are found right around the hut. Just remember to pick up the ladder at the tree so that you can reach the dragon.

posted in Phenomenon: City of Cyan on Mar 26, 12 4:32 PM
It's given to you on the steps of the bell tower after you finish talking to the blue apparition. You must have finished the chemical experiment at the train to get the charged crystal and have all the pieces of the grate. When you go to the bell tower to place the grate, the blue apparition will be waiting for you. Hope this helps.

posted in Hexus on Mar 21, 12 11:25 PM
Thanks. I see it now. I just don't have any idea what a large population does for you, if anything. It seems to me you should have more libraries, markets, etc. since they earn you power-ups every level. Am I missing something?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator