Posts created by JB4510

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on May 25, 14 9:55 PM
It's been stated before, but I will add that my biggest gripe with actual game play (vs. tech issues such as disappearing quests and auto-planting gifts) is having to stow and "unpack" 17 utensils each time I change cooking method.

My first thought was that instead of limiting total amount of utensils, they should limit amount per type, so one could have X numbers knives, spatulas, etc. out at all times, the number depending on level.

I realized though that would cause an issue with space restraints, so instead, I think the best option would be to allow players to trade up. For example, five bronze give 10% and cost 150,000 in coins, which equal $60 bucks for the silver which also gives 10% (using base value of one buck per 2500 coins). I understand they want to make money, and I personally would not mind trading say, ten bronze for one silver and 20 for one Gold. There would still be an actual cost/value and it would be up to each player as to if they felt it was worth said cost.

Right now, I have almost 100% of each utensil. I would pay slightly more for the ability to have that same amount of all utensils out at once, rather than having to change them out daily (and sometimes multiple times per day) when I am trying to level up on a certain quest.

The same idea could apply to the base appliances as well.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on May 23, 14 2:31 AM
A while ago I was playing a different "Free to Play" game with in-app purchases that had many problems, more than this one, but still very similar issues that resulted in players losing game dollars that have an actual real money value, considering they are sold.

After a few months of enough people complaining and contacting the game company directly about quests not giving advertised rewards, glitches costing game dollars, etc.; (in which more than a couple people discussed theoretical legal issues) a liaison from the game company came into the Forum and directly responded to the many different complaints as well as ideas. They later did, in fact, fix the most major issues and did incorporate the most often mentioned ideas for better game play.

I think it would be a really great idea if we could get such a liaison to visit here as well. If anyone has been in contact with the game company perhaps this could be suggested to them.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on May 23, 14 2:19 AM
I think the issue with the taco quest is that it only works if you do not close the game or otherwise disconnect from the server. I left the game open and running all day and was 4000 tacos shy of the goal when my Internet service was disrupted. Once restored, the quest was gone.

I think they are perfectly aware of this, as well as the occasionally glitch in the game that spends game dollars without action on the part of the player, - I'd bet money they designed it this way. Even if it is a glitch, they have no interest in fixing it because they see it as losing money.

This is by far not the only BF "Free" game that has such issues. I think BFG really needs to stand up and protect their long-time members from deliberate fraud, and truly resolve these issues as well as making them public knowledge; otherwise, silence is complicity in the eyes of the law.

StitchingCrazy wrote:
Taroo wrote:
S_haron wrote:I am on Level 37, and this is the first glitch I've encountered. It concerns the Daily Challenges where you have 22 hrs to complete them. Tonight one challenge was selling about 26,000 fish tacos for a reward of 20 Dollars. Wow! Well, I have all the necessary fish tacos in the ovens just waiting for them to finish cooking, and now the Challenge has disappeared from the list!

Same with me. I was looking forward to the 20 green bucks, but now the quest is just missing and all my ovens are empty and people are eating the tacos like, well, tacos... Still happy with the game, but disappointed this happened.

I have encountered a similar issue. The Daily Demand was to sell 26640 Fish Tacos within 22 hours. As they take 22 hours to cook, I had purchased the boost to halve the time of cooking. As I type this, they are still cooking, but the Daily Demand has disappeared.

As I'm not the only person to have experienced this, I very much hope the game developers are made aware that there appears to be some kind of glitch with the game, which can then be rectified.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on May 23, 14 2:11 AM
I can't say if I would have won the award because my Internet service went out at 8:30PM, at which time I had sold 22K tacos.Had my service not gone out, I'm guessing I would have received the prize.

I left the game running, in minimized mode, all day on my PC and the quest did not disappear. Once the connection was lost to the server, and I was told the Internet would be down until morning, I then tried opening the game on my cell phone and though I selected to "use data from server", I was given a new quest.

It appears the trick to the quest is to keep the game open and connected to the server without interruption. I think that should stated, I don't think it's quite right that they are doing this and acting like they don't know what the problem is.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on May 22, 14 1:01 AM
Today is the first time I have ever received the quest. I am posting this as a log to see if I experience the same problem.

I happened to wake up early and when I opened the game, I had eleven minutes left on yesterday's quest. Because of that I was able to watch as the game switched over to the taco quest at 3:03AM EDT. Because of my level and appliances, I was able to get 28,000 tacos in the ovens by 3:15AM. I already own the 50% cooking time so the ovens read as having 11 hours left.

As the day progresses, I will report back as to when and if (hopefully not!) the quest disappears.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on May 22, 14 12:45 AM
I play Cooking Academy Restaurant Royale under my paid Big Fish account on both my Windows 7 64bit PC and iPhone 4s.

There is a significant issue when playing on the PC only in that when harvesting planted spices, the game sometimes just "jumps" and automatically plants a "premium prize" and deducts $10 game bucks from my account. This has happened before and I assumed I had done something wrong. Because of that, I now pay very close attention when harvesting or planting spices.

Yesterday, 5/21/14, it happened twice, costing me $20 in game bucks, for which I paid real money, and am requesting be refunded to my game.

While harvesting spices in planters placed in a vertical row, I clicked on "harvest" and a "premium prize tree" appeared in the empty planter directly above the planter I was harvesting. The screen appeared to "jump" in that I was never taken to the page to select an item to plant. A few hours later the exact thing happened again.

Though I have read other reports of people accidentally spending bucks when cooking or serving dishes, I have never had that problem. This is the only problem I have had and I find it very odd that whenever it occurs, it automatically plants the most expensive choice. I have never seen the game, nor have I accidentally, planted a regular seed or lower cost prize, only the premium.

While I strongly agree with other suggestions that there be a confirmation pop-up to prevent accidental spending, in this case, I don't know that it would matter, because the plant choice screen was skipped altogether. The Premium Prize tree just appeared.

I sincerely hope this problem will be corrected soon. I appreciate your assistance in refunding my game account $20 in game bucks due to this problem.

Thank you.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on May 8, 14 11:09 PM
Thank you! I certainly use the stow option quite a bit, to the point I really, really wish we could assign food to a specific counter, versus having to stow counters to ensure food goes where we want it to!

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on May 8, 14 11:07 PM
I too only recently realized you can have more than one of each type of utensil. I am interested to know how other players chose and purchase utensils.

For example, five bronze will give a 10% increase for 150k coin, or one silver for $60. Which do you purchase and think is the better deal for those who do not purchase many, if any at all, dollars with real money?

Also, I know it is based on level, but can someone please tell me what is the maximum number of utensils allowed at one time ? Is it the same number as that of tables, counters, etc? Is it even possible to have 20 bronze to equal one gold?

Thanks!

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on Apr 26, 14 8:29 AM
Now I'm really confused! This morning everything was as I am used to it being, I just logged back in four hours later and was mindlessly planted spices until I suddenly ran out of funds. Only then did I realize the spice seeds are indeed 1000 coins. That really sucks.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on Apr 24, 14 4:03 AM
I purchased the cooking speed boost. Since then, I have been able to easily meet the daily demand items and have earned $34 in five days.

I don't quite understand the spice thing as since I began playing on 4/16, spice seeds have always cost 100 coins. Others are saying they cost 1000. I'm not planning to purchase that boost, but curious as to if I did, if my spice cost would remain the same (being that it is already at 100) or decrease to 10 coins each.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on Apr 24, 14 3:59 AM
Hi,

I can't say if this is due to an update, as it has been that way since I started, but if it helps you to narrow down the time-frame: I starting playing on 4/16/14 and since that time, the spice seeds have cost 100 coins and the inlaid counters have been worth 2 hearts.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on Apr 22, 14 10:15 PM
This is likely a dumb question to which I will find the answer immediately upon hitting the submit button, but sometimes it's the only way I figure things out. Is there a list of which levels increase the amount of items one can have? Does leveling-up ever do more than allow for more counters, appliances, etc?

Thanks

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on Apr 22, 14 10:05 PM
I just yesterday made the spareribs as a quest. I was so sure it was going to be some insanely difficult task, I almost lost due to sitting there trying to figure out if painting them with sauce was really all that was required!

Oh how I hate the potatoes. I've found it much easier and much less stress on the wrist to do those anything with a touch screen (i,e, phone, laptop, etc.).

I can now do them with three seconds left using a mouse. I do as Marmieduke suggests, with one difference: I cut them diagonally from top right to bottom left, never letting go of the mouse button. For some reason, straight up & down just doesn't work for me.

Good Luck!

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on Apr 22, 14 4:13 AM
Thank you for your responses. I have not upgraded and have managed to earn $20 bucks. I still have space for one more of each item at my next level-up. After that I will consider expanding, but unless it provides enough space to place more items, (counters, appliances, etc) I really do not see the point.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on Apr 22, 14 3:54 AM
Me too! I only just realized I can play my game both on my desktop and iPhone. Now I can peel those potatoes with five seconds to spare and save my wrist from carpal tunnel using the iPhone. It is so much easier for this one and several others. However there are some that I can't do on the phone at all. Just going to be a process I suppose of figuring out which ones are best on touch screen and which are best with mouse.

ajhbanana wrote:Just wanted to let you all know I FINALLY made a perfect potato salad! My brother after seeing me LOSE it (i was actually screaming at the computer!) pulled out the laptop that he uses as a register for his thrift shop and said here use this computer...... it is a TOUCH SCREEN laptop. I didn't have to hold down any buttons, just wipe the screen with my fingers. I could peel the whole potato with 3 fingers at once, I swipe and it was time to turn I actually had 10 seconds to spare when I was done with all 3 potatos.

I did it 4 times in a row just to make sure it was not a fluke. from now one when I will do these types of mini games on the touch screen and save myself tons of frustration!

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on Apr 22, 14 3:49 AM
Being new I just yesterday realized you can play the same game on both the desktop and mobile device. I'm using iPhone 4s and finding certain recipes to be much more difficult while others are truly saving me from carpal tunnel. (After my first attempt at meeting a daily demand, I had to ice my wrist and shoulder!)

I'm curious as to if anyone else plays pn both and what recipes you find easier on the phone, and which you might only be able to complete with an actual mouse.

For me, thus far, the:
sausage patties
radish salad
carrot sticks
potato salad
all are much easier on the phone and don't hurt my wrist the way they do on when using the mouse, especially the potato salad.

However, I have found that when playing on the phone I cannot make pork buns, corn muffins or any of the strainer recipes (mac ^ cheese, wontons, etc.) to save my life.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on Apr 18, 14 3:29 AM
I am on level 12 and have a quest to expand the store which costs $25 for "one space to the right and down". Can someone explain what that means in terms of the game? Does it allow for more counters or appliances?

At this early stage of the game, is it better to upgrade utensils/appliances that cost Bucks for more skill points before expanding or vice versa?

Thank you

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on Apr 18, 14 2:30 AM
I just started so my final verdict is still pending; however I tend to agree with the OP on this. Using only the bucks given, and spending them only when prompted by quests, I have already spent all of my bucks and I’m only on level 10. Now I can’t complete quests that cost bucks

Being new to the game, I can’t tell if I messed up somewhere, or if it is because of the way I play. (If there is a thread as to how to best save one’s dollars, I would appreciate someone pointing me in that direction.) My game time is limited to one hour each morning, with my cup of Joe. I find it kick-starts my brain. I’m not interested in games that one plays for 15 minutes at a time several times a day.
I’ve played other BF games with in-game purchases, Antique Road Trip being one I leveled out on, and I do find this game to be far more aggressive, and less often rewarding of free bucks.

I enjoy these types of games, but having been a member for over four years, I’m not sure I like the direction BF is heading. I strongly agree that members should be allowed to apply credits for in-game purchases. This would be the best of both worlds, in my opinion. Members could choose to purchase a game or receive the typical $10 worth of in-app “money”.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on Apr 18, 14 2:08 AM
Newbie here. I thought I'd never get that stupid potato peeled. Finally, found what works for me (I'm on desktop using a full size mouse). I'm right handed, so I hold down the mouse the entire time and swipe diagonally from top right to bottom left. At first I was going straight up and down and never got it. Now I can usually do it with one or two seconds to spare.

posted in Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale on Apr 17, 14 5:00 AM
Thank you very much!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator