Posts created by kailuaauntie

posted in Gummy Drop! on May 29, 17 10:37 PM
Woosywoosy. There are, obviously, players of different abilities in any sport or game, and that is true for Gummy Drop. I've reached Dubai, have only been able to "complete" 5 or 6 cities, and have spent some $$ to get where I am.

Some players will be able to complete all levels in each city, and some of us will need to spend some $$ in order to move on to the next city. The important issue here is that you enjoy playing the game.

posted in Gummy Drop! on May 25, 17 6:46 PM
Query. I have been playing for over a year on 2 games (including Facebook) and have reached Dubai in one and Tahiti in the other. And still don't know what it means when that cheery fem voice announces "GUMMY DROP!" ? ? ? It definitely clears the board but not necessarily with game winning results.

2nd question. A number of you are definitely advanced, analytical, calculating players and wonder how many were engineers, or in other "brainiac" "professions?

posted in Gummy Drop! on May 16, 17 7:04 PM
I can't tell you how much I appreciated everyone's input. Unfortunately, not everyone is a GD "Olympian" like some in VT. I am in Dubai only because I resorted to spending my US $'s. As an aside, I traveled to Amsterdam and found it a great, comfortable city, unlike my experiences with Los Angeles and New Orleans. Carry on Seniors.

I am currently fostering three tiny kittens for a local rescue organization, and they are my "go to" when GD starts to drive me round the bend. Couldn't ask for more fun and hilarity!

posted in Gummy Drop! on May 16, 17 9:01 AM
I am only in Dubai and need advice from the "A-Team" players out there. I do a lot of shipping to get the resources I need but usually only after I get stuck at a monument.

The question is: when you start a new city, how do you know which resources to start shipping?

posted in Gummy Drop! on May 14, 17 5:54 PM
NEENA60: you will only get "scratch tickets" if you are playing the GD Facebook game. I got stuck awhile back and started a FB game, so I am able to bounce back and forth between the two games when a level gets frustrating. I am playing on an iPad which I found to be so much easier than my iPhone.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 22, 17 1:15 PM
Oops, but the thread is still locked, at least on my end.?

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 21, 17 2:41 PM
Wondering why the "help" for this city is locked, and inaccessible?

posted in Gummy Drop! on Feb 11, 17 1:01 PM
I just fought my way out of Tahiti, kicking and clawing most of the way, but I don't recall any of those lovely airplanes bearing crates of goodies. Are the planes still appearing in future cities? As usual I ended up leaving over a million resources behind AARGH which will take some time to use up. =^..^=

posted in Gummy Drop! on Feb 5, 17 6:28 PM
lordkalvan wrote:I found it but had to go to Helpful Links to find the link to it. It's not stickied any more, and latest post was a few days ago.

It's strange but I see it with a Feb post but it's not showing in first three pages of threads, and that goes back to Jan.

Thank you! I posted a comment for the Moderators.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Feb 5, 17 6:25 PM
WONDERING why this Discussion is no longer "stickied" and easy to find ?

Moderators: please give us a hand here. =^..^=

posted in Gummy Drop! on Feb 5, 17 12:34 PM
I can't locate the discussion relative to "the best levels to replay for resources." And I've searched back through January. I know some of you seniors are active in that discussion, and I'm wondering if it is visible to you. Thanks for your help =^..^=

posted in Gummy Drop! on Feb 3, 17 6:44 PM
snowmanvt -- THANK YOU for the encouraging words. I'm going "looney tunes" in Tahiti trying to get the millions needed for each monument. Plus, it's making me really grumpy that I sometimes leave millions behind when I leave a city, an am usually short at least one resource so can't mine for gems. I finished Amsterdam as an event city, and enjoyed it. Luckily the CA drought seems to be over so that, at least, is cheering me up.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Feb 3, 17 6:24 PM
lordkalvan wrote:
kailuaauntie wrote:Maybe I am a little confused 'cause I am wondering why I would play SFO 28 or 29 for just hats and bricks when I could play 93 and get a hats, bricks, AND pinkies?

In my case, it's because I enjoy playing 29 and don't like all that sand in 93. I get more bricks and pinkies from 29 than I get all three in 93, and I enjoy playing 55 which gives me bricks and hats. I get bored playing the same levels all the time....

Gotcha. Unfortunately, SFO 55 and I have never been friends. Except for today. Thanx for help

posted in Gummy Drop! on Feb 3, 17 11:33 AM
Maybe I am a little confused 'cause I am wondering why I would play SFO 28 or 29 for just hats and bricks when I could play 93 and get a hats, bricks, AND pinkies?

posted in Gummy Drop! on Feb 3, 17 11:01 AM
I could be wrong, but I believe the videos for bonus points are only for those playing with Facebook.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 5, 17 8:44 AM
Mexico City 106. You just need 2 adjacent lightening bolts which are usually easy to get; both white bombs will explode. (Haven't figured out how to respond to a post.).

And Hau'oli Makahiki Hou ! to all the all the "seniors" out there.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 4, 17 5:58 PM
Mexico City 106 is good for bricks, hats and pinkies, and I always have at least 12 moves left over. It's surprisingly easy, but rewards are usually just about/almost 30k.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 29, 16 6:04 PM
Level 86 is giving me brain cramps. I know there is a catch I am missing and could sure use some help.

AHA! Figured it out -- needed adjacent t lightening bolts. Simple as thar?

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 19, 16 12:05 PM
rrrrob : thanx for the link. I had seen it but thought it was limited to losing unused moves that were purchased for 150 coins.

eli173 : Thanx for your input. I watch my moves carefully and will try to use every move available. However, as you said, cascading can make that difficult. I just finished a game with 17 moves left on the board, along with 4 lightening bolts. The game made only 4 more moves, the lightening bolts made VERY small strikes, and it was over. I feel very fortunate when I can finish the third level and it's frustrating to "leave money on the table."

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 15, 16 1:31 PM
I quite often achieve the goals of a game while I still have moves and lightning bolts yet to use. Why are we not able to continue playing the game to take advantage of those moves and lightning bolts rather than lose them?

Does anyone else sharing my frustration?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator