Posts created by cissyr1768

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 29, 13 7:43 AM
LXC12 wrote:I agree that anyone who is finding the game more frustrating than fun should stop playing it.

I 100% agree with that sounds to me like to many folks are way over doing issues. when they get back from their Holiday I am sure they will fix things. I am still sitting at 23 out of 24 quests even after doing the 24th one today, and I am not complaining at all. Its fun. So I miss out on a ham. Who cares. Later on they will fix the issues. Just enjoy a game peoples. It's a game. Not real life.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Dec 29, 13 7:35 AM
I was enjoying playing found yesterday for the second time in months. However I realized why I took this game of my computer. It heats up my laptop and then my laptop shuts down. It happened to me 3 times yesterday, anyone else having this issue??? I think its because there is so many things moving even when at the map area everything is moving around. Once again I have removed the game. However I would have enjoyed playing it daily but this is an issue and a big one for me.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 29, 13 4:15 AM
lawmaiden wrote:What a poor game plan to this xmas fiasco. Waiting until after christmas to put up the tree. Where do these designers live? Planet X????
This has been soooo disappointing after such a great Thanksgiving special, cuz after this, Im going to finish up the rest of the shops I havent finished and move on to something else.
Its a relief I didnt buy this game. Sorry BF, Boom Zap has not done you any justice with this game, but Thank You for letting me play it for free.

The designers live in China. Like everything else made in China the game is defective.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 29, 13 4:12 AM
Looks like we will be having plenty of left overs. Now I tried the game found someone said that one was much better then this one however my computer hates it and over heats, so nope I wont be changing over to that one any time soon.

As for our left over items. I hope we get to use them next Christmas so we all will be ahead of the game.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 29, 13 4:09 AM
Ok so then you believe then their should be the rich part of town the middle class part of town and then the dirt poor folks living on the streets in this game just so you can have more??? And be rich like you are in life?? Gosh rich folks need to realize there is reality, and there is games.

At any point has big fish stated the more money you put into the game the more you get?? Nope not at all, they have stated time and time again its a free to play game and that buying stuff in the game is optional. You spent your cash on your own. Who's fault is that?? It's your fault not BFG's.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 28, 13 4:47 PM
april3850 wrote:One example of a reward that could not be obtained is the one for completing all the buildings. That's impossible to do because some of the buildings are not even available.

Another one is the 15/17 Thanksgiving quests that I have and cant complete cause its over and I have tags all over the place saying "Item No Longer Available."

We all have extras for thanksgiving and will be having extras for Christmas as well. However they were free to play games no investment needed. As for the other buildings this is a long term game things open up all the time new quests happening off and on. Give it time its not a quick to get done with game. Its a keeper.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 28, 13 4:40 PM
It was a 1 time quest if you didn't get it tat was it. I got 2 so only got to do 2 of those collections.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 28, 13 12:35 PM
Yes this is a long term game and I think many just want to zoom right through it fast and that is why they keep investing more and more cash into it. Personally i wont ever invest in something that I can do for free. Why would anyone even want to do that. Its always best to do things slowly.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 28, 13 12:25 PM
Acashy wrote:
cissyr1768 wrote:Putting cash into this is optional. Not against the law at all. Why would you invest cash in a game if you didn't want to do it?? Strange how all of a sudden its illegal to invest cash in these games when they say it's optional. Also no one was forced to do it.

Now farm up sort of ticked me off, they actually made us invest cash into it. It was one of the quests to buy gold. Now that one I can see it being illegal.

Why would it be illegal when they provided plenty of gold so players could skip that part?
Even if they didn't I don't see how it would be illegal, but I would probably see it as reason enough to quit playing, as I do with games that requires you to add "friends" but doesn't give you the means to add friends from the ppl already playing.

Luckily though the farm up game only cost me 79 cents for that little bit of gold. However I gave up on that game. It just wasn't that interesting to me. However to have it free to play then make the 2nd quest that people have to invest and buy gold, to me was pretty wrong. Luckily though we have not seen that at all with this game. I wouldn't have actually said it was illegal, just morally wrong to call it free when they pretty much made folks buy gold.

However ART has not done that and buying gold is optional.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 28, 13 6:15 AM
Putting cash into this is optional. Not against the law at all. Why would you invest cash in a game if you didn't want to do it?? Strange how all of a sudden its illegal to invest cash in these games when they say it's optional. Also no one was forced to do it.

Now farm up sort of ticked me off, they actually made us invest cash into it. It was one of the quests to buy gold. Now that one I can see it being illegal.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 28, 13 5:57 AM
rybo510 wrote:I also have 23 out of 24. The last one will probably come out today after midnight.
I didn't get the elf toolbox the first time it came around due to a glitch. Yesterday I got it a few times from the quest. I made the mistake of collecting the reward too soon. I thought at that point the elf toolbox was added to the city so I got my reward. If I had not clicked on the reward yet I probably could have gotten more. A little trick I learned from other forum members.

I got 11 tool boxes total going into the mines 2 times. This is what is getting me, why so many tool boxes when the pother games only gave us 1 item per game???? And of course I also only have 23 out of 24 quests and should be at 24 just is bad if you ask me.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 28, 13 5:53 AM
Did anyone happen to notice a big difference in collecting the tool boxes compared to everything else??? We got more then 1 tool box per game played I have 6 extra after completing my rewards, and I exchanged 5 of them for 50 gold. Now this is after only playing 2 games in the mines. What is up with that??? Yet all the rest gave us only 1 per game this is messed up. I think tomorrow they need to let us have 1 whole day of collecting everything. That way we can finish up some collectibles.

I wonder if we can use these collectibles next year??? If so then I am playing a few more times in the mine before collecting my reward for doing the quest.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 27, 13 7:37 PM
Scoutmander wrote:Is there a certain level that has to be reached to find these collectibles? I'm at level 47, have all locations mastered up to Toy Shop. I've played the locations listed here to find my missing pieces and I'm getting nothing at all.

I'm missing Santa's Scrap, Ghostly Trail, Pillar O' Winter, Santas Shaving Kit, Holly Boxers and Elf Tool Box.

I just played all these locations at least 3 times, used 3 lasagnes to do that and didn't receive anything. I haven't received any collectibles since before Christmas.

Do you think I just need to keep playing over and over? I'm having the same issues in some of the non-christmas quests (I bet I've used over 60 butterfly nets for one and still nothing!).

Thanks for your help!

Well good luck with that quest. I am still waiting on getting that quest finished and have used over 200 butterfly nets, and over another 100 envelopes. Getting ticked off with it now.

As for the Christmas stuff most of that stuff we just get during the quests.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 27, 13 7:32 PM
yeah after doing some digging yesterday I noticed it was still through BFG. Oh well I will most likely try it sooner or later. Got interested in work today and forgot about checking into it more.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 27, 13 7:27 PM
I think they all took off until after New years and left us all disappointed. I was also a bit shocked with nothing today. Makes you wonder.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 27, 13 4:14 AM
Many folks are at level 101 and still those areas are locked up and the buildings are still locked up. You will get the new city after you level up a bit more. I opened some mini games myself with gold after Thanksgiving. However I only opened 2 of them and about 1 week later I reached the point to where 1 would have unlocked by itself lol. So it was a waste. Yes you will get more quests. I have one I still haven't completed its taking forever to get enough envelopes, and butterfly nets, once I actually get enough and play them I never get the item, so its taking forever. So far I have used over 200 butterfly nets and still no item.Make sure to load up on stuff before you get up into the levels 40 through 50's and even into 60's they have some major issues with wanting you to play mini games over and over again for your quests.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 26, 13 9:48 AM
wulfruna wrote:
cissyr1768 wrote:Yes I now have completed all 4 collections and no reward. I guess this wont get worked out until after the holidays???

I wonder if you really mean you have completed the 4 different collections - or whether you mean that you have collected more than 4 sets of the existing 3 collections altogether? Once we learned the lesson of not claiming the "reward" straight away, we were able to collect items to complete a single collection several times over. So altogether I have now completed about 12 sets of collections - and others have got even more I think. But these are only for 3 different ones.

More then 4 sets sorry about that. I forget where I am in here and most don't hear the tone like you would say in a voice lol.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 26, 13 9:45 AM
chalktique wrote:Thats Awful !! I sure hope you get your gold..surely you have an email stating your purchase?
I get so tempted to buy a big o bag of gold, but I don't want to spend any of my real $$. I got my $ up, and sold a ton of extra items at auction, then bought the 800.00 clam chowder like 300 times to get my 100 gold bars.
At least it was something to do waiting on the new quests.
All in all this is the best game I have played, and being free !!
I bought a few games, and they were completed the very same day, no further to go unless you start over under new name...

Sounds like me. I don't believe in putting real money into this game but if I can use the gold coins I make in the game for things that I am fine with doing.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 26, 13 9:35 AM
meinaz wrote:I think that a lot of our expectations were heightened due to the large amount of gold we were able to accumulate over the Thanksgiving event. I know I personally completed each of the collections at least 25 times. Now Christmas comes and we aren't able to even complete one of the collections by just going through normal means. The developers have to be stupid to think that people wouldn't be outraged. If Thanksgiving hadn't been so easy to achieve, I think there would be less outrage. i am still holding out hope that once Scrooge is dealt with we will have time to finish all of the collections multiple times. If this doesn't happen (especially with all of the glitches), I suspect there will be more people moving on to other games.

I didn't get the chance to do like others did at Thanksgiving was gone so got very little gold. However I do know some folks got thousands of Gold. However I believe they need to allow us at least 1 day to finish up what we can for collections. That would help all of us a lot. I still have tons of collectibles left over from Thanksgiving. Not sure if we can use them next year or not, I sure hope so. That way I will be one step ahead of the game.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 26, 13 9:30 AM
April if you ask me they should have it so that people can buy into one of these games and have unlimited everything for like $50. That way they would never have to buy anything ever again. They also would have to make it so that you would own the game in case if they ever stop having it as a free to play game you would still be able to play it daily at home.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator