Posts created by LucyMarie

posted in Penny Dreadfuls: Sweeney Todd Collector`s Edition on Jan 14, 10 3:38 PM
I finished with a B grade and in four hours. I did not check on extras as I just spent four hours playing a game instead of doing what I had planned for today.

Hope that helps a little!

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Penny Dreadfuls: Sweeney Todd Collector`s Edition on Jan 14, 10 2:22 PM
My husband got this for me as an anniversary present (he is deployed and just does not know it )

There a lot of hidden objects to find. I, too, find it frustrating when I buy a HOG and I spend more time with puzzles than with looking for objects.

On the downside--there are a LOT of those darn junkpiles. I cannot stand junkpiles--if I want to find stuff hidden in junk, I go to my son's room!

I really like the strategy guide in the game (even better than MCF where one has to leave the playing area) and that right there is worth some of the extra $$$.

Perhaps when complete I will come back and let y'all know if it was worth it

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper on Jan 13, 10 7:42 AM
I know I feel the same way. Have done Dr Felix and all that as well. I suppose when one thinks of the volume of games (daily!) there are bound to be some rotten apples in the bunch.

I am glad I was not the only who one who had this thought! Let's hope all this is behind us now and we can get new wonderful (NON CRASHING) games.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper on Jan 13, 10 7:40 AM
MrsSkippy wrote:You have a glitch. Contact CS about it, the little , on the right.
Welcome to the pond

from a similar thread.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

PS the game ended here twice for me so I had to delete the whole darn thing!

posted in Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper on Jan 13, 10 7:38 AM
MrsSkippy wrote:You have a glitch. Contact CS about it, the little , on the right.
Welcome to the pond

from a similar thread.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper on Jan 13, 10 7:35 AM
I wound up having to delete the game. Just could not overcome the issues--even after replaying, I was booted in the same spot.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper on Jan 11, 10 5:19 PM
I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean the game locks you out and you have to restart or that when you are out of clues you do not know how to proceed and need help with that?

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper on Jan 11, 10 5:17 PM
I am sure most of that came directly from the book by Mary Kay Andrews. If you head over to amazon you can read reviews of the book itself.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper on Jan 11, 10 5:13 PM
I KNOW! and what gets me is that it is counting accuracy against us.

I did roll my eyes at this one--in one level I had to find the laddle and in the next I had to find a ladle. Not a good job spell checking there...

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper on Jan 11, 10 5:11 PM
I have bought the game and it keeps kicking me out like I am on the trial run. grrrrrr.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Veronica Rivers: The Order Of Conspiracy on Jan 8, 10 11:59 PM
I used a free credit on this so I did not overpay, but overall the game (to include length) was just eh. The ending was just plain silly!

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Anka on Jan 5, 10 11:53 AM
thank you! I thought I was the only one who could not get this

have a blessed new year,
LucyMarie

posted in Anka on Jan 5, 10 9:55 AM
Thank you for the heads up-- I saw it was a HOG, but it did not look too good. I will try the demo now.

have a blessed new year,
LucyMarie

posted in Samantha Swift: Mystery From Atlantis on Jan 3, 10 4:41 PM
Having just played all three games, I think the second was the best! Agree we need more of a challenge.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena on Jan 3, 10 4:39 PM
If I remember correctly you have numbered weights and the scales, yes? If so, you need to put three weights on each side that equals the weight of the three weights on the other side. Hope this helps!

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena on Jan 3, 10 4:36 PM
great replay value too. I just replayed this weekend and I had a blast (I did all in the series).

Blessings,
LucyMarie

I dithered about buying the collector edition and then I saw the club edition come out the next day! UGH! I too, wish I had waited. Not all the pieces of the game worked (notebook) which to me is VITAL in the more expensive edition. The preview of the coming game was fun, but I do not know if that was worth the extra. I will buy the next MCF collector edition, but that will be about all.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

I commented about this in a post a while ago. I am pretty fed up that I paid for the collector edition and then the darn thing does not work. To me it is not the point that the game does not need it (if it was put in the game I want to use it), but the fact that the game is flawed. I did not complain to BFG, but it does make the likelihood of me ever getting a collector edition again MIGHTY slim. But thank you for letting me know it was not just my error--maybe I will ask BFG.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

Blessings to each of you and a big thank you!

I did go ahead and get and play the game. I could not get the book to open which frustrated me no end!

I did not enjoy it as much as my MCF games, but can any of us?

A very blessed new year,
LucyMarie

I am still on the fence about this game--I bought the MCF collector edition and was not too "wowed"--and I want some honest input about buying this game.

I came to the forum and I thank BFG becasue they allow the forums to list both the good and bad reviews. It is a gift that BFG does not just allow the comments that make them look good to be posted. I am a big fan of Big Fish because of this honesty.

Now, to decide......

Blessings and Happy New Year,
LucyMarie

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator