Posts created by thenerdwonder

posted in Virtual City on Sep 14, 13 1:00 PM
When I try to play the actual game, the tabs at the bottom of the screen as well as the in-game menus blink on and off. The main menu where you'd pick your player or game mode works just fine. I've reinstalled the game and set it to use XP compatibility mode but it doesn't make any difference.

Edit: Playing on Win7 x64

posted in All My Gods on Mar 15, 12 2:33 PM
It's in the middle of the swamp in between the big swamp and the desert.

posted in All My Gods on Mar 14, 12 1:41 PM
Actually, the Helmet comes from a mission Mercury gives you to get rid of Mars.

posted in All My Gods on Mar 14, 12 1:39 PM
The Drain Swamp tool also lets you fill in lava squares.

posted in All My Gods on Mar 14, 12 1:35 PM
Build more schools. They increase both the amount of science you get per tick and your max science storage.

posted in All My Gods on Mar 13, 12 7:45 PM
The second obelisk just requires you to clear the four piles in front of it.

The third obelisk activates after you build a Shrine, if I remember correctly.

posted in All My Gods on Mar 13, 12 7:42 PM
Build and upgrade barns to get more storage.

posted in All My Gods on Mar 13, 12 7:40 PM
You need to research Rituals for the Shrine and another tech I can't recall for the Dairy. I think both of them appear under the production buildings tab.

posted in All My Gods on Mar 13, 12 11:55 AM
Temples and Shrines can only be built in the volcano area. You will have to clear trees and fill in lava to build much more than a Shrine or 2

posted in All My Gods on Mar 13, 12 8:08 AM
There is no way to increase your gold storage. It's always a max of 20,000. The Hand of God is the only way to go past that limit. Markets and banks only increase the amount of gold you get per tick, not your max amount.

posted in All My Gods on Mar 13, 12 8:05 AM
Your people strike when there are not enough resources for their building to work. You can click on the building to see how many of each resource it uses.

A mill requires food and wheat. If either of those resources runs out (i.e. you're using more than you're producing), your workers will strike until you either start producing enough or have enough stored up. Using the Hand of God will work temporarily by giving you resources in storage for them to use. For a long-term fix, increase your production so that you're producing more wheat than you're using up.

posted in All My Gods on Mar 13, 12 8:00 AM
The numbers underneath your resources tell you how many of each resource you will get at the next production tick. Green indicates an increase, red a decrease, and grey is no change.

posted in All My Gods on Mar 13, 12 7:58 AM
ashasmasha wrote:I have tried every which way i can think of to expand my board storage...I built 2 lumber mills upgraded to level 3 and it has changed nothing. I destroyed those and built two more....nothing. I need to beat a mission that requires that I have 100 boards, but just cant do it....very frustrating!

Building more lumber mills just increases the number you produce each turn. To increase your storage capacity, build and upgrade barns.

posted in All My Gods on Mar 11, 12 6:19 PM
You'll get the helmet from a mission. It'll reveal the last bit of coast and give you access to an artifact to get Mars off your back.

posted in All My Gods on Mar 11, 12 6:17 PM
Note that upgrades don't require you to produce that many per tick, you just need that many stored up. Build or upgrade barns to increase your storage capacity for everything except science (schools/universities), mana (temple buildings), or money (20,000 max).

posted in All My Gods on Mar 11, 12 6:14 PM
I don't think the game actually explains it, but underneath the Hand of God button are two others.

The middle one lets you move buildings for mana by clicking the button, then the building, then the new location.

The bottom one lets you destroy buildings and other things on the map.

To increase your food production, either upgrade your existing food buildings or build new ones. You only get two fishery spots, the rest of your food will come from cabbage fields, dairy farms/cheese factories, and wheat fields/mills/bakeries.

posted in All My Gods on Mar 6, 12 4:48 PM
research "Drain Swamps". The same icon you use to drain swamps is used to clear the lava.

posted in All My Gods on Mar 6, 12 4:47 PM
It goes on top of the spot you pulled stone out of earlier, north of your hall.

It's not very obvious, but the valid placement spots turn a yellow-green when you go to place it.

posted in All My Gods on Mar 5, 12 9:36 PM
I've hit the "autosell all your extra food" bug.

I have a population of 85, max support of 90. My fish, cabbage, cheese, and bread production are all in the green. I've maxed out my storage on bread and every other foodstuff autosells its entire stock. Even pulling it out of the bulidings with the hand of god autosells.

Edit:
Did some more experimentation and food is REALLY buggy. I'll hand-of-god fish out of the water and it gets added to my stock of bread or cheese. It almost looks like it's triggered by hitting max storage one of your food stuffs.

posted in All My Gods on Mar 4, 12 3:13 PM
I've seen a couple bugs while playing this game.

1) The game decided to reset my save seemingly at random. I had finished for the night, next day my progress was gone. checked both my normal account and the administrator account I used to install the game, but no luck (I hate that installing requires admin access...)

2) I too have seen the "all my people stop moving" bug. All my buildings still produce, but none of the people do anything. Even if I move them around with the hand of god, they stay stuck. Makes it impossible to continue in the game since my builders won't build. This happened sometime after completing the "find the soldiers" task and "build a road to your hall" tasks.

3) The tutorials can leave you in a state where you can't continue. I got the "this is how you upgrade stuff" screen fade-out just before a task finished, covering up the school Jupiter wanted me to upgrade and closing the building info window. Since I couldn't click the upgrade button, I couldn't drop the tutorial fade-out; and the fade-out stopped me from closing the "task finished" window.

I'm on Win7 64-bit, using a non-administrator account.

The game is fun, but these bugs have forced me to stop playing it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator