Posts created by Linde36

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition on Mar 7, 11 2:54 PM
Wow! I LOVED this game! Everything about it was fantastic!!! The art was outstanding, the music nice and "creepy"...and the difficulty was just right. I really appreciated the opportunity to skip hard puzzles. This is the best game ever! Amazing. PLEASE bring us more from this genius team of developers!!!
Two opposable thumbs up!

P.S. Kudos for having an actual ending to the storyline...as we wait for the next offering. Again- simply amazing! Keep up the great work! I can't wait to go back into the harder mode/bonus play and do it all over again! <very happy jellyfish here>

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Mar 6, 11 10:23 PM
Bravo to you for highlighting the people that rushed to attack those of us with a legitimate complaint. The rope comment was really awful, as was the "nobody held a gun to your head and forced you to buy it..." Wow. That kind of vitriol is what you get for stating that you prefer a game with a beginning, middle and end...and object to not being notified (at full price) that the story abruptly ended in the middle without warning?

Voicing a complaint about this is not equivalent to "attacking a game" or "attacking Big Fish" or being unreasonable or having "angst" or "not getting along" or being too stupid to read the forums first or "having some inner need to kvetch"... it is a reasonable complaint.

Perhaps we can agree to disagree without having to belittle those with opposing views. We aren't attacking politics or religion here folks! Peace out.

posted in Lost Chronicles: Salem on Mar 6, 11 9:35 PM
I never thought to use the drill for the barrel. Good grief. I just kept passing that yapping/barking dog without a clue as to where the bone was! I never got to use the bellows or the necklace. I did manage the milk for the cat (who was a familiar).

One weird point- the two girls in the forest were pretty young, in that hysterical environment, to be doing any ritual. It was never explained what the ritual was. The objects "lost" by the one girl, along the way, were never recovered. That was a bit odd.

posted in Lost Chronicles: Salem on Mar 6, 11 9:27 PM
I myself was hoping that the evil guy would be exposed in front of the crowd, or that the Judge would expose him (given the evidence), or somehow he would get his just desserts. The game ended so quickly (after the tree's destruction) that I didn't get a chance to read the journal to see if he was jailed or whatnot.

Overall it was a great game! I just found it a bit insane to go from a dramatic moment in front of a hanging crowd...to BAM!...reunited with mom and ready to hightail it out of Salem. Did anybody happen to know if the bad guy was punished? Oh well, perhaps that is a loose detail for another game...

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Feb 25, 11 5:24 PM
Smallhaven wrote:I couldn't disagree more with the first two posts. This is an absolutely great game that you can immerse yourself in if you take the time to enjoy every aspect the developers have delivered.

I guess one would have to equate what constitutes a "full" versus "partial" game. Movies, books, TV shows are done in installments. So why not casual games? I happen to enjoy Harris' books and know that each one will deliver me to the next and I have to be patient for that publication. I feel that way with games that are delivered in sequels.

I don't disagree that it was a great gaming experience. It was very well done. However, the issue isn't that the story is in installments. It is that we were led to believe that it was a complete story- beginning, middle, and end. To get right into the height of the action, smack in the middle, and STOP (totally without warning) is what enraged so many people. Would you buy an action adventure movie that just STOPPED right smack in the middle, with no warning on the pkg or insert? I think that it is the really poor decision not to warn customers...and they were playing in the hopes of getting an ending to the story.

Whenever the second part comes out (next week? next month? next season? next year?) it will be the same price as if a collector's edition. So it isn't the installment thing. It is the sudden shock of realizing that you are slammed to a sudden stop in the storyline with no way to finish. That's all. Kudos to C. Harris and the story and the graphics and the whole thing. Two opposable thumbs down to the lack of warning from the vendor (in the title).

posted in Jewel Quest: The Sleepless Star on Feb 25, 11 5:15 PM
In Jewel Quest (JQ) Heritage, Percy Pack's wife was listed as Patricia Yellowtail.
In the JQ Sleepless Star, Percy Pack is adventuring with Pattawaset- known as "Yellow Feather." It would be really cool if the couples in JQ Heritage could have their own story lines in their time periods. I'd buy them all!

I am enjoying JQ The Sleepless Star. The voice timing is perfect, the backgrounds are nice, and even the characters are drawn very well. I have nothing negative to say about this game...it is so much fun. I have only started part 3, but am looking forward to the adventure. Great Job and kudos to the devs at I Win. Thanks for bringing this to us BF.

There will always be adrenaline junkies that are "bored" with anything less than lightning speed and mad rushes around. There will always be those that want nothing to do with a timed game. For the rest, I think that you will find this game to be great entertainment.

Again (ahem) it would be awesome to get some back story on the various couples featured in "JQ Heritage"...please pass that suggestion along BF. Thanks!

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Feb 13, 11 8:37 PM
I would have preferred to pay "Collector's Edition" price for the full game.
In 4 yrs of being a customer, I've never played a game that simply STOPS halfway through after 4 of 8 episodes WITHOUT ANY WARNING!

BF didn't design the game but they could at least have WARNED us in the title or somewhere in the notes...instead of having us clicking all over the site trying to figure out how to start episode 5...only to run to the forums and discover that there is no episode 5!!

Who knows how long it will take for Part II to come out. As much as I enjoyed this stellar game, I will NOT support this marketing gimmick by purchasing another 1/2 game at full price.

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Feb 13, 11 12:13 PM
It was a GREAT game! Bravo! Two opposable thumbs up!

I'm not mad...I just didn't appreciated not being WARNED in the title (Charlaine Harris ying for Daylight- part I, for example) that we would only get to play half of the game for full price. I was clicking around all over creation to get to episode 5, while waiting for the caffeine to kick in, but I figured it out.

Yes, serialization is fun, the dev's got us on the hook for part two, but I wasn't happy about the lack of notification that we weren't going to play a full storyline. I hope this isn't a new trend, as I would hate to have to look up each forum first to see if I can expect to play a complete game or not.

All being said and done..GREAT game!

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Feb 13, 11 6:14 AM
I have never, in four years of playing games with Big Fish, had a game simply STOP in the middle of the action and storyline.. and at full price too! While I loved the game, it would be prudent for Big Fish to title the game "Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight-Part one" and then let us know when part two is coming out.

That being said, it was a fantastic game and I really enjoyed the artwork and the story.. The CIA guy looks a bit too much like a 14 year old boy! Other than that the characters are fantastic! I loved everything about this game except the surprise ending in the middle of the action.

posted in Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White on Sep 18, 10 6:51 PM
I will keep trying, but I am also stuck at the gate in the graveyard. Each of the previous scenes has "nothing further to do here" and I am ready to go! I will contact Big Fish about this, as nobody is replying to this series of complaints.
The "walkthrough blog" says "go through the gate"...but we can't!

I will let you know what Big Fish says.

pw

posted in Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy on Jul 19, 09 10:43 PM
I have the exact same problem! The first lantern went into the LEFT eye socket fine....then the second lantern simply vanished! It isn't in the tool box. It is nowhere to be found!

*** Is there a fix for this that doesn't require the ENTIRE game to be replayed up to this point? *** That would be maddening. I think that I'll just put this game on "hold" until a solution can be worked out.

I'm sorry that we are all having this problem. Perhaps the techno folks at Big Fish can look into this???

Thanks

posted in Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine on Jul 12, 09 8:58 AM
Cheers. I put all of the beads (in the correct order) and waited for the "fixed" wampum to occur...and nothing happens. I reset it and used the "clear cloth" marker to repair each square underneath the colours and redid them. Nothing. I cannot get the wampum to show that it has been restored. I tripled checked the placements and all. Please help! Thanks ever so much. pw

posted in Around the World in 80 Days on Mar 29, 09 9:52 PM
I have tried and tried and tried to get past this China Day 49...but can't get the pieces from the middle column in time. I am almost ready to toss the game in the rubbish bin. HOW do you get those pieces out of the middle column and into a column where they can be brought to the bottom and out?????
PLEASE HELP!!!~ (thanks)

posted in Around the World in 80 Days on Mar 27, 09 10:24 PM
I'm also stuck on day 49 of China. I have tried over and over and just run out of time before I can get the pieces traded over to the right or left. I would also love to get a tip on how to get those pieces out of the middle "column of doom" ... please help! (thanks)

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator