Posts created by koebek

posted in Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition on Nov 12, 15 9:22 AM
was this ever answered? i've replayed all the HOPs in the gallery section of the extras, gotten 3 stars on all including sugar rush...achievements still reads 0/28 gold stars. i'm going through old threads on here and this issue keeps popping up repeatedly, but i still haven't seen an answer. i'll keep looking, but was this ever resolved? thanks!

posted in Witches' Legacy: The Dark Throne Collector's Edition on Sep 25, 15 10:54 AM
has anyone else noticed vesta's incredible resemblance to actress tina majorino? (most would know her from napoleon dynamite...)

every time vesta would pop up, i kept imagining her with a side ponytail.

maybe it's just me.

I too missed the 40th star - does anything extra-special happen upon gathering that last star? Or is it just the satisfaction of the achievement and finishing the star map? (Just wondering if it's worth the trouble of playing the game over again simply for that.) Thanks!

posted in Witches' Legacy: The Dark Throne Collector's Edition on Sep 11, 15 11:51 PM
I experienced a glitch with one of the mini-puzzles in the Garden at the Temple (Bonus Chapter). Upon clicking on the telescope and looking at the eyepiece, a puzzle loaded very briefly, then disappeared - I didn't skip it, it seemed to skip itself. I still received credit for finishing the puzzle as far as achievements were concerned, it was just a bit odd. Not sure if anyone else has encountered this.

I'm running Windows 7 SP 1, 64-bit.

Thanks!

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Sep 9, 15 11:39 AM
...and because I apparently write more than I realize, I'll make my last point here. I sincerely doubt any of our protests will make a difference - I'm sure there's a definitive amount of money that would be required to make it worth the company's time and efforts to provide an end to this game. Even if it's not as developed and beautiful as it would deserve, any sense of finality would be welcome.

To that end, does anyone know if something along the lines of a Kickstarter campaign could do the trick? A la "here's the amount of money needed to finish it to X degree, if we raise it, then we know we won't lose money on it"...there doesn't seem to be a much more viable way of getting anything to happen otherwise. The mods can only do so much to deliver our messages...whether they're read and therefore heard by the people who have the power to do anything is up to them. It's easy to ignore words...cash influx, different story.

I'll stop rambling now...I'll keep a tiny shred of hope alive. I know, it's a game, it's not the end of the world and my life isn't about to come crashing down. It's just a disappointment to see something so entertaining and lovely for so many get choked off and rudely abandoned. That this many people have added their voices to this appeal is testament on its own to how great this game is/was. Thanks everyone for posting so much...I hope someone's voice gets through!

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Sep 9, 15 11:30 AM
I'll chime in to add my name to the list. I, too, would be willing to pay for a finale to the game - for the developers to abandon it unfinished is insensitive to the game's players, to put it mildly. It feels like bad faith from a business point of view to create a product so engaging and enchanting and then simply drop it for whatever the actual reasons are. (I'm not naive enough to think that corporate decisions put much, if any, weight upon the feelings of the consumer, but it's sad to see yet another example of this culture's total disregard for the end user.)

This game is uniquely detailed, admirably so - I feel badly for the artists and creative team who obviously put a tremendous amount of work into this, only to have it taken away before they could do it justice. This is the only FTP game I have truly enjoyed and really devoted any time to, and while I started playing it after the decision was made to halt any further updates (something I did not realize that until I came here looking for help on a quest), I continued because I knew there was enough left to keep me going for a while. (Could also be a bit of masochism, knowing I would only become more attached and thus more irritated when it reached its inevitable end.)

I would like to commend the artists and programmers for giving us such a beautiful game - I've been playing for a few months now, and I still find small details I hadn't noticed before. That kind of attention and care is rare in the usual HOPA games, which I find riddled with typos and inconsistencies...you know, the ones we pay up front for. I've invested a little bit of money into buying crystals; while on one hand I think it's a bit underhanded for Big Fish to continue accepting money from subscribers for something that will not be finished, I can also see that it's the player's prerogative to choose to spend the money if it improves their experience. I just wish they were more transparent about it - state up front upon beginning this game that it is and will remain unfinished, that's only fair.

What it comes down to is that it's a tremendous disappointment that such a work of art that has provided relaxation and enjoyment to so many people has been abandoned so carelessly by the powers that be. I hope the creative team knows their work was more than appreciated, and that the business end has gotten wind of the anger at its cancellation.

posted in Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness on Jul 12, 13 11:12 PM
i'm having the same issue with the shovel parts. any time i pick up something in the inventory, the object is not aligned with my fingertip, it jumps immediately up to the game area. it's physically impossible as such to be able to drag that item back down into the inventory area to combine it with another. this must be some kind of bug with the interface (i'm using a samsung galaxy s4) - in this condition, the game is rendered unplayable.

does anyone know if this is indeed a bug? it seems as though the issue was present back in january, and perhaps it's a problem now with newer phones?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator