Posts created by WhipFish

posted in Nancy Drew: Treasure in the Royal Tower on Nov 26, 09 10:24 PM
Never mind I finally got out of the room, talked to Dexter, talked to Lisa, got the boots checked the locker and went back upstairs to the lobby and NO DEXTER! Put the boots outside of Hotchkiss' door, came down and no dexter! got the key looked at his to do list, and since I couldn't find him..........................................
went down and switched the circuit breakers. STILL NO DEXTER. Where is he? and how can I talk to him when he isn't there??

posted in Nancy Drew: Treasure in the Royal Tower on Nov 26, 09 9:01 PM
I've been playing big fish games for a couple of years, and have played several nancy drew ones. This one did not start out with any detective handbook I just began in the hotel room or castle or whatever it is...collected items. YOUR blog walkthrough says to read the letter to George but I can't figure out HOW to open it! I assume that is the letter that is in the Inventory??

I can't even get out of this ROOM! And if something didn't load right so that I didnt' start out in her room at home like the last two I played, how do I start over? I already tried a new game.

posted in Nancy Drew: Treasure in the Royal Tower on Oct 25, 09 8:29 PM
Am playing this on Junior Detective level, got the things in the room and went downstairs, the walkthrough says Dexter and Lisa are supposed to be there but NO ONE IS THERE and I just started! What is UP??

posted in PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™ on Oct 4, 09 3:59 PM
What IS Mortimer?

posted in PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™ on Oct 4, 09 3:57 PM
This wasn't as disturbing as some games but I DO think Big Fish should elaborate a little, like they do in movie ratings, like "violence" or blood and gore....condescension towards women ...heh heh.

I am taken aback by the bloody scene and wish I had been forwarned about that, thankfully it wasn't quite as bad as another one or two I've played in the past... but other than that, found it beautifully done. I just wonder also why to make it adult games they think it requires some gore. Must be for the gen xers.

posted in PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™ on Oct 4, 09 3:45 PM
emerld: the red rune is on the upper left corner of the window in the drapes if I remember correctly. I NEVER would have found it without using the walkthrough and I think that was the first one that sent me looking for a walkthrough

posted in Magic Encyclopedia on Jul 10, 09 8:48 PM
Can anyone help me get past the greek tiles? MY game doesn't allow me to skip ANY of the minigames for some reason and I can't get this one solved.

posted in Magic Encyclopedia: Moon Light on Jul 9, 09 2:52 PM
How the heck do you do the coin puzzle under 7 moves???

posted in Sinking Island on Apr 17, 09 10:09 AM
And that is condescending.

posted in Sinking Island on Apr 17, 09 10:06 AM
Therlin wrote:The game is clearly marked as containing explicit language. ]

Again explicit language and denigration of women aren't the same thing. And if anyone thinks that isn't denigrating to women then you must have either not been born, or had your head under a rock during the Women's Movement.

posted in Sinking Island on Apr 17, 09 10:04 AM
Good gosh it is also surprising at the amount of flaming just because people express an opinion. I did not tell Big Fish to take this off their site, I expressed my shock and concern. That is called an OPINION.

posted in Sinking Island on Apr 16, 09 8:24 PM
Thank you Doobie!

I DID in fact quite vocally object to Big Fish before I ever put a comment up online. And this afternoon they responded, by refunding the cost and a free game and also say they are working with developers to change it somewhat. Hopefully they are actually doing that...no offense big fish you've always been good to me.

But I also don't think other members should be kept in the dark about such an issue because heaven knows I am not the only person offended by such comments (and way less offended than other people I know).

If people read the objections of some and still choose to buy the game, that is their choice. I would have preferred to know it because I wouldn't have bought it. I don't want to support game writers such as that, with my money. The whole game could have happened without that comment or with "Billy" saying "I'm not attracted to that woman" if it plays a part in the game at some future point. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to be tactful. Well obviously it takes someone with a bit more intelligence I guess...

posted in Sinking Island on Apr 16, 09 8:08 PM
Mimi52861 wrote:WhipFish: If your post is in response to mine, (and I'm guessing that it possibly is from some of your comments), I'm not being "blasé", about anything.

For me personally, I am only going on what I'm reading here, as I STILL have not been able to completely download this game, so I have not actually installed nor played this game yet. Therefore, I haven't seen the references you are talking about. If I can't resolve my download issues with this, I will be contacting customer support to ask for a refund (or another game) myself.

You are obviously upset by this game's contents...I get that. And you may very well have every right to be so. However, it's no one's fault but your own that you "didn't see" the Explicit Language warning. It's plain as day & even in RED to stand out. You should have read the game info entirely before you bought & downloaded it. That's YOUR responsibility.

Now, if the content is truly as bad as you & player pat say, then you should immediately uninstall the game from your machine, write to BigFish customer support, tell THEM how you feel & ask for a refund. No one else posting here can do anything about your outrage but YOU.
Well...No I wasn't singling you or any other one person out. Nor was I asking for advice. I have already contacted Big Fish and removed it, but as a customer/community member/parent...was discussing MY concerns about content.
This is a place to discuss all sorts of things about the games, including content. As I said above which you ignored...."I don't think a warning of "explicit language" covers this type of issue". It isn't the "word" that I am most objecting to...(although I don't see how it has any place in a game)...but the context of it. There is no label for the type of context, ie. denigrating and objectifying of half the human race, that I saw.

I have every right to express my feelings about any game whatsoever and so does "pat" who also didn't see the warning. If I were praising this game you wouldn't be telling me to shut up and take it to the developers and big fish or that my comments had no place here. My comments are about the game and the general lack of concern of many game players (a comment in passing) just as I have concerns about my children's generation not caring about such things or seeming to even be aware of them...

your comments are about me, personally.

posted in Sinking Island on Apr 16, 09 7:34 PM
Well gee....Big Fish with all its childlike cartooney graphics for the site itself, gives me the impression it is a cutesy site for families and children. I am a fairly new game player of about a year, yet look to other sites to find more complex or "mature" games, not X rated. It is because it is on this site that I was so shocked.

I was unaware that there is an adult rated level of games in Big Fish and nor do I care to find them if they are being touted as that...and if there are such games they should be put in an Adult location that is made very clear that they are R rated or X rated. Like they do with books and magazines in stores, behind the counter wrapped in plastic with portions of them covered up so it is clear to everyone what they are.

Regardless of rating, and I am not defending anything of Big Fish's...this game differs from Ravenhearst (which has its disturbing elements) in that it is made to be more "realistic" in its own way and appears to be a mystery to solve. In any murder mystery you know there is a disturbed person at the end of it.

If someone is going to say this has explicit languaging or whatever...being a mystery and solving of a murder one can assume it might have some gore and language or whatever goes along with solving a murder mystery. And I've worked in non-traditional fields for women so coarse language is not new to me. Nor am I such a prude that I am offended by one word if in the right context.

The comment made that I am referring to is not only denigrating of women by objectifying the one referred to... as a sex object, (which is what women have fought against for many years....anyone remembering the sexual harrassment emergence in the 1970s? and the millions of parading feminists?)... but has NO POINT in the storyline! It just makes the writers come off as a group of sophomoric morons trying to smart mouth to another bunch of sophomoric guys at the expense of women for no reason! Its the same old thing of the good old boys' club members nudging each other to pass along a joke that puts women down and humiliates women which it is meant to do.

Big Fish tells me they are working with developers to change some of the content of the game and if that is true, then I doubt it is because of ONE person's objection. They also said that because you can't download a demo then children can't download it. As though that is enough of a deterrent because only people under the age of 18 shouldn't be exposed.

posted in Sinking Island on Apr 16, 09 9:39 AM
player pat says..

"As for this game itself, I'm glad I play the games, first, before I let my grandkids play them. The story line and plot I have to say -- are terrible. Big Fish better beware they don't get sued for such mind-disturbing contents. I did not find any warnings about "Adult Content." Quazi-incest rape, patricide and infantside are not what kids need to be involved in today, nevermind playing games that reflect such horrors! "

I expressed my outrage under Foul Language and both there and here in response to you I am frankly a bit disturbed that people are so blase' about it. Like I tiny ripple in a pond...no pun intended. They just watch it go by and say "well there is a warning"...and then go on about how their computers are hanging up on this game.

Explicit language warning (which I didn't see) in my mind wouldn't cover the TYPE of content in this game. It's presented as a mystery to solve. There is no need for or relation to plot line, for Billy to say what he said about "B'I'nai." Women have fought long and hard for respectful treatment and for this to be put in a GAME says through the action..."this is okay."

posted in Sinking Island on Apr 16, 09 9:13 AM
When he goes up the stairs and talks to Billy I think his name is, at the piano.... it is one thing to insert the word as an expletive like as in "F**K this or that...but to say "I wouldn't F**K that (woman or girl)...in regards to the deaf mute woman on the beach.... is highly offensive. There isn't a warning on the planet for that (such as "this may be highly offensive and denigrating to women"

nor should there BE a place for that in a game as games are touted as TEACHING CHILDREN!

posted in Sinking Island on Apr 15, 09 8:56 PM
Am I the only person outraged that the "F" word is used in a derrogatory remark about a woman in this game???? I frankly am so appalled that Big Fish would put any game out here with both foul language, and a lack of moral perspective when talking about a woman!!
YIKES!

posted in Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy on Mar 21, 09 4:46 PM
OH...forgot the squash.

posted in Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy on Mar 21, 09 4:44 PM
I DID the face cream already that was when I had to light the fire. The jam is in the lower kitchen off the stables area and I put all the ingredients in the pot, the fire is lit, it says simmer for a bit before putting into jars. What jars? It won't go into the glass receptacles that are in inventory for any use.

posted in Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy on Mar 20, 09 11:29 PM
Regarding water:

That is one of the things I didn't have trouble with! Everything worked and the rope got fixed and I had found the glass bottles (although I clicked on every jug before finding them), the bucket went down and voila! I goofed up when trying to make the cream (made two jars of dubious stuff which I had to throw out and even got one batch of something wrong on my face and was chastised by Nostradamus) and had to go back down for more water! But thankfully it worked the 2nd time.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator