Posts created by pfalcioni

posted in Defense of Roman Britain on Nov 16, 17 1:51 PM
I think they count going back and replaying each level at "Difficult" in that number, that's what it was with the last game in this series.

posted in Weather Lord: Graduation Collector's Edition on Feb 14, 17 2:53 PM
I don't think there's any way to do it, I've tried every possible configuration, clicked everything on the level, nothing brings it up to full stars.

posted in Weather Lord: Graduation Collector's Edition on Feb 9, 17 4:32 PM
Ah, I think you're right, I just went back and looked and there are two that I thought I had gold on, but they are just silver (use moon and rainbow). I'll try re-doing the levels with lots of fairies and ghosts.

Thanks!

posted in Weather Lord: Graduation Collector's Edition on Feb 9, 17 3:08 PM
I haven't been able to get this final award, has anyone else been able to do it?

I believe they are talking about getting all the gold stars on each level (the counter in the upper right of every level screen) that are given for building the flower beds and upgrading houses and stuff.

I have played through the game twice, but there are some levels that don't give all the stars even when I have absolutely everything completed and upgraded. I don't know if it's a glitch, or just that I haven't discovered the secret to get full stars on these levels.

Anyone have any suggestions?

posted in Weather Lord: Graduation Collector's Edition on Feb 9, 17 3:06 PM
CatskillHiker, I haven't been able to get that one either, but I believe they are talking about getting all the gold stars on each level (the counter is in the upper right of every level screen) that are given for building the flower beds and upgrading houses and stuff.

I have played through the game twice, but there are some levels that don't give all the stars even when I have absolutely everything completed and upgraded. I don't know if it's a glitch, or just that I haven't discovered the secret to get full stars on these levels.

posted in Epistory: Typing Chronicles on Nov 11, 16 3:19 PM
If your walking on ice, the character will slide until it's stopped by something.

posted in Epistory: Typing Chronicles on Oct 4, 16 11:00 AM
I can't remember that one exactly, but I think it actually has a rock next to the puzzle that gives you the series if it's the one with symbols rather than numbers.

There's also another one that appears to only be 5 or 6 numbers, but there's a 7th hidden off out of screen a little ways - explore a little further and you'll find it.

posted in Epistory: Typing Chronicles on Oct 4, 16 10:58 AM
The game acclimates to your skill level. It won't push you faster than you can type. If you'd like less of a challenge/frustration, type more slowly than you normally do at the beginning so the difficulty doesn't ramp up.

Yes you do have to type words to keep the bad guys away, but if you "die" your character simply re-writes that bit and you're back alive in exactly the same spot. There's also an infinite amount of lives so you are never reset back to the beginning of a section.

I have encountered one thing that does require some mouse speed - you need to step on a series of switches within a certain period of time or it resets and you start over. I had to re-do it about 6 times before I got it right, but it is do-able and I like a challenge like that every so often. It's not frequent, I've been playing more than 3 hours in the game and only encountered this challenge twice.

posted in Epistory: Typing Chronicles on Oct 3, 16 7:16 PM
Daxadillion wrote:@Pfalcioni

I didn't know that the words were printed on the screen, I thought the game might be more like a spelling test and I wouldn't progress if spelt things wrongly!

Thank you for answering.

I'm really glad it's not a spelling test, I would fail badly given that many of the words are really unusual minerals and sometimes words that you rarely see or hear.

Hope you give it a try, it's unusual and fun.

posted in Epistory: Typing Chronicles on Oct 3, 16 7:12 PM
I noticed a few of the formal reviews mentioned that you could only use keyboard controls, which is not true - the mouse works fine to control the avatar.

Secondarily, some people mentioned that the graphics looked chunky or old, but once you realize that everything in this world is made of paper, then the graphics make more sense.

posted in Epistory: Typing Chronicles on Oct 3, 16 1:37 PM
I know for some people the lack of instructions at the beginning of the game can be totally frustrating. It's easier to think of instructions with adventure games like this as on a "need to know" basis - the game will reveal new information when you need it and when you are leveled up enough to make it work.

Regarding UK or US English, it is US English, but since you will be typing words that are posted on the screen you'll just need to type exactly what you see. So far I haven't seen any words that would be different between US/UK spelling.

posted in Epistory: Typing Chronicles on Oct 3, 16 1:27 PM
TRY THIS GAME. Seriously, I know it sounds like some goofy "teach your kids to type the fun way" game, but it's so much more than that.

Every so often a game comes along that completely breaks the mold and reminds us why we started playing computer games in the first place.
Usually descriptions and screenshots of games like this don't really appeal, or make the game sound goofy or just weird, but then you play and suddenly an hour is gone like magic because you've been totally immersed in this amazing new world.

These rare game gems find a way to challenge without frustrating, keep you thinking without making your brain hurt, and just make you happy.
Oh my gosh, I LOVE it when developers take a chance and create something like this!

Sure, this game probably won't be for everyone, but that's okay, because it will fit a niche for many that is lacking in the cookie-cutter hidden-object games we see cranked out every day. Honestly, don't read the description or the reviews, just download Epistory and give it a chance. You might be bored or frustrated, or you might find something wonderful, joy-filled, and completely fun.

posted in Rome Defenders: The First Wave on Aug 15, 16 6:29 PM
Yaelle wrote:
The post before here where somebody mentioned the reviews - that is greatly upseting me & has absolutely had an impact on my use of BFG. I am now to the point where I get upset about seeing that one user write 5 star reviews for every pathetic HOG that comes out every 2 days where she literally gives every one of them a 5 star rating & a glowing review, yet the things we write / rate take a week to show up if they even do.

I thought I might be imagining things, but I guess others have noticed it too. It's so frustrating because BFG is a company I really trusted and this seems so tacky and sleazy.

posted in Rome Defenders: The First Wave on Aug 9, 16 2:41 PM
I agree with you Csustar. I used to look at BFGames as a great example of a company that does things right. They were quick to respond to issues, had great customer service, and treated customers fairly.

I understand it's getting harder and harder to make money with casual computer games, but it's sad to see our once-great BFG seem to go downhill.

The issues I've had in the past few months include:

1. Three of the last 10 games I've purchased had issues that wouldn't allow me to complete them. Instead of working to fix the problem, BFG sends me a coupon for another game. Sure, it's nice that they're willing to basically give us a refund, but I bought those games because I liked them and it's frustrating to never be able to complete them.

2. Delayed posting of reviews on game pages for games that have a great majority of horrible reviews here in the forums. Take this game as an example. It took about 3 days before any reviews showed up on the game page, and strangely the two negative reviews are balanced by two boilerplate 4/5-star reviews and one 5-star that looks legitimate. I've seen this often and although there's no way to prove BFG is skewing the results on purpose, it sure looks that way.

3. No real response to legitimate complaints about technical issues that multiple users complain about here on the forums. It used to be that we'd get plenty of response from the BFG support team, and game fixes and updates happened pretty frequently, but those days are gone.

I don't have any solutions, but I just find it sad and frustrating.

posted in Rome Defenders: The First Wave on Aug 3, 16 5:03 PM
What a stinking pile of... Yeah, you get the idea.

Honestly, it could have been a neat little game. The foundation is there, okay storyline, decent graphics, challenging gameplay. Then in the second level you realize no one could have actually even tested this thing because the tutorial pop-up never goes away and it just gets worse from there.

Actions can'be be completed because the pop-up menu is off the edge of the board.

The only way to see where you can place things is by actually purchasing them first.

Hovering over a gun will only give you information on its properties if you have enough money to purchase it.

There's no way to see or read about what an upgrade does, and no way to see a gun's radius once it's been placed.

This reminds me of a really crummy free game app for my Kindle. It's that bad.

posted in Rome Defenders: The First Wave on Aug 3, 16 4:57 PM
Playing on Win10 setup.

Same issue as everyone, level 2 tutorial pop-up never goes away.

Level 3 and beyond when you click on the guns you've placed on the right edges of the play area the pop-up action box that allows you to purchase upgrades is cut off at the edge of the screen so you can't upgrade those units.

It's like this was created as a phone app and no one actually did any work to make it playable on a computer. Really shoddy.

posted in Moai IV: Terra Incognita Collector's Edition on Jul 30, 16 4:10 PM
I think I'm going to have to contact customer service, I've replayed under 2 different user names and still come up missing one orichalcum every time.

I was careful to check all the traders, and none of them trade orichalcum for anything, so I didn't lose any that way.

Darned frustrating!

posted in Moai IV: Terra Incognita Collector's Edition on Jul 30, 16 4:08 PM
I was surprised that after getting gold on all the levels using "Casual" that they didn't offer a "Hard" option like I've seen with other TM games.

posted in Moai IV: Terra Incognita Collector's Edition on Jul 30, 16 4:07 PM
The healing potion works after you've built the altar, once the altar is built then the potion works without taking mana.

posted in Moai IV: Terra Incognita Collector's Edition on Jul 26, 16 9:09 AM
Rats, I just replayed 24, made sure to get every chest before I built so nothing was obscured, still missing one piece.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator