Posts created by LinLyn

I too am stuck on the dirigible and I too am a long time Big Fish member who is becoming increasingly disenchanted. How do I go about getting a refund for this. I'm very disappointed because I loved the first in this series and was looking forward to playing this game. But since so many others have this same problem and yet there has been no fix for it I must assume I will never be able to play it through to the end. Please refund.

After the Elder gives me the map for the area beyond the gate I attempt to put it together. All goes well until I come to the final two pieces. It will NOT let me place those pieces in the map. I have restarted twice but have the same result both times. Does anyone know what is wrong?

posted in Rite of Passage: Hide and Seek on Aug 4, 14 5:17 PM
I have been unable to find a fix Lynn so I wrote and asked for a refund. Hope they will comply. This is really too bad since it would be an enjoyable game if they had fixed the glitches.

posted in Rite of Passage: Hide and Seek on Aug 2, 14 5:27 PM
When I go down into the area under the balloon platform the game freezes and the cursor is out of my control. I have deleted and reinstalled the game, changed the player name, etc. and nothing works. I have so enjoyed the game up to now and am frustrated that I am unable to play further. Please help.

posted in European Mystery: The Face of Envy Collector's Edition on Feb 18, 14 7:37 AM
The game was going great. Then I got to the place where you have to get a pipe by completing the search area under the couch in the Jeweler's room. That all went well until I tried to place the piece of rose jewelry with the other piece of rose jewelry on the board. Hope you will know what I mean because I can't explain it better. I can NOT get the piece to go where the hint (and common sense) shows it should go. Has anyone else had this problem or any suggestion on how to solve this problem? There are no skips for this and I can't complete the game until it is solved.

Oh nuts. I was playing along....everything was fine....was enjoying the game. Got to the lighthouse and boom...one error message...freezing cursor...error message... crashing computer after the other. Now everytime I try to play I get error messages. I suppose I could try to uninstall and reinstall but after reading some of the messages on here I don't know if it would be worth the time and aggravation. How do I ask for a game credit for this?

posted in Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can on Oct 12, 12 7:39 PM
YEA!!! Big Fish came through again. I followed their wonderful directions and FINALLY I can play this game. THANK YOU BIG FISH!!!

posted in Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can on Oct 11, 12 11:04 PM
Okay, I've done everything suggested by helpers here and the techs and I've done them 3 times now. Same old debug message. Liked this game but I give up.

posted in Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can on Oct 11, 12 8:44 AM
I'm so disappointed. Just as others have said, I removed the game, re-installed, and got the same debug message as before. And, as others have also said, it is impossible to play under a new identity since the debug message prevents you from even getting to the point where you enter an identity. Don't know what to do next.

posted in Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can on Oct 7, 12 12:05 PM
In this particular case I don't think sending Dr. Felix will do much good because it clearly isn't a problem with our computers. It appears to happen to everyone who attempts to return to the game after having exited it. So the problem MUST be with the game and it is the game that will have to be "de-bugged." I truly hope they will fix it quickly and then allow us to download the fixed game so we can play it since it is a really fun game. But if they don't fix it I'm certain BF will give us a rebate.

posted in Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can on Oct 6, 12 6:26 PM
Are there plans to fix this game so that we can play it? If so, will we be notified so we can download the fixed version. I really like this game and would like to be able to play it.

posted in Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can on Oct 6, 12 2:49 PM
I bought the game, was having a ball playing it, logged off for a few minutes, tried to sign back in and instead got the same "debug" message. Now I can't get back on no matter what I do. Darn it, this really was a fun game

posted in Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga on Sep 22, 12 3:02 PM
bfgSeine wrote:Hi LinLyn,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. That error can be caused by a few different things, but our help article here has some troubleshooting steps you can try if you'd like:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=202">Another Game Currently Running (Error 809)</a>

If the recommendations there aren't working, please let our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support Team</a> know what's happening and they'll be happy to help.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

I just re-installed this game for the 3rd time. This time, when I pushed play, it ;took me to the "Recent Activity" screen and would not let me proceed from there. I followed every tip in your link to no avail. I can't imagine what the problem is but it clearly makes it impossible for my computer and this game to work together.

posted in Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga on Sep 22, 12 11:43 AM
This looks like a game I would enjoy. Too bad I'll never know. Downloaded the trial, download went just as usual. Clicked on to play and received a message that "Woops, another game is running so too bad" Problem is that no other game was running. I checked. No game running. Tried to click play again. Same message. Restarted my computer, tried again, same message. Deleted game and re-installed it. Same message. I think it referenced "error 180" or something like that. I've never had this problem with a BF game before so I must assume it is something with this particular game.

I am having the same problem. It will allow me to connect some wires but will not allow me to connect others to them. I hate to skip such an easy task but it appears that it will be impossible to finish it because of this glitch. Bummer.

posted in Small Town Terrors: Livingston on May 5, 12 10:03 PM
Loved the game but HATED the ending.

posted in Film Fatale: Lights, Camera, Madness! on Feb 21, 12 2:18 PM
autumn_leaf wrote:I would advise anyone who had insatiable curisoity or an itchy trigger finger to not map hop when you are about to save mom. When I got to the final sequence, I clicked open the map.......

And now i can't finish the game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. And NO I am not going to replay the game......I like the game, I REALLY REALLY did, but I cannot replay games...it is just something in my psyche.

So please be forewarned.....this game has a glitch which will allow you to transport.....and then never be able to finish the game.......

*eerie music and manaiacal laughter fill the thread*

I wish I had read this before I made the same mistake. Now I am stuck with no way out and can not finish the game. Is BF going to fix this? It is really annoying to have invested the time to play the game only to be unable to complete it.

posted in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition on Feb 16, 12 3:35 PM
It has been a long time since I have enjoyed a game as much as I do this one. Just having it begin without a car crash was enough to lift my spirits. <smile>

The art work is lovely. The HOGS are thankfully few. You have to actually use your mind a little bit to work through the storyline. Do wish the guide had been a bit more explicit in a couple of places though because, thankful as I am to need to use my mind, it appears that my mind is a bit rusty.

All in all it was, for me, a long and very enjoyable experience. Thank you BF and developers.

Game downloaded but when it got to the activated phase it just got stuck there. It said "Activating" for about 20 minutes and then switched to say "Trial Expired."

Has anyone else had the problem or is there anyway I can actually get it to work so I can try it. I loved the first Dana Knightstone game and had fully intended to buy this one but if I can't even get the trial to activate then I doubt I will be able to play it.

Game downloaded but when it got to the activated phase it just got stuck there. It said "Activating" for about 20 minutes and then switched to say "Trial Expired."

Has anyone else had the problem or is there anyway I can actually get it to work so I can try it. I loved the first Dana Knightstone game and had fully intended to buy this one but if I can't even get the trial to activate then I doubt I will be able to play it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator