Posts created by RainbowElf

posted in Ominous Objects: Lumina Camera Collector's Edition on Sep 20, 16 10:21 AM
I found the trial really interesting but the rest of the game seemed to go down hill from there really.

I found the game dull, and very simplistic. The puzzles are nothing different and it is quite a short game. The bonus chapter was very short and not worth the CE cost.

A dud for me.

posted in Cathy's Crafts Collector's Edition on Aug 23, 16 3:55 AM
I too bought this from the developers site and found it really unplayable. Levels are impossible even after consulting a walkthrough, one of the levels I can't get past no matter what I try meaning that I can not finish the game.

A real shame as I was looking forward to something a little different from the usual Emily games, but was left feeling very frustrated and disappointed.

I found this game really boring and will not even be considering the SE.

The gameplay was far too easy, and the game just seemed really simple. There was nothing special about this game and I think that I will probably forget about this one very quickly.

Does not seem very long either, blink and you will miss the trial as it was so short.

Disappointing.

I found this game rather dull, I switched off mentally a few times, because it was the same "cookie cutter" game we have seen so many times before.
Pick up this take it to another room use it, then another room to find another object then back to the first room again to use that etc. When a game has a lot of travelling it always feels like a way to pad out the game.

Screwdrivers, oil, zips, crowbars etc I found it not very worthy of a CE and it seems very short going on the SG.

Maybe another series that needs to call it a day.

posted in Rebuild the European Union on Jul 14, 16 7:13 AM
I noticed it too and had a little giggle!

posted in Moai IV: Terra Incognita Collector's Edition on Jul 4, 16 1:10 PM
Soymocha that is the one down side for me, trying to click on things repeatedly. Usually if I manage it I have to go and give my hands and wrists a break.

posted in Moai IV: Terra Incognita Collector's Edition on Jul 2, 16 10:04 AM
It worked just fine for me. I have the others in the series, and enjoy these kind of games.

It stick to the usual formula associated with this game, with a couple of little twists, and of course the new characters.

Bright and colourful, gorgeous scenes, and easy to understand instructions.

I mainly wanted to post this just so that other people can know it does work for some at least.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Iron Mask Collector's Edition on Jul 1, 16 4:36 AM
TooKat I have done that too, especially when my wrist is tired and in a splint, having the mouse lightly gripped between index finger and thumb, is easier for certain things.
I too say a thank you to the dev's that do not need the button pressed, or even ones that have little pit-stop on the wiggly line, so you can give your hand a rest.

I know I always get told to just skip puzzles, but when you are going for achievements, it is a second kick in the teeth. Plus having to skip a puzzle due to lack of ability rather than lack of skill is really annoying.

judithg315 I can't say I had noticed that about that developer but I will be keeping an eye on that.

Nohrah I too have had to have my nose to the screen a few times in other games, mainly for HOP scenes that use images instead of words.

I will be very happy if BigFish does let the devs know, and they do something about it.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Iron Mask Collector's Edition on Jun 30, 16 10:05 AM
Yet again a game that involves holding down the mouse button while traversing a wiggly line, any touching of the sides means you have to go back to the beginning.

Why won't devs listen, there are those of us which disabilities that find these puzzles impossible to do, just taking away the mouse button having to be pressed down would be a start.

posted in Cadenza: The Kiss of Death on Jun 26, 16 7:03 AM
I had this issue too, but I remembered having this issue with another game, and someone had the answer, so I tried that and it helped

Display settings, 125% for text apps and other items.

[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Chimeras: Cursed and Forgotten Collector's Edition on May 27, 16 3:01 PM
I found it really irritating, and after a while the voices were just grating on me.

At one point I said out loud, "how many more stereotypes they going to fit in", maybe a deep fried Mars bar or two, or a nibble of shortbread.

Nothing special at all, not memorable either.

Will be passing on this one.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 14: Fourth Color on May 18, 16 7:57 AM
I do mute the sound on my laptop. However I like the sound effects.

I just wonder why they have a slider on the music if it is useless.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 14: Fourth Color on May 2, 16 2:19 PM
I am getting fed of developers doing what they have done in this game.

I can't play with the music on, so I always slide it right down. However this one keeps playing even when the slider is down.

I love playing these games and need the sound effects, but please let us stop the music.

The game is not as good when the sound is muted, I only play a level or two before leaving and doing something else.

Tomato underneath the stack of flowerpots?!

posted in Punished Talents: Stolen Awards on Apr 10, 16 2:40 PM
The game has around four or five puzzles that involve keeping the mouse button pressed while dragging various things/or making lines.

Gnewburn I did skip the mini-game, but I am reminded every day how useless I am, so going and playing a game is a break from that, so I do not need reminding there as well.

Hopefully the developers see this and realise that people do not like the puzzle and they are cutting off a lot of potential players.

Hippyfishie is right, we should support each other and mention in the forum if there are issues with a game.

I was starting to like this game until I got to the pumpkin mini-game.
I am disabled, with grip issues, and random spasms and jerks as a side effect from my medication.
This puzzle infuriated me, it was so precise it was ridiculous.
I will not be buying this one.

posted in Spirit of Revenge: Gem Fury on Jan 13, 16 2:41 PM
In the classroom, I need to use the tuner on the piano, but my inventory is replaced with instructions for a book puzzle, even though I have completed that.

I also tried clicking skip once loaded, but that just made the cursor see through and unable to click on anything.

So now I can't move forward with the game. Grr.

It is an offence term for a l e s b i a n, so I can understand it been censored.

As a g a y girl myself, that term can hurt.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator