Posts created by lilyr

posted in Darkness and Flame: The Dark Side on Apr 29, 18 6:49 PM
Nynaeve70 wrote:While I didn't post much over the years, like others I came here for help when needed with a game and/or to see if it was just me having an issue. Like many others, I feel this is the beginning of the end of Big Fish. Good luck all!

We felt that getting rid of CCC was the beginning of the end. Fins crossed that BFG will continue on. It will be different for sure.

posted in Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition on Apr 29, 18 3:39 PM
I lived through CCC being taken down, thanks to Timebomb.

I really appreciated your reviews pennmom36. And the listing for series.

Paul did more than just the MCF thread. He'd pop into CCC and post to respond to a comment he'd read -- and not just about games or BFG. Does anyone remember when we asked for a pony?

I've enjoyed so many people that I met here. People that I'll probably never "see" again.

Thank you everyone. Be well and take care.

posted in Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition on Apr 29, 18 3:08 PM
Thanks bfgBeruna. It's good to know that Tech Support will be available.

posted in Darkness and Flame: The Dark Side on Apr 29, 18 3:04 PM
In all my years at BFG (and there were many) I only came across ONE employee who was not helpful! Probably half the time I bought games here I had dial-up Internet, so the Forums and reviews were really important to me.

I'll still buy games here, but I will miss popping in the Forums to ask for help or offer help.

I want to thank CS and the Moderators. You both have difficult jobs and I've appreciated how well you do them. Now I'll be feeling sorry for CS. They are probably going to get buried without the Forums.

I've met some wonderful people here too. That's another thing I'll miss.

posted in Darkness and Flame: The Dark Side on Apr 29, 18 8:08 AM
It was very important to me to find out if there were technical problems with games, and if so, did they get fixed? How will that happen now? Why would I want to buy games from BFG when I can't find out anything about them except for the brief video, screen shots and (at present but who knows how much longer) the reviews?

I've heard from other people who frequent other game sites that those sites are beefing up their Forums! They feel that interaction with customers leads to better sales.

I certainly hope that BFG gives us a LOT of time if they ever decide not to give us access to the games we've paid hard earned money for.

It's sad to see BFG become a mere shadow of its former self.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 6 on Apr 20, 18 2:29 PM
I had a bit of a problem with that too. Click on the matchbook, a match should light, then drag the whole matchbook over to the candle. That did it for me.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Apr 19, 18 12:12 PM
Thanks SynthpopAddict. I belong to Pond Friends. I was thinking more along the lines of a person getting stuck in one spot and needing help. I play to relax, so I won't buy a HOPA unless the puzzles have a skip button. I also don't like games with large amounts and back and forth. The last 2 could be addressed in reviews IF we still get them.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Apr 19, 18 8:13 AM
Having the old Forums for reference is fine, but what about problems with new games? How will we get help for those?

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 18 1:29 PM
I purchase 99.9% of my games from BFG -- and I have a LOT of them. I often use the Forums to get help with a problem I'm having with a game, find out if there's a glitch, help others with problems they are having.

PLEASE KEEP THE FORUMS OPEN!

posted in Road Trip USA on Apr 2, 18 3:35 PM
Thank you! Then it's a buy for me.

posted in Road Trip USA on Apr 2, 18 12:20 PM
Hi. Is there a skip button for the puzzles -- especially the sliders?

Also, someone else mentioned a timer. Is this timed? If so is it generous?

posted in Dream Walker on Mar 6, 18 1:21 PM
I tried a new profile and left the difficulty at "standard". That just doesn't give me enough time to finish the scene. Too bad. I was liking this game.

posted in Dream Walker on Mar 3, 18 4:03 PM
I just started this game. Everything was going well -- 3 gold stars on all areas -- and lots of hints earned but not used. I'm on level 1. The first 4 spots played fine. Spot 5 is still locked but spot 6 is unlocked. Am I going to have to start over to get spot 5 to unlock?

ETA: I had enough stars to open Level 5, even though the 9th scene in Level 4 wouldn't open. I tried playing as Administrator and the doors to level 5 opened, but everything in Level 5 was still locked. I guess I'll try a new profile.

I was all set to get this as a SE, until I read the part about having to use a special glass for the supernatural parts.

Why can't we have a nice, plain mystery to solve?

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 28, 17 7:18 AM
TiramaSue,

You've been playing since the beginning and have been a good friend and a good source of information and support. If you've achieved all your personal goals, why not move on to something else?

I will miss you.

Be well my friend.

lilyr

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 25, 17 12:57 PM
Hi,

But you do know when Jillian asks for stuff in the Daily Quests that if you just play a one hammer game (for example) that will satisfy her and you'll get credit for however many she really wanted.

posted in Svetlograd on May 23, 17 7:30 PM
I've been playing SVETLOGRAD, and enjoying it, for quite a while. I got the Spoon of Terror once. I think it was fairly early in the game (wish they had numbered the levels).
Does anyone know what to do to get it?

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 3, 17 10:23 PM
Best wishes for a successful operation and an uneventful recovery. Hope you'll be able to get back for the Spring event.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 21, 16 12:15 PM
What the other two posters have said.

I pray for the safety of our military every day. And for their families who have to "soldier on" when they are posted overseas.

I am extremely grateful for what our men and women in the military have done and continue to do for us. We owe our freedoms to them.

A woman I worked with had a son posted to Iraq during the worst of the fighting there. I asked her how she coped. She replied that he was extremely well-trained and trusted the members of his unit. She trusted that the Lord would bring him back safely. Her son did come home safely.

posted in Clutter VI: Leigh's Story on Nov 9, 16 8:10 PM
Thanks Joe. Obviously I haven't clicked on the TV screen. I'll try that.

ETA: What TV screen? My first screen is Leigh (Sky) playing a video game. There's another screen of that in it. There are two video games, one on either side of the screen. I do see on the upper right of that screen that it says 25 of 100
25 of 600

Maybe I have to play through the first 100 before I get the TV screen?

Found the TV screen by dumb luck -- clicked on the numbers.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator