Posts created by MaryJaneZigZag

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 24, 09 1:30 PM
Hi HPfreak1--

Move your cursor around on the floor area in front of the gate -- it'll turn into that little 'turning gears' icon and when you click, Mina will say something. That's the spot!
Hope this helps a bit!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 23, 09 9:03 PM
Hi bamabb1--

Try looking around before ducking under the fallen trees & heading down to the first beach (where you found the wheat mixed with sand, gascan...all that stuff) There's palmleaf that Jep can pick up & strip.
Hope this helps a bit!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 23, 09 9:00 PM
Hey JoAnne!

I actually haven't played Siberia 1 or 2 ...yet.
I was eyeballing one of them-can't recall which-then got distracted by the Dracula Path of the Dragon game, which was v. good & took for-freakin-ever to finish because I am a such a plodding mook sometimes & have to repeat conversations with EVERY character over and over and over...when it was finally done, I was WIPED! ha ha!
And we do this for entertainment!?!?
What is wrong with us!?!?!

posted in Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships on Jul 23, 09 5:48 PM

...and if you collected all the message bottles to assemble the little poem, you'll discover an Easter Egg if you're brave!!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 23, 09 5:44 PM
Not dumb - we've all had our butts kicked by simple things when looking for complicated answers!
Carry on!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 23, 09 5:43 PM
Diane10asea--

Panel's open right? You pushed the green button? So you should see two slider switches @ the bottom that you can move up & down.
More work ahead!
Hope this helped a bit!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 23, 09 5:40 PM
cleavergir--

Do you have someone who can translate your question to english? Lots of people here can help!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 23, 09 5:35 PM
oscar97603--

It's a fussy little puzzle! you have to raise Jep's arm to just above his head, and watch for the green target circle. Too big & it's not a hard enough hit to crack the shell. Too small & you crush everything into inedible mush!
One click-raise arm
Watch green circle--don't let it get too small!
Click to strike.

Hope this helps a bit!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 23, 09 5:31 PM
Ccarmpel--

Did you move the rock? There's stuff in the chopper you need to go get to do that -- the rock is the 'blockage' that has to be moved before you can crank up the geothermal motor.
As for how to get back into the sub from the airlock -- note the patterns on the combo lock panel in front of you: Look familiar? It's the pattern from around the frame of the picture of Capt. Nemo & his family. Get Jep to turn it over for you so you can examine it & duplicate the sequence.
Hope this helped a bit!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 23, 09 5:26 PM
kelvy0303 wrote:I got robbed at sawmill. tried to put things back to holding area, and wasn't allowed to. just had to keep going back to where i had saved it and keep trying to hit monkey's paw. also put things into different places in inventory. am i going to get robbed later in game?

Hi there--

If you just click on stuff in your inventory & then right-click that should automatically drop the item into the holding area...maybe you have an item 'in-hand' as it were and it will not combine with another item you select. You have to click & pick-up THEN click to drop in the holding area. It worked for me & I had everything in there-taking no chances!
and yes - you will get robbed again later!
Hope this helped a bit!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 23, 09 5:23 PM
aquajeannie2--

If you got robbed @ the sawmill - Slugger's got your stuff: He's up on the cliffside with his lady-friend Amber. You have to shoo him off before you can go look for stuff in a hole nearby in the cliff-face.
If Leonardo the artist-monkey with the paintings on the cliff wall facing te inlet has your stuff you have to distract him and make a tricky jump to his nest.

posted in Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships on Jul 22, 09 7:41 PM
gramsjayne --

I just kinda ran into the leading edge - the side pointed toward Dread Island - & boom! I was landed. You don't have to sail around to anyplace special (In fact there's a cutaway where Nancy says she sees somethign happening by the resort fro across the channel.)
Hope this helps!

posted in Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships on Jul 22, 09 7:39 PM
Hi MintyCuppcake (great handle BTW!)

This was definitely a spot where a walkthrough became a necessity for me! You've probably seen others refer to Gameboomers-dot-com? Go to walkthrus (listed by alpha).
The walkthu gives you the order and place to watch - and you really really have to watch- where the sand reaches before you tip the next hourglass. I died about 60 times (!!!) before I got it right - it's totally a reflexes/timing/hand-eye co-ord thing.
And annoying as crap!!
Keep at it!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 22, 09 7:29 PM
twozamum wrote:I can't even make a fishing pole. Every time I try it says Mina is the only one who an assemble anything. How did you get your pole assembled?????

You don't need a fishing pole to cross - just the bamboo stick. But if you want to fish, just have Jep go back to Mina have him jump on her shoulder again and you're back together and Mina can assemble the fishing pole. Of course, there's something you need from across the swamp first...

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 22, 09 7:26 PM
Hi MaryEl, pennwa, & twozamum--

Posted this to another thread -- hope it helps !

MaryJaneZigZag wrote:Hi kega & iluv2tip:

lynniepoo has it right: use the bamboo stick (in close to Jep-the 'gears' icon should appear) to test for depth & do it methodically. The stick will sort of 'jump' when its a shallow depth, so THEN you can move Jep in that direction...and start all over again!
You need to do this 3 times to cross.
Hope this helps!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 22, 09 7:22 PM
carmpel--

You have to go a little further than the motor room -- you have to access the water intake pipe by the geothermal motor panel. You can only go thru if the water's not running through it, so make sure everything's in the 'off' or low position before you try to open the door (or it just won't open.)
Hope this helps!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 22, 09 3:47 PM
Sanity is important JoAnne - I fully support you!

Take a break & maybe come back with fresh eyes (no! Don't take someone else's!! ha ha ha!!)

Go kick snot out of Syberia II & charge up your batteries!

Game On, Sister! Good talking with you!

Sara

posted in Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships on Jul 22, 09 3:40 PM
I know how you guys are feeling-I had the same problem with Coucou's perch! The thing about this sometimes aggravating game is that little things trigger future options...like for the perch, you have to decode the remaining phrases in El Toro's journal and then click on the page so that Nancy will say "Hey this contraption looks like Coucou's perch" blah blah blah...so THEN you can have the whole "Please can I take your perch convo" with the friggin bird! The sucky part is, it's something small that's holding things up.
Keep at it!

posted in Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships on Jul 21, 09 7:03 PM
Hi Villagomez-- I posted this in another discussion thread

MaryJaneZigZag wrote:Hi cgivens--

Probably the easiest way to decode the journal - if you want to try it yourself -- is look for groups of letters that repeat & the best one to look for is 3 letters together repeating as a word because 99-times out of 100 - that's the word "the". Then you can go from there!
Good Luck!

Hope it helps!

posted in Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships on Jul 21, 09 4:29 PM
STL531--

Right on! And you need to play the other game-colours/shapes territory thing-to get one of the dials you need for later on.
What was the descriptor of the robber monkey? Was it a notched ear? Extra toe?
This game is sneaky!
Keep at it

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator