Posts created by SnowNSew

posted in Moai: Build Your Dream on Jul 5, 14 1:34 PM
The secret on this level is each time you buy a bowl, you get 100 sandalwood . . . It kept just miraculously appearing for me until I figured this out. Once you can get that more quickly, it suddenly all makes sense.

posted in Royal Envoy 3 Collector's Edition on Jun 20, 14 6:33 AM
Yea - I did that! That is what is confusing me. It looks as though I have done them all except the bandits.

For the other one that you are missing, you just need to build things and demolish and build the next. "The same platform" confused me - it is just the same building site.

posted in Royal Envoy 3 Collector's Edition on Jun 19, 14 7:11 AM
Has anyone managed to get 100% of the achievements? The only one I can see that I am missing is the catch all the robbers one (Is there an easy way to do this? I've tried and tried - when 3 leave at the same time, I can't catch them all) - yet it shows only 64% of the achievements. I have 3 stars on all the ones that have stars . . . No idea what I am missing.

posted in New Yankee in Santa's Service on Mar 20, 14 11:23 AM
I can't figure out how to get this one. It says allow 25 witches to be killed by the candy cane on level 17. Does this mean by Joe? I used no towers and let him clobber every witch that showed up. I built towers and let them do all the killing . . . I am at a loss to determine exactly what this achievement means.

I am having the same problem. What did you do?

posted in 4 Elements II on Sep 30, 11 8:21 AM
Count me among the lovers of the first 4 Elements - it has long been one of my favorite games and I have played it through many times. As an interesting note, I do not typically like match 3 games.

To me, classifying this as a match 3 is a bit like calling Star Wars a fantasy movie - yes it can fit in that genre, but it is more than that. To me, 4 Elements is more of a puzzle game. In a match 3 game, it is more random. In 4 elements, there are specific things you need to do to get through a level - it isn't JUST matching but WHAT and WHERE you match. For instance, in the 4th level, you get a spade. To USE the spade, you must match a certain number of green stones. Since you must use the spade to progress, you must match green stones - and it really doesn't matter where.

In tune with the puzzle element is the addition of the pipe game - where you must twist pipes to get the element flowing through them. Others have mentioned "cartoony" graphics - I did not have the feeling at all. The picture is very crisp and clear - It felt "expensive."

I really, really like the first 4 elements, and I really, really like this one. I would actually purchase the CE of this game and wonder if it will be available here at some point in the future? For those of you who have the CE, is it worth waiting for?

As an interesting note, Playrix makes this game . . . they also make another of my very favorites: Royal Envoy. I haven't purchased any of there other games, though I think I have demoed them all, simply because I, um, wasn't in the mood. I have never seen a Playrix game that I did not feel was satisfying both in the gaming aspect and the visual aspect.

In summary: Cute story, good graphics, nice continuation of the original theme, more puzzle, less match 3. I'm in love!

posted in DinerTown Tycoon on Jun 6, 11 10:28 PM
Was very late in trying this game today but I am glad I did. Wanted to make a really quick post to say I love it! As someone mentioned before me, it reminds me very much of Fairy Godmother Tycoon. I know that is a favorite of many, and this game has the same kinds of strategies and lightheartedness. It is definitely NOT so much a Time management game as a strategy game. And the strategy isn't really all that difficult to pick up. The tutorial is really good - one of the best I have seen. It tells you everything you need to do yet it is not intrusive.

A steal for $2.99! And Bless those diner dash folks for keep dishing up new ideas with the same characters! The games give us some continuity, yet are totally different to play. It is like returning to old friends without having to retread the same old stories.

posted in Dream Inn: Driftwood on May 29, 11 8:01 AM
I betad this game and I found the reviews dead on. While I enjoy HOGS of all types, every once in a while it is really nice to have a simple, brainless HOG where you just sit and find things. I have many HOGs that are still sitting on my computer not finished because, while I really LIKE them, I can't remember where I was . I am usually watching tv while I play games, and they can divide up my time too much. (bwahahahaha)

Yes, it definitely compares to Gardenscapes. But, imho, it isn't fair to compare it to Gardenscapes. That game is developed by Playrix, the developer of my beloved Royal Envoy. Therefore, nothing would ever compare favorably.

Happy Gaming!

posted in The Joy of Farming on May 19, 11 7:53 AM
FairyonPegasus wrote: that 5 year old and that 8 year old grandson of mine have played everyone of those 123 TM games and do great on them. They don't get stressed or frustrated. They don't worry about getting gold or silver. They don't think, they just play.

No one had to tell them how to make juice, or how to buy the new crops. So perhaps that's exactly what it takes is the mind of a child...

Just like I see the adults looking for a walkthrough for the Nancy Drew games. Yet, my now 10 and 11 year old granddaughters have played through every single one of them with no walkthrough. They/children don't give up, they keep playing till they figure it out. My 3 year old grandson, who just turned 3 plays Plants V Zombies all the time, as well as several other TM games.

Now the one year old is picking up the mouse to try and play. As well as the controllers for the game systems, and he won't be discouraged either. I really need to post some videos of these children playing these games, just to show people how wrong they are about children being incapable of playing these games. Seriously...

This makes me laugh! I remember my oldest playing reader rabbit . . . he just sat there . . . and . . . oh - for HOURS! the fun he had. My daughter LOVES the Nancy Drew games - they only frustrate me. Granted - she is in her 20s now. But those were the first she found that she actually enjoyed. It was hard to find "games for girls." We tried Kristi Yamaguchi and Barbie . . . and they were just silly! No fun at all. Now, thanks to Big Fish, we both find an abundance of games.

Sometimes I think the games need to be made easier for us old folks - not the yungins! Young people just seem to adapt to them much more easily. The only game that I can keep up with my kiddos is Rock Band.

That being said - there is a difference between a game a child can play and a child's game. Cuz, I kinda think, children can plan any of them! :: sigh :: Makes me feel old.

posted in The Joy of Farming on May 19, 11 7:39 AM
lisam63 wrote:if this is like FF then i may not be able to play..
i just can't keep up with caging all the people, animals etc.....
can someone tell me if the pace of this is slower or faster or the same as FF...
i like TM and farming but i can't get used to capturing things as i get easily confused with so much going on

I think you should give this one a try. To me, it has captured the charm of FF without the "frenzy." The clicking is easier because you know exactly WHERE you need to click. You do not have to click product as it is produced - the little elves put it in the storage shed. In my opinion, the thieves are MUCH easier to cage than the bears. The bears have always been my least favorite part. AND, you get the money immediately - you don't have to fill up your cart sending them off to be sold.

Happy Gaming!

posted in The Joy of Farming on May 18, 11 3:26 PM
efi24 wrote:I am so sad to read some of the comments here - give this game a chance - it has Alawar touch to it,

I had originally typed in something very similar to this. It makes me really sad to see all the negative comments about a game when I first check to see what people are thinking. No real reviews - just "I don't like this."

But, I am just stubborn enough to download and see for myself - and if they were all positive and a game genre I am not fond of - I might not have done so. For instance, I am NOT fond of farming games, so I likely would have given this one a pass.

AND, I also think several negative comments bring people out of the wood work that other wise might not post that they liked a game.

JMHO

posted in The Joy of Farming on May 18, 11 9:11 AM
This game does take a bit of getting used to and thinking. There is little doubt to my mind that it would benefit from a little clearer tutorial (and can we choose to use the tutorial or not? ) It isn't clear how to make carrot juice, plant tomatoes or even catch robbers. That being said, that once you figure out how to do these things and how to make money to do so, the game play is very similar to the aforementioned farm frenzy.

You start with a "helper" on a farm, and you must tell him what to plant. In the beginning, only carrots are available to him. You must keep him supplied in seeds and water. Underneath the well and the farm are little squares. If the square is empty, you need to purchase either seeds or water. They carry their produce to the supply room and then you must choose what you wish to sell. In the beginning, the storage room and the shop are a quite small, so you will be doing this with great frequency. After a bit, thieves appear to steal your goods.

The thieves, to me, are MUCH better than the bears in frenzy. They are much easier to click and you won't accidentally click on something else (like a well) trying to stop your thief. You do, however, have to wait on them to come out from behind their bushes before you can cage them. As in all the farm frenzy games, the cage will be my first priority upgrade.

While some may consider this a children's game, I certainly don't. I suspect the later levels will become quite frenzy like and require a great deal of strategy. It took me several tries on most levels to get "gold" and I will not move on until I do so. This gives me extra stars to upgrade things like . . . cages.

A probable buy for me . Must wait a bit on the shape of my game card before a decision will be made.

posted in Life Quest ™ on May 15, 11 6:33 AM
Have you played Magic Life? It is very similar! I know it isn't MORE - but it is still fun.

posted in Fruits Inc. on May 11, 11 10:29 PM
Daisy_May wrote:Thanks SnowNSew, that's good to know. I downloaded this a.m. and was always going to demo it eventually but in no hurry, partly because I am still busy dragon keeping (have been for a whole week) but mainly because I am less likely to want a farming game too.

I am happy to hear about your work keeping dragons. I have been on the fence with this one. I only have 2 spots left on my punch card . . . hate to have the spent so early in the month.

posted in Fruits Inc. on May 11, 11 12:19 PM
bella81762 wrote:i dont mind tms animore, but i wish they were the builders,

If you like builders, you really should try Fruits, inc. It really is more of a building game than a farming game. Not really sure why people think of it as a farming game - I am not fond of farming games . . . they get tedious to me.

JMHO.

posted in Romopolis on May 11, 11 10:44 AM
Yes - this irritated me a bit. If I am supposed to be able to clear trees, i want to be able to clear trees! That being said, it is something that you just need to work around. It *IS* irritating to plan out your level only to find that the lot you were counting on cannot be cleared.

posted in Fruits Inc. on May 11, 11 10:34 AM
Zemane wrote:<snipped> seven tips from our team that might help:

(I didn't feel the need to repeat your entire post. )

Just to be clear, I determined most of your tips from the tutorial. While grandma is definitely annoying and actually does inhibit the ability to get gold on the levels in which she is present, I did feel as though the tutorial was adequate. Obviously, I am in the minority. That is ok - I find myself here often.

posted in Fruits Inc. on May 11, 11 10:29 AM
I almost didn't even attempt this trial due to the reviews this game received. I did, however, and I am glad I did. I actually appreciate that you do not automatically receive gold on the early levels. I always feel like the first few levels are throw away when it is easy to get gold. I enjoy the challenge.

Some people have called this a farming game - I think it is more a building game. You have to build orchards and factories. You aren't just planting and harvesting, you are also building and managing resources. That may explain some of the negativity here. You may build anything on any lot - but you must manage your resources and manpower to do so.

In the first few levels, I needed to plant orchards, sell produce and make product (in this case juice) from the produce. The trick in that sets this game apart is that the produce is automatically sold. You can sell the produce earlier, by clicking on the little blackboard with the $ on it. This presents a bit of a challenge when trying to make product as you have to get it to the factory before it is sold. So, there is strategy involved in when to take what to the factory and when to allow things to sell. For instance, you may want to wait for that last crop of apples to be ready before you carry them to the factory to make juice - or some apples may be sold before you can get them to the factory. There are timers for the produce, the selling as well as they juice factory - and they are all a bit different.

The technologists are required to kill the pests that attack the produce. From the window provided, I assume more things will be required from these guys as the game progresses.

That being said, I really enjoyed my hour. I received gold on the first 5 levels - had just started the 6th when my time ran out. There is definitely strategy involved on each level, even the early ones. No level is a gimme! I thought this game was different from any game I have played before, while incorporating several common objectives. I am interested to know how many levels are included before I decide to purchase - which I likely will do.

posted in Romopolis on May 11, 11 8:58 AM
I have been in TMG withdrawal, so I downloaded this demo and ran with it. It is a building game (surprise!) in the tradition of Build-a-Lot. You need to "help Caesar" (like seriously he needs our help?) by building homes, markets, religious buildings and other such things. You have to manage happiness, religion, commerce, etc. In addition to the time goal, you can set the game to include a end time or not. There is also a goal for a "trophy" on each level.

I found the "helper" annoying. He talked to much and said things I just didn't need to hear. But, the tutorial was good. I was annoyed that I didn't make gold on the last level I was of the tutorial, mostly because of the way I was forced to work it based on the tutorial.

One thing that concerns me is that the map only shows 28 levels. (I think it was 28 - demo done, can't go back and look) It seems awfully short considering I went through 8 levels (I demand perfection before I can continue) in the demo.

With the dearth of TM games lately, this is likely a buy for me at $2.99.

posted in Royal Envoy on May 7, 11 7:34 PM
soblessed57 wrote: I think Royal Envoy is fun,but frustrating. I am on level 15-Swamp Island,only got gold for the first 5 levels!

Continued because I wanted to look at the game.

So I get to this level 15 and it says to build 2 cottages,and get 80,happiness!
(80)!!!!!!!!!!!.
Cedric mentioned something about lanterns and stuff helps increase happiness,but where do I find these lanterns? It's not like I have a store!

If you click on the small places with the sign, a menu will come up with decorations that give you happiness. This happiness is added to the homes on either side of it. So if you put a flower bed (+5 happiness) between 2 cabins, it will give you a total of 10 happiness.

And on the Island before, we are taught that the people don't like living next to businesses or the sawmill but there are only a few building lots so you have to place them next to such things and then they have ZERO happiness! I figured out that I can demolish whatever it is they hate towards the end of the level when I finish everything else,but is there a way to clear some of that brush to make a building lot?

Sometimes you have to plan out your homes, some times you need to demolish things in order to get the happiness levels. As for clearing out the brush to make building lots, you can do so only if the brush is on top of a sign.

I wish this game explained where to get items to increase happiness,how did you all find out? Is my game missing something?

Honestly, it has been so long since I first played this game, I don't know. I don't remember it lacking in tutorials, but that doesn't mean it didn't.

Good luck! This remains one of my favorite games. I just upgraded it to the CE.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator