Posts created by volnole68

posted in Christmas Stories: A Little Prince Collector's Edition on Dec 17, 17 11:59 AM
I had the exact same problem with the box, the vase and the cabinet. Game totally froze. Seems there may be a problem at that spot and possibly with others. Not sure I will continue to play.

posted in Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala Collector's Edition on Jul 27, 16 12:16 PM
Having same issues as many others. I have been waiting for the release of this game. Now screen freezes on HO game then access error. Task manager to get out of it.

posted in Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle Collector's Edition on Aug 16, 14 5:26 PM
Despite 2 "fixes", still having problems with cursor freezing up. After forcing the game to close, I can play again for awhile and same things happen. Really getting old. Such a good game to have so many issues.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition on Jul 18, 14 9:22 AM
Same problem here. My handcuffs disappeared and now nothing will work. GRRR!!

posted in Fear for Sale: Phantom Tide Collector's Edition on Apr 12, 14 7:29 AM
Got stuck again. Fix is not working. Any suggestions??

posted in Fear for Sale: Phantom Tide Collector's Edition on Apr 7, 14 7:00 AM
I have encountered the first glitch in the OP. Thanks for posting this. I may retry the game as I was really enjoying it. However, I don't want to keep getting stuck especially if I have to start over.

posted in Mystery Expedition: Prisoners of Ice on Feb 20, 14 1:45 PM
Same as a lot of you. Water running down the screen, cursor going crazy! I am running Windows 8. Computer is only 2 weeks old!

posted in Dark Sisterhood: The Initiation on Sep 30, 13 7:12 PM
I am having the same problem Jan. Mine is the scarecrow. I don't have the scarecrow as I got kicked out of the HO scene. Yet the game thinks I have the scarecrow. Extremely frustrating!!! I do hope there will be a fix.

posted in Twisted: A Haunted Carol on Dec 7, 10 3:24 PM
Another hidden access error It does no good to contact tech support - they just blame my computer! However, I can play every game from the developer or other game sites so I know it is not my computer. It has to be connected to the game manager. There are enough of these now that you would think, with a little effort, a pattern could be figured out by tech support. I have bought more games from other sites in the last few months than from here because of this access error. Really question why I bother.

posted in Incredible Adventures of my Mom on Oct 4, 10 7:55 AM
Error access violation - again! You would think by now there should be plenty of "evidence" to see why this only happens with certain games and only when using the game manager.

posted in Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate on Aug 6, 10 2:37 PM
Also getting the access violation error...another game to buy somewhere else. I do wish they would fix this problem.

posted in Golden Trails: The New Western Rush on Jul 16, 10 10:41 AM
Ditto goofyduck77.... and what is this with having to go to the developer to run our own fix?? Mine runs fine when downloaded from the developer - it just won't run through the game manager. So if I go to the developer and run that fix, then I can download it from BF? Something wrong with that picture.

posted in Golden Trails: The New Western Rush on Jul 15, 10 10:48 AM
I don't get an error message - mine won't start at all .. blank screen with arrow just sitting there. Did all the usuals - nothing. Tried your tip Fox 118 and unfortunately it didn't work. Had no choice but to download elsewhere - no problems. Great game. Nice to have a different theme for a change!!

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Jun 14, 10 7:17 AM
Also getting the access error despite doing updates, reloading game manager, etc. On the prevous games where I got this message, I had no problem playing game from another site - worked perfectly. That tells me the prolem has to do with the game manager - not the game or my computer. I am also considering my future here as I can't stand to get excited about a game and be unable to play. I'd rather not even know about it!

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Jun 12, 10 8:45 AM
Thanks for your suggestions. I will certainly try them as I am tired of dealing with this. The access error occurs when I try to open the game after downloading. Same issue with Deadtime Stories which played just fine on another site. That makes me think it might be the game manager. Thanks again.

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Jun 12, 10 4:56 AM
Access error message again. Hopefully this will come to another game site so I can try it. They always work fine elsewhere. BFG can't seem to solve this problem. May meed to rethink this membership..................

I played the demo just fine except I had to use task manager to exit. Tried to open it again today to finish the demo and purchase and I get nothing but a black screen. This is really starting to frustrate the devil out of me. 5th big game I have been unable to play..... something is wrong with the game and/or manager if it plays fine one time and then doesn't the next.

posted in Explorer: Contraband Mystery on Jun 6, 10 6:04 AM
I seem to be in the minority lately with games. I enjoyed the demo of this. I didn't think the items were too small and I am using a laptop and have old eyes! I did need a hint on some things that I couldn't figure out what they should look like. I didn't think the red x'es were a negative. I took my time, read the story and enjoyed the scenery...finished one story only during demo as no rushing. Learned some things about gorillas I didn't know actually. I do think it might be short which would be my only drawback. Certainly worth playing an hour free anyway.

posted in Deadtime Stories on May 11, 10 10:14 AM
I hope they are still working on this although there seems to be a lot of these issues lately. I, too, downloaded this from another game site and had absolutely no problems - played perfectly. However, I would prefer to purchase it here so I will wait a few days. I have played for years, also, with no troubles at all and now am having problems with some games and the access error. I know it is not my computer since the game runs fine from other sites as do all of the games I have problems with here. There has to be some small glitch with the game manager, in my opinion. I like BFG and will always try here first, but I am getting weary of the problems. I don't post much, but I do buy a lot - so my money is up for grabs I guess to the site that doesn't give me headaches .. Thanks for letting me vent a little.....

posted in Deadtime Stories on Apr 29, 10 5:16 PM
I too am getting the access violation error. I played the game with no trouble earlier today. Now I can't get past the error. I agree - this is happening much too frequently through BFG. There has to be something wrong - too many people with same problem. My computer is new, up to date so none of the help support suggestions are of any help. Not a happy camper.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator