Posts created by jennsmom

posted in Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium on Dec 3, 10 6:22 AM
I demoed the CE and vetoed it because it went through every scene in the game when I wanted to quit. I might consider this version, but I'd have to see if the same thing goes for this. I find that extremely annoying.

Edit: There's a skip button! Was that on the CE? No matter. That solves my problem, and I'm buying the game. I do wish she weren't so unconcerned about her boyfriend, though.

posted in Elixir of Immortality on Dec 3, 10 6:17 AM
I've played about two thirds of the game and am really enjoying it. My only complaint is that which I have with many of these games. Is it a lamp or a lantern? Is it a lamp one time and a lantern the next time? Not that hook, but this one.

OTW, though, it's a very enjoyable game and I'm interested in the story that goes along with it. The graphics are good and the music changes so it's not so terribly monotonous. There's no grandfather!

posted in The Mystery of the Mary Celeste on Dec 3, 10 3:26 AM
Pictures?? Pictures?? Oh my.

Clunky, irritating music, picture! list of objects, and if you don't click fast enough, the whole conversation starts over again. Thought it was dreadful, and not even worth the money as a DD. 5 minutes. That was my limit.

posted in Little Noir Stories: The Case of the Missing Girl on Dec 2, 10 7:58 AM
I enjoyed the game very much. It was a bit different, and I'll probably go back and play it again because I certainly didn't come close to finding all of the secrets.

posted in Little Noir Stories: The Case of the Missing Girl on Nov 30, 10 5:43 PM
Too late, I already bought it. I demoed it some time ago and have been waiting for a sale. This is disappointing reading.

Edit: I've played the game beginning to end, no glitches, no problems.

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets on Nov 29, 10 1:19 PM
I'm peeved. I was unable to enter the code for the blood lab. I had the numbers, they were put together in the correct order and attached, but no matter what I did, I just got the message that the code must be in the hospital somewhere. I could not enter the numbers at all. I had to skip the puzzle. Annoying. Very annoying.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 29, 10 11:26 AM
jennsmom wrote:I hope someone will read this and be able to help. I'm almost at the end of the game, and my screwdriver has disappeared from my inventory! I have to have it to take the fuel panel off. Do I have to start over from the beginning??

Never mind, I did start over, and this time, the screwdriver stayed in my inventory.

posted in The Mystery of the Dragon Prince on Nov 29, 10 8:33 AM
I understand what you're saying, but I play games like this for enjoyment and entertainment. It's not that the mini games are difficult -- or at least they don't appear to be from the walkthrough, it's that I don't like several of them which, frankly, would take all the enjoyment away from the game and then what would be the point?

Carole22759 wrote:Awh come-on youze guys!
You don't give yourselves enough credit of how capable you are ... The countless mini-games you've attempted over the years, but then skipped just because that "button" was there. What about the mini's you've completed and wondered "how did I do that ?" Most likely you have "talents" you've yet to discover!
All the instances that you've pushed that mouse of yours, to hover-over that SKIP button, thinking to yourself "I'll never be able to figure this one out", then you clicked it without even an attempt at the game in front of you, then all too late realizing that "ah-ha" moment is gone forever ...never to know if you would have been successful.
NO SKIP BUTTON... Pish-Posh...You may surprise yourself!
Find your inner mini-game prowess!
...Now go out there and mini-game dominate!...
Ah well, just thought I'd be a little motivational today.

posted in The Mystery of the Dragon Prince on Nov 29, 10 4:38 AM
After reading the other comments and reviews, I decided to take a look at the walkthrough before making a decision as to whether or not to try it/buy it.

I won't even be trying it. There are several puzzles in it I hate, and without a skip button, there's no way I'd want this game, not even for an hour free trial.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 28, 10 3:24 PM
I hope someone will read this and be able to help. I'm almost at the end of the game, and my screwdriver has disappeared from my inventory! I have to have it to take the fuel panel off. Do I have to start over from the beginning??

Oh my goodness! Am I glad that's over with! I figured out the Roman numerals OK, but there was one picture I just couldn't place! So, I started out with trying X and went from there. I figured, there are only so many numerals on the map. Not one of my favorite all time puzzles, by any means. Whew!

Thank you, MargieB. I'll take a look and try again. I love the game and want to finish!

MargieB wrote:
jennsmom wrote:I already know what I'm supposed to do, and I'm trying, but I can only get one line and there's obviously a lot more to hear. I'm quitting for a while 'cause I'm getting frustrated. I love the game. Any hints from anyone on how to hear the rest? I keep losing the voice.

The conversation will fade in and out a couple of times. It will be necessary to move the glass again after the subtitle disappears.

You will know you've completed the task, when Mrs. Lawson mentions where the password is located.

Here is a video that shows what you need to do posted on the Big Fish Games Tips Official Youtube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25a1oR1pMW4

Good Luck

MargieB

I already know what I'm supposed to do, and I'm trying, but I can only get one line and there's obviously a lot more to hear. I'm quitting for a while 'cause I'm getting frustrated. I love the game. Any hints from anyone on how to hear the rest? I keep losing the voice.

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets on Nov 26, 10 6:44 AM
Am I just bleary from turkey yesterday? I've been playing for 24 minutes, and haven't accomplished much of anything. Collected a lot of items, and made a dandy scarecrow, but nothing else. I'm not sure I want to finish the demo. I'll keep reading the reviews.

Edit: Goodness me. I went back to play it again after several days and realized that I had missed one little thing. That one little thing made all the difference. I've just found the first girl, and I'm buying the game!

I'm not sure where to put this...I bought the CE because I loved the demo and didn't want to wait for the other to come out. I was enjoying every single bit of the game until I came to an object that had to be painted. It is a simple obvious puzzle, but I did it, and nothing happened. Checked my solution. It was as it was supposed to be. Tried a couple of other solutions...nothing. Then I checked the SG and painted it exactly the same as the picture. Then it was OK. You know, if a puzzle has to be done in exactly the same way as the SG, there should be some indication. It really is one of those puzzles that can have several solutions. It was annoying. I hate when games do that. This is a sophisticated age of computer games, not the days of Hunt the Wumpus -- and I may be the only one here that knows what that was. I should be able to solve a puzzle without have it completed in only one way without any notice.that this is the way it has to be.

Yes, it made me grumpy.

posted in Ella's Hope on Nov 22, 10 4:15 AM
After following directions to "equip stick" three times and being told, "You didn't," I gave up.

Not for me. Not even for free.

posted in The Dracula Files on Nov 21, 10 4:12 AM
I played for a whole 5 minutes before deciding that I didn't wish to play an entire HOG with a magnifying glass. I don't mind using it a bit, but this was too much. I admit, the cartoon aspect put me off a bit, but I thought I might get used to it. However, after finding out that no, the outline of the scarf did not match the actual scarf, etc., I felt that even $2.99 was too much for this game.

Just finished the game, and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was worth the extra for the CE. One quibble, though...two, actually. I won't say what two puzzles, because that would be a spoiler, I'll just say one in the regular game and one in the bonus game had me stumped. I even looked at the SG, and as far as I could see, I had done exactly what I was supposed to do. I hate having to skip puzzles when I know perfectly well what has to be done. Those two things aside, I enjoyed the game very much and I'll probably play it again to see if I can find everything without a hint.

posted in Time Mysteries: Inheritance on Nov 10, 10 10:47 AM
I enjoyed the game, both the HOG parts and the mini games. The story does seem to stop abruptly and without resolution, but I wasn't really playing for the story.

It was nice to have most of the objects relating to the time, although someone should tell the developers that forks are a rather recent invention and certainly not found in the 700s!

posted in Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower on Nov 7, 10 10:07 AM
I bought this because I liked the first game. I think the first one is a bit better, but I have no complaints, really. The music is soothing, and I like the change from the usual HOG. I'm happy with the purchase, it's a relaxing game.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator