Posts created by sgrwlf27

posted in Grim Facade: Broken Sacrament Collector's Edition on Apr 15, 18 5:51 PM
I am a bit confused on the directions given for this puzzle. I figured that the row across the top indicates a top chip goes in the top half of the board and the chip below it goes in the lower half of the board. But I don't really see a vertical line dividing the left from the right. Do the chips on the left hand side mean 1st chip on left half of board and 2nd chip on right half of board?

posted in Fear For Sale: The Curse of Whitefall on Jan 9, 18 5:21 PM
I have now updated my video drivers and tried again to no avail. This must be a glitch as clicking everything in the HOS does not solve VAULT and hint shows exiting the HOS.

posted in Fear For Sale: The Curse of Whitefall on Jan 9, 18 4:26 PM
Reinstalled game from website and still cannot get "vault" item. Hint still shows leaving the HOS. Checked Windows Update for error 2, "Your computer is up to date"

Any other suggestions?

posted in Fear For Sale: The Curse of Whitefall on Jan 9, 18 1:46 PM
sgrwlf27 wrote:I am having the same issue in the vault HOS. Cannot click anything that works and hint says to leave the scene. I have tried leaving the scene and clicking on the vault to no avail. Windows 10 pc. No other games have issues. And starting a new profile? That means starting game all over and this is almost the end of it...

Please advise.

I have tried running as admin..no change. I have uninstalled but purchase history in game manager shows error 2 as you cannot download it again, only play, and, of course, you can't play it as I uninstalled it through game manager and watched the entire folder be deleted.

Any advice?

posted in Fear For Sale: The Curse of Whitefall on Jan 9, 18 1:39 PM
I am having the same issue in the vault HOS. Cannot click anything that works and hint says to leave the scene. I have tried leaving the scene and clicking on the vault to no avail. Windows 10 pc. No other games have issues. And starting a new profile? That means starting game all over and this is almost the end of it...

Please advise.

Same issue here. I thought it was something I wasn't doing right, but apparently not. Every item in inventory can be picked up except amulet of death. Did you find the fix?

posted in Silver Tale on Sep 25, 17 5:07 PM
I am new to this type of game and am playing relaxed mode. I am #1 with score of 3325, got a message I had cleared the board, but each time I play last move, a pop up appears saying, "Out of moves..if only you had a way to retrieve yourself" tells about a bootmaker in Gossamer Wood (which I have no idea how to get to) and only gives me the option to replay level or exit. If I've cleared the board and have 3 stars, what else can I do?

posted in Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts on Aug 31, 17 9:12 AM
mrsmicmac wrote:After I scare off the strange creature on the desk upstairs, my little helper ELF disappears. I need him to climb the cabinet in the room where I gassed the villains with sleeping gas, but he's no longer in my inventory!!! Help!!!!

You can't run as admin within game manager, so I went to file location and ran application as admin, restarted game and Elf was in inventory.

Thanks.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts on Aug 31, 17 9:08 AM
mrsmicmac wrote:After I scare off the strange creature on the desk upstairs, my little helper ELF disappears. I need him to climb the cabinet in the room where I gassed the villains with sleeping gas, but he's no longer in my inventory!!! Help!!!!

I have the exact problem. I kept thinking where is Elf? Not in inventory looked at every area, even the game thinks he's with me as the hint says to use Elf. Did anyone ever get this fixed?

posted in Crime Secrets: Crimson Lily on Oct 15, 16 9:50 AM
Why is there no walkthrough for this SE?

I hate skipping puzzles. They are the reason I buy a game. If the puzzles are challenging but not impossible, I keep trying by resetting. I have yet to find a reset button in any and I am at the 3 rings with colored balls puzzle. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I only see help, map, strategy guide, menu and diary (well and the dragon's eye) on the bottom of my screen and see no circular arrow as in most games. i am playing on casual.

posted in Violett on Jul 10, 16 8:37 AM
After getting a new laptop I decided to try again to play this game hoping that the "glitch" in the caterpillar room would not happen. Well it did, but I think I understand why now: the 3 items caterpillar first asks Violett about I do not yet have. I only have the one from the bathroom. So I think that until I do the other rooms that give me the other 2, that is why it will not open the floor and raise steps to window.

Alas, the other issues remain. I have to try and figure out how to get to the toy room as all available walkthrough videos show a different door than my game. If I use the walkthrough videos for finding it from the maze, I simply come out somewhere else in the maze.

Also, looking through Steam forums on the game, a lot of people got stuck in the library after the game update. My problem is similar, though it is my 1st time in the library and very early in the game. I was able to give 2 pieces of candy to get the kids to fly a block up to the ladder, but trying to give the 3rd/final piece: I get the hand symbol in inventory and grab the candy and drag it down to last kid; nothing happens, inventory still shows 1 piece of candy and trying to select anything from that point on never gives a hand symbol, only arrow. Back out of game and try again, same thing repeatedly happens. I saw no responses thus far searching that forum that would reveal a fix for this.

Windows 10
Intel i7 6th gen
Nvidia GeForce gtx 965M
8 gb ram

posted in Rite of Passage: The Lost Tides Collector's Edition on Jul 1, 16 1:38 PM
Back when this had all the glitches, I finally gave up. Got a new laptop Win10 and hoped it had been fixed. Well I think it has but I am at the last scene at the end of the game where you use the compass 3 times (by selecting symbols and placing them from memory) and I did that 3x. Dad fell down. The WT says that's the end. Well it's not in my game. Using hint targets compass and core of the beacon but no matter how many times or where I try to use it (including exactly where the hint button uses a circle to show me) compass bounces back into its slot on lower left screen. Cannot play bonus game if I don't finish main game. Any help on what I'm doing wrong? No one else ever mentioned this issue back last year, havent found anything in the forum to address it and several people got to play the bonus game so I'm assuming they never had this happen.

posted in City of Secrets on May 22, 16 8:43 AM
I just bought this game (know it's old) but every time I try to give the beetroot lady the onion in trade Mole shakes his head NO. I have to do this to get on with the game according to walkthrough. Any help?

It's almost like I shouldn't buy an old game cause NO ONE ever comes by these forums years later and helps out gamers who need it. Same issues with Violett.

posted in Mortimer Beckett and the Crimson Thief on May 18, 16 6:44 AM
sgrwlf27 wrote:I just bought this game after playing the entire demo with no issues. Now I am at the marquee puzzle and when I approach, there are no visible letters. Clicking on it I can here a sound as if I am selecting a letter, but cannot see to complete this puzzle. I didn't see anyone else with this issue. Windows 7.

OKay. I exited and restarted the game and the glitch is gone.

posted in Mortimer Beckett and the Crimson Thief on May 18, 16 6:43 AM
OKay. I exited and restarted the game and the glitch is gone.

posted in Mortimer Beckett and the Crimson Thief on May 18, 16 6:40 AM
Has anyone else on Windows 7 (or other OS) approached the marquee and had no letters appear? I can hear the sound of selecting them but cannot see anything but the rows on the marquee.

posted in Mortimer Beckett and the Crimson Thief on May 18, 16 6:37 AM
I just bought this game after playing the entire demo with no issues. Now I am at the marquee puzzle and when I approach, there are no visible letters. Clicking on it I can here a sound as if I am selecting a letter, but cannot see to complete this puzzle. I didn't see anyone else with this issue. Windows 7.

posted in Violett on May 10, 16 8:21 AM
First, I believe since I just bought this game last week, that this is an updated version and so may have different correct answers than the older one. Upon watching video walkthroughs, noticed a maze door shown to enter to get to a specific room does not allow me to enter it in my game.

That said, the first issue is I have done everything in the caterpillar room/kitchen (per several walkthroughs as well as the hint system) but after talking to it, giving it 2 rings, and getting the key from it, it refuses to pull the lever which will raise steps near window (allowing me to get to the new area) nor open the door in floor. I even started an entire new game to see if it would work the way videos show it doing, no use. Still can't get past that area.

Second issue, video walkthroughs in the library never show getting the key from rubik's cube area. I fear without knowledge how to do this, I also am prevented from continuing into some other area.

The maze issue is I cannot get to the toy room since video shows how to get there and it doesn't work in my game version.

I hate not getting to finish games and realize this is an old forum but hoping somebody who has played the game through can help me. I have scoured the web, read all threads here, but these issues are not addressed. Okay to pm me but it might be helpful to post responses here in case any other gamer decided to try this game (via bfg suggestion like me) and needs the help as well.

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside on Apr 23, 16 11:56 AM
I just used a free game coupon to purchase this SE. It has been so wonderful till this issue. The other poster's suggestion does not apply to me. I am on casual, playing in full screen and I can continue doing other things in the game, but obviously I cannot finish if I don't get the snake charmed. Please tell me any other solutions to resolve this. Windows 7.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator