Posts created by specialcritters

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Jul 6, 10 8:30 AM
Thanks much! I found RTR to be more difficult than fun.

posted in BeTrapped! on Jan 4, 09 10:21 AM
The snake stick is in the library. To deal with the cat, go to the Herb Garden and pick some catnip for it.

posted in BeTrapped! on Jan 4, 09 5:33 AM
What a great game! Thanks for the snake hint; sorry I can't help you with the cat problem.

posted in Hidden Expedition: Everest ™ on Oct 24, 08 11:26 AM
It goes toward the bottom R corner, next to the butterfly, as I recall.

posted in Hidden Expedition: Amazon ™ on Sep 29, 08 1:05 PM
JessF wrote:You need to play the circle game with the colored buttons THREE times, Each time a different door is opened. You will find the lever to use by the man in the chair in (I think) the 3rd scene. You will need to go back and forth several times between scenes to get the inventory items you need.

I hope this helps.
Thanks!! In cases like these it's the hint that makes even more confusion.

posted in Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None on Sep 29, 08 12:56 PM
There really aren't any rules. LOL You just walk around, talk to people, and do stuff. Do you have the booklet that usually comes with? It helps. You also need to go do a search for walkthrough Agatha Christie (and the rest of the title) and find a good one. They will lay out what you need to do, where you'll find stuff, and maybe even screenshots of the game in progress.

posted in Azada ™ on Sep 29, 08 5:50 AM
trentonro wrote: Maybe I will like it once I truly get started.
I didn't. I was more than happy to see that one go, and I don't say that about very many.

posted in Jewel Quest II on Sep 29, 08 5:47 AM
Yeah, mine acts a little foolish sometimes; it likes to shut down. I have the disk, though, not BF's download.

posted in Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None on Sep 29, 08 5:40 AM
I haven't gotten the parachute made yet either, but have you searched a walkthrough? Some of them are VERY good!! I haven't gotten the fishing line, I don't think; I've been doing Amazon instead.

posted in Hidden Expedition: Amazon ™ on Sep 28, 08 1:44 PM
I don't remember clippers having anything to do with anything, but the bulb and the gas are used in the generator puzzle.

posted in Hidden Expedition: Amazon ™ on Sep 27, 08 12:37 PM
scotcat wrote:
Is that the area where you need to put an inventory item on a blue cursor spot before you get the diary? Do you have a golden gem yet?
You're exactly right!! I would've figured it out, but I never saw the blue spot.
Thanks!!!

posted in Hidden Expedition: Amazon ™ on Sep 24, 08 6:19 AM
When I need to leave, I go into the menu, turn off full-screen, and leave that way. Nothing is changed when I come back.

posted in Hidden Expedition: Amazon ™ on Sep 23, 08 5:12 PM
cesse47 wrote:I only remember a couple. When you use a hint, do you click the item first and then the hint? If so, that's a penalty. If you click an item to get a silhouette, that's a penalty. If you click hint, then click an item, no penalty.
...if you are in a puzzle, and click hint, big penalty. a second hint, bigger penalty.
That's what I remember. There may be more. I know there was a large thread about it. If you want more info, you can do a search on Penalty or penalties to see what comes up.
Ahhh, bet you're right about the puzzle hints. I figured there was some "price" to pay, but I don't care; I don't pay any attention to the numbers anyway. I'm playing for the game, not for the numbers!!!

posted in Azada ™ on Sep 3, 08 5:07 AM
I couldn't agree more. For those reasons, I found Azada so annoying that I dumped it once & for all; it was too punitive to be fun.

posted in Azada ™ on Aug 27, 08 7:37 AM
Azada is the first one I couldn't stand. I don't think it goes much, if any, beyond level 10, but the new one is supposed to be out pretty imminently. for you

posted in Nancy Drew - Secret Of The Old Clock on Aug 22, 08 6:29 AM
Ooo, bet you're rich!!!

I never had that problem, so I can't answer specifically. You know the way to break away from the telegrams is to deliver then not go back for another, right? Could you go back to your last save then stop the telegrams? I'm thinking maybe that happens when you've delivered "too many." My other suggestion would be to check out all the walkthroughs and see if anybody else has come up on that problem.

posted in Boggle on Aug 17, 08 6:54 AM
A previous version is my very first PC game.

posted in Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None on Aug 17, 08 6:38 AM
I'm liking it a lot; I wanted a game where I could just wander. I was stuck a fair ways in, but I read the book more carefully, and I think I've figured out how to read the books and papers. There's NO built in tutorial on working the game, unlike Nancy Drew, but the books that come with the game are excellent. I just wish the tutorial was built in.

posted in Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None on Aug 16, 08 1:53 PM
I'm a little stuck too; The Voice has just spoken, and the maid has just fainted. I have an epidemic of books collected, which I can't look at, and it won't let me go outside. I don't know what to do now, but I've tried to be as thorough at scouring the house as I can. I don't see a walkthrough at the place I know is safe...

posted in Nancy Drew - Secret Of The Old Clock on Aug 16, 08 9:28 AM
You found the cat toy and gave it to him, right? The secret door to the tunnel is hard to find, but it's under the rug in the corner.

I HATED it when Topham came running out of there hollering!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator