Posts created by LostAtTheGate

posted in Roads of Rome on Sep 20, 11 11:47 AM
I was constantly ending needing gold and stone - could do everything but get enough resources to end it so..........

I waited till I had 4 workers and had picked up lots of food - then used bonus bag and picked up all the gold to the right of the hut and all the stone heaps around the quarry and then, anything else I could get after that, if I still had time. It finally gave me enough resources to make Expert.

posted in Roads of Rome on Sep 20, 11 10:42 AM
I finally got it! How? By waiting till I had all 4 workers and had just picked up lots of food; then I used bonus bag and picked up the 4 gold to right of hut and all the stone stacks by the quarry - yes, it can be done---but you have to be quick! LOL

posted in Roads of Rome on Sep 18, 11 2:00 PM
I cannot make expert in this level 3.5 (level 25). I cannot get enough gold or stone to build the settlement. I can build everything else with no problem, including the 3 outposts in the settlement, but cannot get enough resources to finish it off. I have read, and re-read all your walkthroughs, tips and tricks, but they don't seem to help. In most instances, it sounds like you're talking about a different level? Can anyone help?

Is there anyway you can skip this? I've tried and tried and just can't do it. Even following the walkthrough video-I'm just not fast enough and I can't continue with my game. Help, please. Thank you.

Is there anyway you can skip this? I've tried and tried and just can't do it. Even following the walkthrough video-I'm just not fast enough and I can't continue with my game. Help, please. Thank you.

posted in Virtual Families on Aug 19, 09 8:15 AM
I also love the game. It is fantastic that you can have families pretty much doing things on their own. The internet is amazing, really!

I do find that the families are terribly isolated, though. No relatives, aunts, grandmothers, etc. Never see their neighbors. Never have people over for coffee or birthday parties.

No interaction with their pets, either. In fact, they are totally ignored by the peeps.

My turtle spent all his slow moving time to catch up with my 18 year old who had just lost his parents. The turtle layed down under his legs, while the peep was napping leaning against the big chair in the living room [seemed to be giving him sympathy].
The turtle stayed there with him until the peep got up and left him, ignoring him as usual.

At least there was a little interaction on the turtle's side, anyway. Never had any interaction with the dog or cat. I find the turtle much more interesting to watch.

posted in Virtual Families on Aug 19, 09 7:43 AM
I've never had animal names that I remember [into 13th generation]; but did have male triplets named Idol, Malibu and Saffron-and they were really homely. Right now my family is named Tonic, Freckles and Evita.

How do you change their names?

posted in Virtual Families on Aug 19, 09 7:34 AM
You were lucky. The only way I managed to get 6 kids was to have triplets. Until then, the most I had was 5-and that only once.

I wonder why they insist the youngest be 4 years old before you have another. I think 2 years apart is much nicer-then the kids are closer in age to play together.

What would have happened if they were all at home-I guess one would have to sleep on the floor or in the hammock? - LOL

posted in Virtual Families on Aug 19, 09 7:25 AM
I've also had a 2 year old sit down at the patio and have a glass of wine (at least, I think that's wine on the patio table-looks like it anyway!) - LOL

posted in Virtual Families on Aug 17, 09 10:50 PM
AzFreebird-Careful of the red glove-I almost never use it. It was the bickering that got me to use it. They both wanted children and here she was 49 and they still didn't have any. It didn't make sense. And when they started bickering when I tried to mate them, I just lost it. Then when I put them together, they had a baby; or I would have ended the game without completing the trophies. That was two generations ago.

I've got 2 more pieces of trick candy (salty candy) to give out and I hate to give them out-LOL;

still have to find a horse fly and a dragon fly (14 generations and haven't been able to find either one-just now found the yellow and brown butterfly) and once I've found those two-all my collections will be complete;

still have to cure someone who is gravely ill; and

last but not least, have 10 more weeds to pick.

Right now my Momma (Wiki) is 63, has lost her husband and her two children are in college and I'm trying to figure out how to keep her alive. LOL She really is a nice lady and I hate to see her go........I just know she's going to be gone by tomorrow. Her husband died at 61.

I wonder why they all die at 65 or less. My goodness. Those game developers should know that you retire at 65, not die. The developers must be all young whipper-snappers. I'm 73 myself [in real life] so I kind of resent that they let them pass away so young. *Grin

posted in Virtual Families on Aug 11, 09 6:08 PM
nuwave820 wrote:
Karine_3000 wrote:Does anyone knows what happens if one generation does'nt produce a kid? I am on my fifth generation and am trying to find my perfect match but now my guy is like 45 years old... what if he dies? Who will take over the house? Please advise...

If your adult peeps die with no children-the game ends and you start a new one.

I had the same problem. Into my 12th generation and could not get any children. All attempts were unsuccessful. They would also bicker something terrible. The last time, she was 49 and I figured it was the end of the game, they started bickering when I tried to mate them, and I got so mad, I took the red glove and beat them both 3 times each with it. Then I tried mating them again and success, they had a little boy. Not sure if it was a result of the scolding I gae them, or not. Right now he's 18 and ready to go to college; his father passed yesterday and his mother passed today, so I'm ready to go into my 13th generation.

posted in Virtual Families on Aug 11, 09 5:25 PM
If it's just one person, put them in the hammock. They go right to sleep. The hammock has been a haven for me. I use it to put new Mama's in with their babies for a sleep after the babies are born; use it for healing the sick-give them medicine and then put them in the Hammock; if a little one misbehaves, rather than punish them with the red glove, I'll throw them in the playroom or sandbox, but if he/she is being an especial itch (banging dishes; poking plants, playing with machinery in the work room, crying for attention, writing on the wall) I'll throw them in the hammock instead of punishing them. At night I put them to bed, and don't worry if they don't go to bed. One night everyone went to bed except one little kid. Absolutely would not go to bed even though he was exhausted, so I threw him in the Hammock, and then logged off quickly before anyone else got up.-LOL They usually take care of themselves pretty well, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

posted in Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships on Aug 8, 09 7:12 PM
Even with all the tips, I still can't do the Monkey Game. I hate arcade games, anyway-which is why I play the large file games-which makes it doubly frustrating.

I've tried all the tips in this forum, but I cannot make the boards go down. Even after clicking on each one two or three times, which, of course, makes it impossible to win, the Monkey still knocks it down when I go on to the next one. I hit two guava, three stars and two crabs and something else and got a score of 8. I will never win this game, which ends the whole game for me. Why don't they give us a bypass for these stupid arcade games.

I wonder if there is any way I can get my money back.

posted in Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships on Aug 8, 09 7:05 PM
I've given up on the Monkey Game-even with all the tips, I'm putting this game into cold storage. Maybe someday if I'm feeling masochistic, I'll pull it out. Not only does the monkey get 9 balls in the 1st level, I can't hit the boards down. I hit 3 Guava's, 3 Stars and 2 crabs and got a score of 8. The boards, even when I click on them 2 or 3 times each, which makes the game impossible to win, the boards still won't go down, and I wait for them to be standing up straight.

Nothing works and I'm so disappointed. I hate arcade games to begin with which is why I get the large file games-so this is doubly frustrating. I would certainly like my money back on this one.

posted in Diamon Jones: Amulet of the World on May 15, 09 2:03 PM
Diamon Jones I could have done without. Did not like the game at all and was very disappointed.

I love playing large file games and some of my very good favorites were Syberia I and Syberia II...Dracula: Origin...the second Dracula game...both Ravenhursts games...Sherlock Holmes awakened...Safecracker and there are others that I liked.

But Diamon Jones-although I finally finished it-was crappy and he seemd pretty stupid and the game people tampered with the cursor so that it was not responsive at all hardly and I had a terrible time trying to fly the plane and cross the log over the ravine-climbing the rope at the museum wasn't too bad; I managed that a little easier. They should put mini games in the place of those left-right clicks-I hated that. Too much like work and this is supposed to be a game. When a game turns into work; forget it. It's time to pass.

posted in Dracula Origin on Dec 27, 08 6:28 PM
I'm having problems loading Dracula: Origin

It starts and restarts 2 or 3 times, then says "validating" and then says "error downloading."

I've cleaned my Internet-Tools Option files and re-booted, but I still get the same thing.

Is anyone else having this problem?

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Dec 27, 08 1:54 PM
I have never seen such a beautiful game. I was so frustrated in the beginning and couldn't seem to do anything. Really felt stupid. But I finally got it started and even solved several of the door puzzles by myself (so I don't feel so stupid anymore.)

The game is definitely one of the highest quality games I have ever come across; in playing, in it's ambience, the graphics are wonderful and the detail is outstanding. I feel privileged to be one of your customers and allowed to play it.

It is long and involved without being unwieldy. Most games you enjoy end too soon, but this one is absolutely great.

Wonderful job, you guys. You've outdone yourselves many times over.

I'm not finished yet-still have two more hearts to find, but at least now I know I can finish what seemed, at first, to be an unsurmountable puzzle game.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator