Posts created by jennsmom

posted in Mystery Age: The Dark Priests on Nov 5, 10 4:52 PM
I went crazy looking for it, but finally found it. It's in the lab tower where the clock is found. It's on the back wall.

posted in Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows on Nov 2, 10 4:31 AM
vingilot wrote:
jennsmom wrote:I was enjoying the game up until I had to make the medicine. One wrong move, and I was done for. No reset, had to wait for the skip button to fill up. That was annoying.

The rest is very enjoyable -- well, not all the puzzles, but most of them. And the HOG scenes are not too difficult, but not too easy, either.

That medicine thing though, was very irritating.

Didi you try backing out of the scene and going back in? That should reset the puzzle.

I did, and it didn't work. I'm going to play again. We'll see. I loved the game, regardless.

posted in PuppetShow: Souls of the Innocent on Nov 1, 10 1:55 PM
Even with a walkthrough, I had to skip two or three puzzles, just because they were so annoying...the fish, for example. I thought I was doing something wrong, but no, it's just an irritating puzzle.

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened on Oct 31, 10 10:23 AM
I was all set to purchase this. Switching from 1st person to 3 person doesn't bother me and I was really interested in the story. Unfortunately, before I was more than a few minutes into the game, it froze at 1st person, and I couldn't do a thing. Uninstalled, and will not be buying.

posted in Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows on Oct 30, 10 3:11 PM
I was enjoying the game up until I had to make the medicine. One wrong move, and I was done for. No reset, had to wait for the skip button to fill up. That was annoying.

The rest is very enjoyable -- well, not all the puzzles, but most of them. And the HOG scenes are not too difficult, but not too easy, either.

That medicine thing though, was very irritating.

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven on Oct 29, 10 11:40 AM
I just decided today to demo this game. When I went through the portal to the burning house, I couldn't do anything. Couldn't look at the girl, do anything with the mailbox....nothing. I don't know if I'll try again or not. I'm already not liking the lag time and the fact that it's another game to go through bunches of scenes before it will quit. I hate that.

So, it's going to go through a gazillion scenes every time I quit the game? That would mean a no buy right off the bat. Seriously. It doesn't matter about the rest of the game. When I want to quit, I want to quit.

posted in Letters from Nowhere on Oct 27, 10 4:08 AM
It's OK. I have played for about 15 minutes, and I'm not sure I'll use up the demo time. There's nothing wrong with the game, I would just like more, somehow. Perhaps it gets better later in play? Right now, I wouldn't buy it.

posted in Mystery of the Earl on Oct 26, 10 8:35 AM
I do not like FROGs generally, but I thought I'd give this a go. The music is annoying, and the objects small and very difficult to see. Did not use up all the demo time before uninstalling. Not even close to being a game I would buy.

posted in Murder, She Wrote on Oct 26, 10 7:36 AM
I am really enjoying this game. Finished the first book and am half way through the second. No, it certainly isn't complicated, but, it's fun. No squinting at tiny little objects (as in "Oh! That line at the bottom of the screen is supposed to be a pen??) and it has an interesting, if simple, story line. The mini games are very easy, but at least they seem slightly different. This is relaxing, and I recommend it -- especially to new HOG players.

posted in Lost Realms: Legacy of the Sun Princess on Oct 26, 10 7:30 AM
Tried the game. Played for about 10 minutes when the moving screen got to me. Made me dizzy. What a stupid thing for a game developer to do. Deleted and certainly no buy for me.

posted in Youda Legend: The Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond on Oct 24, 10 9:14 AM
I've been playing for 25 minutes. Seemed like so much longer...I guess it was the "music." Game is annoying. Not a buy for me. Too slow moving and those giant objects! I don't like them teeny, but 8 foot flippers? Come on. There has to be a happy medium somewhere. And, I don't like not being able to leave in the middle of a scene without having to start all over again.

posted in Emerald City Confidential on Oct 23, 10 4:14 AM
I thought it was fun. I was laughing from the beginning. I've used up most of the demo time, and have it put aside for purchase next month. Film noir in green.

I love the graphics - well, just about everything about the game is great. After I had just decided not to buy another CE, this one is tempting me. If I still feel that way after I've finished the trial, I think I'll go for it.

posted in Column of the Maya on Oct 18, 10 5:56 AM
My eyesight isn't the greatest, I admit, but rarely do I have to use hints 4 times within the first 12 minutes of play. The objects are too small and poorly drawn for me. This is a no buy, unfortunately. I love HOG/adventure games.

posted in Love & Death ™: Bitten ™ on Oct 17, 10 4:15 PM
The HOG sections were enjoyable, and the mini games a bit different. I liked the graphics. Music is a little boring. I'm glad I purchased the game but did not like the ending at all. That's not a spoiler, because I'm not going to say what I didn't like about it.

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition on Oct 16, 10 6:24 PM
I've lost my hint Frog. I don't know what happened to him. Any suggestions? I finished the game without him, but I'd like to play it again and I want him back.

An addition: I was able to get the frog back after uninstalling and reinstalling, but now my magnifying glass is gone. I loved the game, but probably will never purchase another Collector's Edition.

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition on Oct 15, 10 5:01 AM
I'm enjoying the game very much; played the trial version until time was up, then purchased it. However, the constellation puzzle gave me fits. I thought I knew exactly what to do -- not exactly brain surgery -- and was sure I had everything lined up. When that didn't work, I check the guide. Looked at the picture. Looked the same as what I had done, but the right discs wouldn't lock. I finally skipped it and went on, but it was frustrating. I don't see that anyone else had that problem, though, and it didn't take away from the game.

posted in Trijinx on Oct 11, 10 6:48 AM
I just bought this game and was so happy to find it! I had played a similar game on another website for a long time, but this is mine and has the options of three kinds of play. I know it will give me hours of entertainment, even if I'm not very good at it.

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera on Oct 8, 10 12:56 PM
The game was a lot of fun, although I had a few complaints. Picture frame, boot, and a couple of other articles -- should have been clearer because there may have been multiple picture frames, boots, etc., in the scene. Also, some of the tokens for the astrology puzzle disappeared, so I couldn't complete it and had to skip. Some kind of technical glitch?

However, all in all, I'm glad I bought it after the demo, and I'll probably play it again just for fun because I already know how it ends.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator