Posts created by slinkysmom

posted in Mystery Murders: The Sleeping Palace on May 12, 13 6:53 AM
I just finished this game and I have to say I wished I had given it a pass.
Needed the walkthrough too many times to mention. ( I never use them as a rule).Was a run here there and everywhere to pick up this and do that with no real flow to where to go next to do what.
Thankfully it was a game credit buy.
Not recommending this to anyone.
This is a complete miss by BFG.

A big ty to BFG for finally setting up the option to purchase any and all C/E with games credits and not just cash.
It is nice to see that our feedback does net results.
I will most likely now buy more CE as using game credits is far more inexpensive in long run.........esp with one free game for 6 punch card entries equal 1 free game.
Thank you BFG, you did well!!!

orijojo wrote:
Shorenuf wrote:

For some reason I can't quite grasp I am not getting that 100% Wow!, I have to keep playing feeling I usually get with these games that clearly have higher production value. Maybe in the light of day …

Neither am I, however I did decide to play the advanced mode, and towards the end of the trial I started to get that feeling of déjà vu which got me a little excited, and based on TeamSD’s comments I‘m probably going to buy, but I will wait for a few more comments before I commit my $14.99.

Don’t worry TeamSD, I won’t hold you responsible if I buy, I was going to buy without trialing it, but decided it’s better to be wise than foolish.

jojo

tj1147 wrote:I have a question (and will probably get "slammed" for it). Comments and Reviews is a good forum for letting others know how we feel about a game or any of its components, and for giving our personal reviews of a game (which can help others decide about buying...I always read the reviews of those more experienced than I). Now the question - if someone doesn't like a particular game or series of games, why post on the forum planning to "cancel membership" if "better games" aren't made available ("better" is relative to each player I would think). Why not just cancel membership "quietly" if one is not finding games they think worthy of membership price? Why feel the need to post cancelling on the forums?

I could not agree with you more. If anyone is having issues and cancelling memberships, I feel writing to customer service under help section is far more effective than using the game review forums. I did just that recently and it is more likely to passed on to powers that be than in the review forum.

As far as this game goes, playing demo and I found it to be easy but as some pointed out, it is billed as a **** and that is what you get.
I like a change of pace and this game is just that. Still playing trial but I certainly will use free game credit or DD if it pops up there fore sure.
Happy gaming all!

posted in Relics of Fate: A Penny Macey Mystery on Feb 22, 11 5:32 AM
I run Windows 7 home prem 64 bit as well. No problems here. Try emptying your cache, cookies and browser history etc. Also, maybe try to unclick the cusom cursor and I do that when I have problem with lag.
Agree with other 64 ers who are working fine. Update everything, uninstall and reinstall with new profile......I know pain starting again but that often helps as well.
Hope you find a solution as this is a cute fun game.
PS Have had my puter very short time but have had to update Active X, drivers etc already.......so that my help too.
Happy gaming everyone.

posted in Maestro: Music of Death Collector's Edition on Feb 17, 11 7:02 AM
Hi
I run windows 7 prem home and often have to adjust resolution manually.
First unclick the full screen in your options/settings when you open the game.
This will cause it to revert to whatever your resolutions setting are in Windows.
If you still have a problem go to you resolution settings on computer and try to adjust it that way to make it go to full screen.
There is a solution ( which is where I learned to manually change puter settings) in the help section at the site.
Hope this helps and happy gaming
Mine is full screen but I had to uncheck and manually change for this game.!

posted in Crossworlds: The Flying City on Jan 8, 11 6:49 AM
only way I will buy this one is with a walkthrough...already lost completely in first 25 minutes of demo. Hate to buy games and not finish cause I got stuck somewhere.
Walkthrough please and ty.

posted in Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower on Jan 2, 11 6:34 PM
Micha1234 wrote:I can't run the game either. I have windows 7, 64 bit.
I get a windowed screen - black - and that's it. The program keeps minimizing itself.

I. too, run windows 7, 64 bit....if game minimizes......go to options on on first page and check there. Have a full screen option.......make sure it is checked.

Mine was ruuning in a window mode and was wacky looking but I looked at options or settings whichever it is called on first page where you enter profile etc.
Hope this helps.

posted in Curse of the Ghost Ship on Dec 29, 10 7:36 AM
Yet another no buy game? 2 hours? that is just downright ridiculous.
Another no buy day for me......believe it or not I have bought 4 games only in Dec that is how pathetic games have been.........all were on free credits except monthly purchase with membership dues.
Have written to CS to let them know this has to stop......it really does. Site better re focus themselves on quality games for regular customers. Never thought I would say that about BFG, but that is truly how I feel.

posted in Tamara the 13th on Dec 28, 10 12:13 PM
Eeeeek! this is the worst Frag hidden object game I have ever seen. I am now engaged to my hint button........lol.
I have average eyesight and enjoy this kind of game, but way to hard to spot the fragments blending in wherever they stick them for no rhyme or reason. Big big big thumbs down to this one!
not even buying it at 2.99.
Cmoon BFG either it is CE then 40 yrs till SE for same games and garbage in between with the odd not bad one thrown in.

posted in Mystery of Mortlake Mansion on Dec 19, 10 6:52 AM
I am a little late to the game review but I still wanted to put my 2 cents in so to speak.

This game is a 10 out 10!!!!!!!!!!!

Great story line, different than most. Wonderful mini games that were varied and interesting.

I am a med level IHOG gamer and found I read diary, used the shadow book but needed no walkthrought whatsoever. Game flowed really well and the map that is posted throughout made going from place to place very easy!!!! Normally I have to consult walkthrough on these kinds of games cos I get stuck and do not know where to go next.

It is lengthy and the same caliber as a CE at a SE price.

Nice to finely get a game that ran smoothly from start to finish!

Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!! to the developers and BFG for bringing this caliber of game to us a the regular price!!!

Whether you are beginner or old pro...........this is a MUST have game.

posted in Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones on Dec 12, 10 6:57 AM
"First I want to thank you for any comments (though not positive) but we respect your point of view and try to avoid these shortcomings in future. Also please take note that this is our debut project - do not judge us harshly. "

First of all, thank you for taking the time to point this out to the purchasers of this game.
I find it troubling when developers come directly to players with comments etc. As a consumer who is spending my hard earned money, comments like please do not judge us harshly it is our first project, just do not fly.

When I go into a store and purchase a product, I do not give a fig if it is a new company or brand. When I lay down money at cash register and get it home, I have the basic expectation the dang thing will work.

I am not buying this game.........not b/c I had a problem but basically did not grab me in trial version. Tried to like but just could not.

That is this fishies point of view. Have a great day fellow fishies!

posted in Twisted: A Haunted Carol on Dec 7, 10 10:17 AM
As far as any game goes, ALL CANADIANS!!!!!!!!!!!! should be purchasing in US funds only. We are almost par with US dollars and have not been even close to the 7.49 cdn they are pedalling to us. Never once has my cc done a conversion even close to equalling 7.49.
Do not care what site does....started in US funds way back when I joined and will continue using US funds. Nuts to paying 7.49. cdn.

posted in Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium on Nov 27, 10 1:05 PM
I downloaded and redownloaded this game, and changed profiles. Dumped cookies cache temp files etc etc.......rebooted all to have the same problem of floating cursor and things taking forever to pop up...hidden objects not even moving after taking forever to get listed. The whole game was fine and running smoothly till I needed to use the cursor....from there it was **ll and even worse with **** list. Went to original cursor not game one.....no change.
My puter is less than a year old and runs Windows 7 prem home edition. Since I did CE of this game with no problems, I have to assume it is the game with the problem. Too bad, I was waiting and hoping this would come out soon......but yet again technical issue. Will it ever end I ask?????
Thank god I did not just buy it outright! Dodged a bullet there. lol

I finally broke down and bought this CE and Sherlock Holmes at new prices of 13.99.
This game was suppperrrrrrrrrrb and certainly lengthy enough to warrant CE status. Finished it somewhere 12 hours and I am what I would call a mid speed player with alot of experience.
The step by step guide was excellent if you got off track in finding where to go next.
I had never bought CE's before and found this and Sherlock both excellent buys for time and length etc. Also factored in 2 purchases of CE at 13.99 in one month equaled one game credit for dec. So for me the enjoyment of both, and length of both made me feel like I got excellent value for money.
Would recommend this and Sherlock Homes CE to everyone.
A big 5 s for me!!
Enjoy all.

doctorgood wrote:
peglegann wrote:
doctorgood wrote:
adrienne1 wrote:Hi guys.

Pleeeeease can we sign a petition to be able to use two credits for a CE. There are so many of them nowadays and I, like loads of others just can't afford many of them (state pensioner). I really don't see what difference it will make to BFG.

I'm right there with you!!! I heard a rumor about it happening in the future. I have a great idea, how about it happening in the present! I'm sick and tired of embarrassing myself by buying CES when I have 3 credits and 50 or so unfinished games!! Okay,I admit it. I'm a shopaholic hoarder!! I'm so ashamed. ....Now, since I got paid yesterday, I'm off to download the trial..........and probably succumb to my affliction.
Dr.good
p.s. would anyone care to sublet half a tent to me.

I think it may be a marquee so I could rent you a corner, will that do?
ETA. Everyone bring a laptop with them. I think I have a new business. Only a few pence/cents per space.

You People in the U.K. with your hoity toity words! I had to go look-up "marquee". Dumb me! I thought it was a lighted sign over the entrance to a movie theatre.
Dr.good
I agree with petition and also encourage folks to write to BFG individually as I did just now to address number of CE;s, price and now increased costs again of CE of and DD.....hope some other folks do to.

p.s yes,that would be just peachy!

addictedtofish wrote:Another CE - how many do they think we can buy in a month. It seems to me that all adventure hog games now start as CEs. I agree with a post on another forum - we hog addicts are being penalised - I presume we are the majority game players - supply and demand etc. We need to be strong together and refuse to buy them before they stop.
Review on this game - scenes are quite dark making some items difficult to see - also, was it just me, or did it take forever to move from one scene to another. Adds so much extra time to the game making it seem like a longer game than it is. Didn't look at SG so not sure how long it would take. Otherwise this is just the sort of game I love to play but will wait for SE.

I totally agree with you and refusing to buy CE. It seems BFG is putting one CE after the other which equals long stretches between hog ihog etc...

I think we should all rethink this before we keep spending the extra bux for CE. Only way to stop it is don't buy till SE.
Also agree graphics dark etc.....no buy here for sure till SE at least. Enough is Enough.

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Void on Nov 13, 10 9:58 AM
To those stuck in hidden object and can't get out. I bought the dang game and 2 minutes after that I too got stuck in **** game.......have been playing these games forever and there is just no arrows on my game either. I have uninstalled reinstalled 3 times, started over and same thing. Changed my screen resolution a number of ways to try to get it to shrink.......no help. I also unclicked the option of screen to go to windows mode.
After spending an entire evening trying to fix this I have sent a tix to Help Desk and told them I was not impressed with hitting buy then getting stuck 2 minutes later.
I really really wished they would take the time to ensure no glitches cos on several game forums there seems to be alot lately.
Just wanted to let you guys know that are also having a problem with **** scene.
Hope I get some info soon and a fix from Help desk.
Just wanted to let you folks know who are having same problem so you do not frustrate yourselves like I did. If I get a solution in the meantime from Help will post it here.
PS the ***** are not bleeped swear words.......it is hidden object which seems to be banned word in short form.

posted in Downtown Secrets on Nov 8, 10 1:58 PM
CasualGran wrote:
govegril wrote:
CasualGran wrote:
Isn't anybody else bothered by the windowed screen of this game?

Hi Casual Gran

Go into options and toggle the widow/fulll screen setting - or just hit Alt-Enter!

Thanks very much for trying to help me But unfortunately 'full screen' in the options menu produces windowed screen on my LCD monitor. Alt-Enter doesn't work either. Oh well.... maybe it's got to do with my system. I use Windows 7 64 bit and as it seems some games aren't made for that.

Hi Gran
I too run windows 7 64 bit and had your problem for quite awhile......there is a help section here on BFG which tells you how to fix the problem. There are also additional help avail at Windows site for games in Windows 7 64 bit.
When I open game and it has the borders and options say full screen.......I often have had to unclick that option and it goes full screen. This has been the case since I modified screen resolution on puter manually. The recommended resolution is avail in help section here on BFG. If this is a bit confusing, send a ticket to help desk here and they may be able to help you step by step. I sometimes do not explain things well. Hope this helps Gran, cause until I could get this to work right was so so frustrating on games.

posted in Mystery Age: The Dark Priests on Nov 7, 10 11:42 AM
pvsquare wrote:I am a great HOG fan but I wonder if BF is going to have any more male heros?

I think BF games is just keeping it as true to life as possible!!! lololol!!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator