Posts created by Lassie1952

posted in Lost Lagoon 2: Cursed & Forgotten on Dec 31, 11 8:08 PM
I was enjoying the game, but soon after exploring the cave I started to get error messages that shut down the game. Can't play it.

posted in Dracula: Love Kills on Jul 26, 11 11:54 AM
dokken117 wrote:Well, I'm going out on a long, thin limb here, and hope I don't offend anybody. I can usually get along with vampire games, but when I'm asked to get rid of crosses (probably by using something evil), I just find that distasteful. Had to stop the game right there.

I understand if others don't feel the same way; we're all privileged to have our likes and dislikes, but since we're (rightfully) offended by attacks at ethnicity, I think it's okay to take exception to attacks at fundamental beliefs.

Hope you don't get mad, and wish you all a great day.

I thought you said that as nicely as you could--all opinions should be welcome. I agree with you. And often, it's offensive to some and not necessary to the game. It doesn't hurt to remind developers that everyone doesn't take these things lightly.

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition on Jul 13, 11 7:12 PM
I am also getting the pop up error messages, which are easily resolved by clicking ok, but now I also have the fog returned mid game, cutting off access to areas I have already played and need to return to.
Everything went smoothly until now, and it is a great game, but of course, like everyone else, I'm hoping there will be a fix soon, since this is a CE. It does not sound like uninstalling and reinstalling will help.

posted in The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship on Apr 11, 11 8:29 PM
I used the Game Manager Option to update and the hint system still doesn't work and I'm stuck.

posted in The Stroke of Midnight on Jan 21, 11 8:04 AM
hd2222 wrote:Oh-h-h no!!! Curser is slow and jerky, took awhile to progress from the initial screen to the intro containing PLAY, EXIT, OPTIONS etc. Then, when game finally started, I had several small, medium and large "white areas" scattered throughout the scene. Obviously I elected to terminate the game as I anticipate things only becoming worse, or simply not playable. Anyone else experiencing this problem? SO discouraged ................... again.

Yes the same thing happened with me. Such a shame because this seems to be a really interesting and creative game!

posted in Crossworlds: The Flying City on Jan 12, 11 11:36 AM
I got it! And now I'm in swampland! If anyone has the same situation, I just kept taking the last key to the door until it landed. The game likes to insult you when you are in the right place with the right stuff but its a bit touchy about hitting just the right spot!
Thanks! So glad I didn't have to start over!

posted in Crossworlds: The Flying City on Jan 12, 11 11:16 AM
Thanks for replying! I no longer get the puzzle gears when I run mouse over the door. Two keys in, one that won't stick. I'll keep trying. (I know its the right key, its not the car key)
Anyone else out there have the same problem? I didn't insert them in numerical order--wasn't paying attention. If I can't make it work, I'll start over.
Thanks again!

posted in Crossworlds: The Flying City on Jan 12, 11 8:23 AM
Help please! I found the 3 keys and need to enter the door in Robo HQ where I will insert the disk. Exactly where do the 3 keys go? I placed two of them (in the vertical area), but can seem to stick the 3rd one in.
Did they need to go in a certain order? Can't get the two back out to start over.
After getting so far I'm stuck!

On the demo I also have a major lag problem, and the cursor is draggy. I have an older computer, but i keep it updated and cleaned out. It's amazing how some large file games run flawlessly and others have this problem.

I would have probably bought this game, but cannot until the lag problem is solved.

lovely62 wrote:I get a lot of lag, does anyone else have this problem?? if so what did you do to make it run better???I did reinstall the game..thinking that might help..
thank you BFG..

posted in Haunted Hotel: Lonely Dream on Aug 28, 10 11:39 AM
When I plugged in the steaming kettle, I truly did not see any numbers appear in the mirror which is the code needed to open the wooden box.
Is it me or my computer?
Anyone else experience that? I went to the walkthru to get the code.

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven on Aug 22, 10 6:13 AM
Exactly! Is there any hope? Why oh why didn't they put a skip option here!

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven on Aug 21, 10 9:40 PM
Argh, I read the answers, and I still can't open the safe. I have the sound turned up and the music turned down, I don't hear any clicks no matter what I do. Can anyone give me a walk thru on this?
I know the code is 4172.
Please help

posted in Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate on Aug 9, 10 4:31 PM
When I get to what should be the big finish, (entering the clown face door) the game freezes and I get an error message I have never seen before. My computer is older and has ram problems sometimes, but I can usually play any game.

I am going to contact tech assistance about the following error message in case there is any hope, because I really have enjoyed the game:
Panic Error in file " /platforms/win32/win32texture.cpp", line 178: Failed to create Direct 3D texture: not enough memory

I wish these games wouldn't get so jazzy that the older machines can't handle them!

I LOVE this game, but as others have mentioned, I don't have the RAM for the unwanted Collectors frills, so i will have to wait.
It is wonderful to built in walk thrus, wish that would become more standard, but if only BF would allow us to choose not to download wallpapers and stuff, maybe even for 15 instead of 20 bucks. I would be sorely tempted!!!! Sigh, will have to wait.....
GREAT GAME!!!!

posted in Vault Cracker on Jul 10, 10 8:00 AM
I'm having the same problem with the error messages as reported here. I was going to buy the game because I liked it, but now I can't. Hope you get a fix for this.
Thanks

posted in Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates on Jun 5, 10 2:08 PM
An absolute delight! Clever, funny, creative, fresh--I love the style and pace of this game. Outstanding!!! Would love more like this.

posted in PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™ on Oct 1, 09 3:43 PM
I love it, one the best lately. Too bad it sounds like it is too short, but thanks for this one!!!Nicely done!!!

posted in Margrave Manor 2: The Lost Ship on Jun 28, 09 9:21 PM
Thanks! As soon as a fix comes out, I'm ready to buy!

posted in Margrave Manor 2: The Lost Ship on Jun 27, 09 3:15 PM
Hi! I've been waiting for the next Margrave Manor! I want so much to buy but also experiencing some flukey stuff. The first "find the difference" or split screen is not letting me select some items, e.g. the crowbar, blackboard, doll.
At times the graphics look jumbled --actually cut up into peices or for example a patch of water showing up on a trunk or something.

Oh! I so hope BF will issue a corrected version! I can't wait! Any news?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator