Posts created by coffeemom2

posted in 5 Star Rio Resort on Apr 7, 18 7:32 AM
So, are we going to get 5 Star Hawaii soon? I saw BFG posted a video for upcoming games some time ago, but it still hasn't been released. Waiting not so patiently................

posted in Clutter V: Welcome to Clutterville on Mar 31, 18 5:38 AM
Help! I cannot get the letters or puzzles pieces to show up in my clutter piles. I have the coins, but no matter which option boxes I tick or untick, the other pieces are not there. I am playing the Silver level right now. Is it possible they are not included in that level?

posted in Hiddenverse: The Iron Tower on Mar 30, 18 6:01 AM
I have purchased two games in this series and both have had a problem with the curser lagging, being inconsistent and unresponsive. A real problem when you are playing with a timer. I just tried this one and have the same issue. It is such a shame because I really like these games but I won't purchase another. Just way too frustrating.

posted in Spirit of the Ancient Forest on Feb 28, 18 4:35 PM
I'm having a problem with the cursor being semi-unresponsive. I sometimes need to click on an item two or three times to remove it. It's inaccurate as well, meaning that I click on something and another object close to it moves. It lags too, which makes it very difficult to match things quickly. It makes finishing in the allotted time next to impossible and is very frustrating. I own a similar game from this developer and have had the same issues. I do not have mouse issues with any other games. It's become so frustrating that I cannot finish the game. It's a shame, because I really like these games and would purchase the rest of them in the series if this mouse thing were not an issue.

posted in Clutter Infinity: Joe's Ultimate Quest on Feb 1, 18 7:11 AM
I'm a little late to the party here, but I've just discovered this game. Love it! But can anyone tell me how to earn more hints? I find all the letters and tiles ( no coins - are there supposed to be coins?), but I do not seem to earn any hints. Thanks for any help

posted in Katy and Bob: Safari Cafe Collector's Edition on Dec 3, 17 3:40 AM
It's been over two months since the CE came out. Will there ever be an SE? The game is really not CE worthy and I almost even hate to waste a BOGO on this, but I do like the game - just not enough to pay CE price.

posted in 5 Star Rio Resort on Nov 28, 17 6:39 AM
Ker72 wrote:Hi coffeemom2,

we are happy to hear that you really enjoyed the game. Yes, Lucy mentioned a sequel. And we are currently working hard on it and hope to be able to publish it soon on Bigfishgames.

Good news! Thanks for your reply.

posted in Rory's Restaurant Origins on Nov 15, 17 2:14 PM
Same problem

posted in Rory's Restaurant Origins on Nov 15, 17 9:52 AM
This game is billed as a Match 3, although I've played all but 7 minutes of the demo and have only come across one match 3 scene. The rest of the demo consisted of Hidden Object/TM, finding ingredients for a recipe to serve various customers. There are bonus gold coins to find, hidden logos and snowflakes. There were two TM cupcake scenes where you create and serve cupcakes to customers. You earn money to buy items and fix up a little restaurant.

Some of the items to find are very ambiguous or similar looking and I had a hard time identifying a few. For instance, there are a lot of herbs and it's very hard to distinguish between the thyme, dill, chopped chives, etc. Also things like yeast, cream cheese and sour cream look almost identical. You learn as you go along, when they ask for pepper, they want a pepper mill, not the shaker of black pepper. And these are not to be confused with bell pepper or chili pepper. Until you become familiar with what all the items look like (or what they ARE in some instances), you will lose some time in the first chapters.

As Julesy noted, there is an awful lot of inane dialogue and instruction. Hoping the tutorial will fade away further along in the game. There also doesn't appear to be a way to go back and play a level once you have completed it.

In spite of all this, I did like this game and will probably use a PCC to buy it. I do prefer the HO/TM so I will wait for more comments to see if it does turn out to be predominantly Match 3.

posted in Witch's Tales on Nov 8, 17 3:03 PM
I'm having a mouse problem too (at least I think that might be it). The custom cursor feels like it's moving through molasses so I changed it and that worked, but when I click on an item there is often no response. I sometimes have to click two or three times to get an item to disappear. And as Kafinkee pointed out, this is a disadvantage when playing a game with a timer.

Other than this issue, the game is working great for me. I am on my second go-round now, trying to complete all the levels without using any hints. But with all the extra time I spend click, click, clicking to get it to react, it's pretty challenging.

posted in Witch's Tales on Oct 31, 17 5:17 PM
goodyear1998 wrote:hi coffeemom2...I'm sure this is by the same developer.
I bought this game am enjoying it.

Thank you for your response! I have been waiting for some reviews or feedback, but I played the demo and it worked fine and I enjoyed it, so if you like it also, it's a buy for me!

posted in Witch's Tales on Oct 31, 17 12:21 PM
Is this the same developer that gave us Witch's Pranks? I will probably buy it just for the artwork.

posted in Pirate Chronicles Collector's Edition on Oct 27, 17 7:53 AM
I'm waiting too! Any news?

posted in Halloween Stories: Invitation Collector's Edition on Oct 12, 17 6:42 AM
I've only played about fifteen minutes, but how much fun is this game??!! So amusing trying to hide in the parlor, and those creepy pumpkins are a hoot. The HOGs so far are not necessarily anything different, but are well done and creative. This will be an instant purchase for me and I am looking forward to playing the rest of the game.

Frankly, I'm happy to have the chance to spend a few of my GCC's which have been building up. Over the past year or more, I've found very few games I felt were worth spending them on. I always buy the Christmas Story games and I hope the Halloween series will continue as well. Thank you to the developers for bringing this one to us.

posted in Cursed House 4 on Oct 3, 17 5:45 AM
FRHgames wrote:No, developers are the same

Ah, thank you for replying so quickly! I do enjoy the games, but the last two just seem so similar to every other Match 3. The first two were unique. If there is a 5, would you consider bringing back the style of the first two? There is nothing else like that out there!

posted in Cursed House 4 on Oct 2, 17 5:11 PM
I have just re-played Cursed House 1 & 2, and they are entirely different games than 3 & 4. Did the developers change? They don't even seem like they are the same series. What happened?

posted in MatchVentures on Sep 25, 17 3:50 PM
Gosh, I REALLY wanted to love (buy) this game. And I do, but the visual clarity is just not there for me. Someone else's review talked about it having "bright clear visuals" but I am just not finding that. Maybe it's me. But the color distinction is not good, and the graphics are not nearly as sharp, clear and colorful as they were in Runestone and Silvertale. I'm spending a lot of time squinting and trying to distinguish between different tiles. Got a headache!

posted in 5 Star Rio Resort on Sep 23, 17 3:55 PM
I enjoyed this game immensely, and just finished playing for the 2nd time. I did not think I would like it, as I never buy limited moves games, but I found that the "casual" setting offered more than enough turns to finish except for a few of the levels. However, I enjoyed playing those levels several times in order to move on. There is an unlimited moves setting but I actually did not want or need to use that. I also discovered how to stockpile the power-ups to use on the more challenging levels

At the end of the game Lucy (I think) mentions a sequel. If the developers are participating in this forum, can you give us an idea when/if this will be released?

Thank you!

posted in Lost Artifacts: Golden Island Collector's Edition on Sep 19, 17 5:43 AM
I agree.

What is so special about this game that it qualifies as a CE? Like the first game in this series, it is barely worthy of an SE. This is just plain greed in my opinion.

Whatever has happened to the quality games BFG used to offer?

posted in Claws & Feathers 2 on Jul 14, 17 8:11 AM
Ah, yes, thank you Adept Studios! Looking forward to adding this one to my collection.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator