Posts created by vicalana

Totally agree. I loved the first Mystery Trackers because they were so innovative. But now it's same old. I deleted when I had to find an amulet for the lock. And I don't like the helpers either, but always had a soft spot for elf.

posted in Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition on Mar 5, 17 6:19 AM
Totally agree, bribling! Love this series. It's bright and colourful. The music is fantastic. And no stupid amulets/red eyes/rusty latches/broken zips/black smoke. Loving it!

posted in Maze: The Broken Tower Collector's Edition on Oct 9, 16 9:52 AM
This is an amazing game - so different - so innovative. I agree with the others: the subject matter is so dreary and depressing. But I bought it because at last we have something different. The puzzles are creative. And yes, I do so miss the 'dream day' and agatha christie' series. I would love to see a heart-warming, gentle game again. But kudos to the developers. Serious effort has gone into this and it pays off.

violet922 wrote:I'm glad to see another Emily game! I love time management games, but not all types.

I checked on the website where these games are made and there are at least 6 Emily games that have not been offered by Big Fish. Plus another Angela game and a new game featuring Heart Medicine which I loved. So I hope Big Fish is planning to bring all of these games in for our purchase. I like hidden object games too, but the themes around 80% of them are doom and gloom and are dark-minded. I want light, airy and fun! Life itself has enough darkness and gloom. When I play my games, I want something that will divert my mind towards a happy place, even if it is make-believe. So Big Fish, I hope you're reading and listening!

Totally agree! I never used to play many time management but these games are delightful. Sick of the red eyes, smoke and rusty locks!!

posted in Surface: Lost Tales Collector's Edition on Jun 23, 16 1:25 PM
Totally agree!

posted in Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition on Apr 28, 16 7:42 AM
FINALLY got it to download. It's not a bad game, but relax fellow fishies - it's far too silly to continue. You ain't missed anything.xxx

posted in Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition on Apr 24, 16 12:37 AM
kesabeth wrote:I'm also getting the access violation message - game won't open at all, I'm also on Windows 10.

[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition on Apr 23, 16 9:20 AM
I'm on a mac. Takes ages to download and then I get the error message. Giving up.

posted in Phantasmat: Town of Lost Hope Collector's Edition on Apr 10, 16 6:57 AM
Totally agree shorenuf!!!!

posted in Cadenza: Havana Nights Collector's Edition on Mar 20, 16 5:10 AM
bribling wrote:I am still playing so I am not sure if I will consider it "short". Whatever the case, I do love this series. It has beautiful art, good music (I've heard it in the other games though), lots of puzzles that are neither too hard nor too easy (IMO). A good story with a location I have not seen in other games not of this series. There is so little that I do not like that those things are not really worth mentioning and a few are my own stupidity (oops).

This is a good game for those who enjoy lots of puzzles and exotic locations. The puzzles are not difficult so that may be a disappointment for major puzzle lovers. Some are puzzles we have played before but that is not necessarily a bad thing. I am enjoying the game and if it ends in the next 15 min. making it very "short" I will still have enjoyed myself. Thanks Devs for another good game!

Yes it is short, but I agree - it's so warm and beautiful and relaxing. Some different puzzles. A welcome change - very refreshing!

posted in Punished Talents: Stolen Awards Collector's Edition on Mar 9, 16 12:17 PM
shelterhill wrote:I played the demo for 20 minutes, another locked door, safe, clock.... Can't these people think of something new for a change, or at least once give me door I can just go through..
I was hoping for a good game.
No such luck, so replaying Nearwood at the moment and loving it

Me too!

9otters wrote:Purchased after playing the demo, and I have to say I'm disappointed. The "weirdness" that I liked turned into the "same old thing". Pretty simple and no play beyond a couple of scenes at a time. Finish one...move on to another.

There IS a game gimmick, but it has NO annoying mini-game attached, and it is important to the story.

According to the achievements page, there is a trophy for completing all the SUPER-PUZZLES w/o hints. Looks like they're calling ALL the puzzles "super-puzzles". There will be 23 of them.

Another trophy for using no hints in 19 HOPs. There are morphing objects in the HOPs that turn into gems, when collected. In the extras, the gems are added to a clock, which opens an additional HOP. There is an opportunity to get the ones we miss in the extras.

Collectibles are 42 hearts...no "helping hand" shows up, so it is a TRUE hunt. I found some to be obvious...and some that weren't. A heart icon by the hint button tells you if you got it. Again, cannot tell if there will be a chance to go back if we miss some.

Strategy guide, bonus game, and the usual CE stuff. I saw NO replay of puzzles or HOPs. At this point, I don't know if I'll even finish it. If the sale had not been so good for Game Club members, I'd be TOTALLY miffed. It is like playing a different game, AFTER the demo.

Playing on a PC, Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit...NO issues.

Totally agree. I thought it would be quirky and a bit different, but after the demo, it's the same old stuff. I was very bored by the end and I'm actually not bothering with the bonus game, which is the only reason I buy a CE anyway.

heleanthia wrote:
krinneyd wrote:This is not a review so much as a post to voice my extreme frustration that there is no diary/journal in this game! there have been several items that when I clicked on them to read...they disappeared, no where to be found!! The diary has been a 'key' element in all of the MCF Ravenhurst games.....it bothers me to no end! Although I really wanted to like this version of Eipix, really I did...that one missing element makes it so disappointing for me. There are very few games where the journal/diary is integral to the game play and Ravenhurst is most definitely one of them...MCF Fates Carnival's diary was absolutely essential to the game. I think it's the part I liked the most. If you were uncertain or wanted to review you had something to go back to. grrrrrr.....it has spoiled the game for me.

Exactly. *sigh* ....the journal was an integral part. It made us, the players, feel as though we WERE the detective or at least a valuable aid to the detective. too....

Totally agree with that.

BUT as a player that so looked forward to MCF every year - I have them all - I remember looking at all the photos of the 13th Skull launch party - ah the good old days - this game is very, very good. I agree with the MCF fans - it's not on a par with RTR or Dire Grove - but it is still a very good game. I like the little Ravenhearst touches. I have bought a few Eipix games in the past but don't bother anymore because I feel they have become cookie cutter games. And like others, I am getting tired of the same old HOPA games. This is a cut above. Congrats to the developers! And enjoy!

posted in Fear for Sale: Endless Voyage on May 12, 15 7:35 AM
Radgame wrote:The ghost ship idea was well-done w/o any gimmicks. Overall, a nice & not-too-edgy adventure based on solid game play.

Based on completed CE review:
WIN 7 HP 64B & played on 42" TV via HDMI

Finally, an all-round game; entertaining and fun for all levels of players. A lengthy main game (I played over 3 days) - will be a superb SE w/ a conclusive ending.

A cool story w/ characters that didn't ever overpower game play. Tasks flow so well even w/ lots of back-and-forth. Clear, colourful graphics (superb on large screen), just-right cut-scenes, good VOs & music. HOPs (had to switch back to laptop) were replayed 2-3 times and weren't easy - at times, I switched to jigsaw mode; also fun. Mini-games & puzzles had so much variety w/ diff. levels of challenge.

Only (-)ves: 5 sec. blank screen to load during zoom in/ out of mini-games & between locations and a picky cursor.

These Devs. are masters at creating a good, fun balance of all elements. Kudos!

Totally agree. I rarely buy games these days cos been there, done that, and I do feel the games I have are so brill I don't need poor quality second-raters: find the key/oil the lock etc . This game is superb. Thoroughly enjoying it.

sea_maid wrote:Really wish I could recomment this.

The graphics are very sharp, the game does have a bunch of extras, but that can't compensate for the bland story. Unfortunately, this installment of the Christmas Stories is a rehash of the first Christmas Stories (The Nutcracker), but without the charm and originality of that one. It's basically the same story, with the Baron replacing the Rat King as the villain. Whereas the first one did a twist on the Nutcracker story, and was unique for that, this one just retreads the same ground as the first one (and many of the graphics aren't as impressive as that one, especially the castle). Not to mention the reuse of the Nutcracker music (they could have at least done a different soundtrack for this one). IMO, if the story had been made as a twist on the Tin Solder instead of a remake of the Nutcracker, it would have been much better. As it is, I can only recommend it because of all that the CE has in this installment. If you don't mind a retread of the first one, go ahead, but otherwise, steer clear of it.

Ditto

I am so sorry. I assume BFG are looking for bigger fish to fry. The launch of any MCF game was the highlight of the year. Not any more. It's not a bad game. But I come back and to to it. Usual MCF games I was glued to my computer. Not this one.

posted in Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle Collector's Edition on Sep 8, 14 7:12 AM
FORTUNATUS wrote:Absolutely AMAZING game.... loved every single aspect of this game [tho faux pas respectfully noted, Brits].

Exceptionally talented developers have created a beautiful game in every respect... the storyline was well thought out and engrossing; the music was wonderful; graphics were just SO beautiful and very well detailed* and the whole game had a depth which gave it a quality we seldom experience lately.

* oh and I loved the special effects both in HOPA/HOG as well as general scenes which were all so well done yet in a subtle way that it was waaay creepier than most games because the elements were unexpected and very appropriate to the scenes and storyline.

An absolute must have and recommendation without reservations!!

LOVE IT ~~ thank you devs & BFG... please PLEASE bring us more of these quality game productions!!!

Totally agree. As one who loves HO/HOPA games but is seriously getting tired of smoke/red eyes/unlock the gate/oil the latch stuff - nobody's fault - it's just getting very old - this game is an absolute treat.

posted in Sable Maze: Forbidden Garden Collector's Edition on Jul 25, 14 12:48 PM
sunnyglow wrote:SUGAR ALERT: PLAYING THIS GAME CAN BE HARD TO SINK YOUR TEETH INTO!

Once upon a time, in a pond far away, lived the wizard fish of BF who provided such wondrous, exciting games full of marvel and puzzle delights. They stimulated the minds and brought a bright ray of enjoyment into the wretched lives of the humble folk who worked in dreary shops and factories across the land. Then, one day it happened! A villain, CUTESY, entered this magical kingdom. Now CUTESY was no ordinary villain. Looking like an angel, but being vampire in disguise, it zapped the lifeblood out of all of the games at BF. There arose myriads of GAME HELPERS - first animals - then other creatures which needed to be fed, housed, and required so much attention that the games lost their entertainment value. Eventually, CUTESY destroyed the creative genius of the devs transforming them into crazed, FORMULA ROBOTONS churning out one mindless game after another at lightning speed . What is the future for this kingdom?

Feel like a five-year old? Maybe this example can best illustrate how some of feel about the evolution of games on this site. Most of us are tired of CUTESY. There is a section for children's games - so please create games for your adult fish. Second, PLEASE STOP USING HELPERS! I believe a survey would prove most dislike having "helpers" for the games. There are various opinions of what users like on this site. Since there are two CE games per week - what if one day was devoted to harder adventure games for those of us who are STARVING for them and one day of the week for the easier games for those who like these types of games? I am still a big BF supporter and haven't vanished into the " Hot Vapor" as yet, but games like this one are becoming the norm now and this is unsettling. They are not "steaming" with excitement and are being "watered" down into a stagnant pool of repetition and mediocrity.

This game? The graphics are beautiful. Your dad looks like the Elf King from the Hobbit. The music is okay. The puzzles are boring and way too easy for an adult game site. Ditto for the the HOP scenes. And guess what? You even get to "colour" in this game Maybe there will be nap time and cookies. This game is not an adult game. The storyline is inane. I RATE THIS GAME 2 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS. It will NEVER be purchased by me. BTW- check out our PixIES.They are one of your most innovative game developers. Why do w

posted in Sharpe Investigations: Death on the Seine on Jul 16, 14 10:14 AM
Well worth the sale today. But be warned. It is very short.

I was disappointed. I've bought the others and replayed them. But not this one. And the ending was totally abrupt. And I objected to the fun-loving rat - was that supposed to amuse us?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator