Posts created by ChesterPepper79

posted in Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics on Jul 2, 12 11:24 PM
I really liked this game. I stopped my demo 20 minutes in to buy it so I wouldn't be interrupted later when my demo ended.

The Good
- Great length and difficulty.
- The theme allowed for a variety of food options and challenges, which kept the game from becoming stale.

The Bad(-ish)
- The story is very standard, but you can skip it or read it at your own pace, so it doesn't interfere much with the game.
- I was surprised that the food options didn't change as the restaurants opened in other countries. Again, not a deal-breaker, but it was a little distracting to me.
- I also felt that sometimes it was difficult to move employees. You had to place them with a bit of precision which was extremely aggravating during a rush. (But since I've yet to see anyone else comment on this, maybe it's just me.)

Overall: B+ ... Super entertaining with cute surprises and good replay value.

posted in Battle Slots on Jan 5, 12 2:12 AM
I'm downloading the full version of the game now, so I only have a tentative review, but so far I really, really like it. It's been a long time since I bought a game, even though I've demoed about 4 in the last 24 hours, but I knew I was going to get this one after just a few minutes.

The combination of slots and strategy is quite intriguing, and since I've never played a game like this before, I welcome this unique challenge.

My only complaint so far is that I didn't realize that it was a half download to demo, and I'm just aching for the whole game to download so I can continue playing.

So far: B+ ... A super fun slot game that caters to strategists and adventurers.

posted in Cake Shop 2 on Jan 4, 12 3:45 PM
This game reminded me a lot of Burger Shop, which is too bad because Burger Shop (2, specifically) is my idea of "The Perfect Game."

Cake Shop 2 did nothing better than Burger Shop. It wasn't as cute, colorful, or fun. While it surely would have been a better trial if I hadn't been making comparisons the whole time, I just couldn't help myself. It was similar enough to warrant those comparisons and ultimately resulted in me uninstalling CS before the hour was up so I could replay BS2 for the 100th time.

Overall: B- ... Burgers are more delicious than Cake.

Hi Fre2bme!

Take a look at the heights on the toe tags in the morgue and use them to find specific letters on the eye chart. The five letters will spell out the word that you'll need to punch into the tablet at the nurse's station.

Good luck!!!

Hey jslora!

You'll probably get a more helpful answer by contacting customer support. Just click the green envelope on the right hand side of the screen. They're extremely helpful!

Good luck!!!

Hey Abriela!

This might sound like a stupid question, but have you been under the stairs and opened the journal where it says to cut the nose hairs? This task needs to be activated before it can be performed.

Hey Barbaro!

You can break into the cottage with the crowbar.

Good luck!!!

Hey, I8nytsimmer!

The larger file games don't promise an hour demo and instead offer a "sample" which allows you to play until you reach a pre-determined point. This keeps players from having to download the entire game, which can take hours, just to demo it. (That's why your download went to smoothly).

Happy Gaming!

Welcome to the pond, czechsmix!

The last red pill is by the X-Ray machine (which is to the left of the eye chart).

Good luck!!!

Hey, ilovegames! Welcome to the pond!

In the room under the stairs, you can grab a clothes hanger. Take it to the bathroom to unclog the bathtub's drain. When the water clears, you'll be able to grab the nail clippers.

Good luck!!

Hey Bellstaceaaaaa!

The "mother's leavings" jar is next to the pie. Once you put the clippings and whatnot in the jar, the dumbwaiter will open.

The nurse's door token matches a video monitor from later in the game.

Good luck!

I think that was from one of the speakers. If it wasn't the one outside of the house, try the one outside of the hospital.

Good luck!!!

Hey mairead91! Welcome to the pond!

Since the rabbit is part of the bonus features, it doesn't have any bearing on getting the generator to work. You can simply skip the rabbit head and you'll still be able to successfully complete the game.

To get the rabbit head, first make sure you're playing the Collector's Edition. ... I got this to work by turning up the volume a bit and hitting different parts of the head. When you find the sweet spot, you'll hear more of a chipping sound than the incorrect cling. You have to hit this spot 10x for the head to fall off.

Good luck!!!!

Hey rhonda!

The chest is on the floor when you first enter the lighthouse. The code for the chest's lock is on the table across the room.

Good luck!!!

Hi rainingreality!

SPOILERS: The last two HOGs are similar to the one that was in the waiting room at the hospital. They each involve an unidentified character, who may come into play in a future installment. /END SPOILERS

You can probably search for the list of morphing objects. I know there were a few threads made about them.

Happy Gaming!

Hey, gayle!

If the technical thread at the top of the forum isn't any help, your best bet is to contact customer support by clicking the on the right side of the page. They'll be able to help you or give you your credit back.

Good luck!

Hi, Iloveboober!

You get back to the cottage by going through the manhole in the asylum's courtyard ... You'll have to freeze it, then smash it to get through, then use your pick ax to break away the rocks to access the tunnel back to the manor's property.

Good luck!

Welcome to the pond, MissFudd!

The match quest was actually the door tokens. Those won't be in the standard version of the game.

There are also morphic objects found throughout the case book (that's what the orange and yellow tabs, were for, if you wondered). Once you find all of these, you'll be rewarded with the 2 new hidden object scenes.

You can go into the player ID you used to win the game, that will give you access to the case book.

Happy Gaming!

Hi lovesgame! Welcome to the pond!!!

To get the gate open, you'll have to re-arrange the babies so they're more comfortable. You can ... um ... learn more about the babies by X-Raying them.

Don't worry about the key from the heart monitor, it'll be easier to get a bit later.

Good luck!!!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Nov 28, 11 4:28 PM
Hi susieqsusie!!!

The carjack is is locked in the trunk of the car. You need to use the numbers on the license plate to open the glove compartment, and the key in the glove compartment to open the trunk.

Good luck!!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator