Posts created by chadilia

posted in Nancy Drew: The Trail of the Twister on May 26, 11 5:46 PM
Many of these Nancy Drew games are very well made with great stories, but I will be twice as likely to buy if the developers let us SKIP through the long dialogue! (Line by line, I mean, so you don't have to hear it all spoken out loud.) It would also be nice to be able to skip some of the really long minigames. Gotta love the high quality of these games in general, though.

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on May 26, 11 5:34 PM
The one sound I didn't like in the game was the darn buzzing
Best way to play this game is to train your kids to catch all the bugs for you. They can just keep catching bugs while you play.
Good tip with YouTube, and yes, the walkthrough on the other popular site is VERY helpful.

posted in The Fool on May 26, 11 5:22 PM
kerith90angel wrote:

What other games were made by the makers of The Fool?

They made the Pirates of the Caribbean game too - I really liked the silliness/quirkiness of that one, and found I was really tickled by "the Fool" as well! Great game!

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on May 26, 11 5:14 PM
No "reviews and comments" thread?
Well I just wanted to say that this game is a breath of fresh air! It's like opening up a storybook when you first start playing - brings back nice memories It has cute, non-obtrusive music and adorable quirky graphics. I was getting sick of the constant "dark and gloomy" on BFG so it was wonderful playing this one.

It's very different from your standard HOG for sure - in some ways good, and in some ways bad. The main con I had with this game was that when you get stuck finding something, in order to use the hint button, you have to click on a zillion little bugs that are flying around - that's what recharges your hint button. It got really tedious doing this over and over - felt like I was getting tendonitus. I also wish there were more instructions - every time you open up a mini game, you have to figure out how to play on your own. Wish there could have been hints there. Luckily I found a walkthrough online, and that saved me.

Overall I give this game a big thumbs up, mostly for its originality.

posted in Eternal Night: Realm of Souls on May 26, 11 5:04 PM
I don't get why no one else seems to be complaining about this - but didn't it feel like you HAVE to use the hints to know what to do at all? I felt like this game really wasn't fair. I gave up playing after 20 minutes because we pretty much had to read the developer's mind to figure out what our objectives were. The hints weren't even hints - they were OBJECTIVES. That seems really wrong to me! (I do agree that many of the puzzles were really nicely done and clever - but I couldn't get past the hidden objects.)

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Mar 15, 11 1:02 AM
jcballar wrote:Since this thread was started by BFG asking for feedback, I'm responding.

After 3+ years as a monthly BFG Club subscriber, this is my first negative review about any game I've purchased.

To be fair, I loved the refreshing change of the edgy music, character and dialogue. So nice to not feel like I was playing another HOG based on a Harlequin Romance Novel. The PG-13 "sexiness" level was fun, too, and not the least bit offensive (I'm a female in my my mid-50's).

That said, I feel like I totally wasted a $7 game credit on this game because of the length of play time. I am not a quick HOG player, rarely use hints, and even more rarely use walkthroughs or forums. I like playing my games for an hour or so everyday, during my spare time, and the fact that they usually take me a couple of weeks to finish. Today, I had a rare Sunday afternoon all to myself and looked forward to playing DFD. I was so disappointed that it came to an abrupt end after only a couple hours.

Heck, every game that I've beta-tested for BFG has taken longer than that!

Anyway, while I send kudos to the game developers for taking the risk of new edginess, I will not buy the next sequels until they are all out and packaged in a one-price special.

jcballar, I hope you didn't quit playing after the very first "to be continued" message? That wasn't the end of the game. It seems like there was a lot of confusion about that - there are actually 4 smaller games packaged into 1 here. You just have to hit the "continue" button at the bottom of the screen and you can keep playing

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Mar 13, 11 12:13 AM
Despite a few flaws, very entertaining game that was worth the purchase! I loved the very unique story. It reminded me a little of "Bitten," getting to play as the "bad guy," a vampire. That's the best part of games: putting yourself in the shoes of someone you would never be in real life. The main complaints I have about this game are 1. the loading times between scenes seem very long to me (in other games you can move from scene to scene instantly) and 2. a lot of times you are expected to find some random object in a scene without any indication that you should even be looking for one - I ended up clicking my mouse crazily all over screens to make sure I didn't miss a tiny little object, and then always accidentally clicking an arrow that took me to another screen (frustrating). Oh, of course an unexpectedly abrupt ending is no fun either, but that's already been covered by many others here Overall a fine game, with its main strength being the interesting setting and story.

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Mar 12, 11 10:52 PM
I rolled my eyes at the tacky outfit too, but I guess it just goes with the whole "sexy" feel of the game? (It seems like the main character wouldn't be caught "dead" wearing anything un-sexy or un-fashionable. )

If it helps any, I don't associate "naughty nurse" outfits with real nurses at all - just like if I see a cop, I wouldn't think of "naughty police officer" male stripper either

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Mar 12, 11 9:29 PM
Aw darn, another CE goodie Well thanks for letting me know and saving me from playing through half the game again...

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Mar 11, 11 11:32 PM
(Spoilers below)

I just beat the game. (I wish I had known I needed the CE to board the pirate ship! What happens there?)
Anyway, after the credits rolled, there was a message:
"Egnulp eht knis!" - Rowena Spinch
Cutely, there are also the music notes B, F, and G above

It looks like the message read backwards is "plunge the sink." HUH? I tried to go back into the game to see if I had the plunger and could try it out in the sink, but the game started over on me. So, has anyone tried this? What happens? Sorry if this is a repeat post, but I couldn't find any info on it.

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Mar 11, 11 8:10 PM
I love the new hints for the puzzles, and the live actors are so fun! This game was WELL worth the meager 6.99 I paid. I only have one complaint: you can't skip the dialogue line by line - you have to skip the entire thing, and can't go back and hear what you missed sometimes. I am an impatient clicker when it comes to dialogue! Still, a very entertaining (and long!) game.

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Mar 11, 11 6:45 PM
I always pictured a female (or ambiguous) character as the detective in MCF, but in the tavern, I just found out I'm actually a guy. I guess my world has shifted! Funny when that happens

posted in Coconut Queen on Mar 9, 11 2:37 PM
Embarrassing, but I also fall for that sexy voice.... yum! Hm, wonder who that voice actor is....

posted in Coconut Queen on Mar 9, 11 2:36 PM
No response yet, George? I'm also sad there is no sequel in the works as I just discovered this game and love it!

I'd also like to know what happens. In the regular edition you see the girl wake up and hug her mom, and that's all. In the CE, do you also find out what happens to Felicia? Thanks if anyone can provide more juicy details

I'm sure there will be a third one because you never found out what happened to Felicia. She's still alive! And the Puppetshow games are so popular it would be silly not to do a 3rd game... or 4th!

(Unless the collector's edition showed more? I only played the standard...)

posted in PuppetShow: Souls of the Innocent on Jul 2, 10 1:43 AM
The nuts never run out. You can keep feeding them to the fish forever, until it sinks all the way.

posted in Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box on Jun 20, 10 2:36 AM
mllepril wrote:
aubbi wrote: Help....I can not find the tire to put on the bycicle wheel to complete the bike. I am really likeing the puzzle. The pipe were easy.

I'm having the same problem! Hints keep getting useless (without the tire) bicycle pump! Grrr...

No, I am loving this game and plan to buy it. In fact, i might just go do that now, and keep working on it. But if anyone has an answer, please share.

Did you look at the walkthrough?
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/tiger-eye-curse-of-the-riddle-box-walkthrough/
The bike tire is draped over the edge of the box in the middle, and you're supposed to put the tire on the wheel and then pump it.

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Jun 20, 10 2:31 AM
I don't think the game is that short - I am always amazed how far some of you get in just the demo How do you do it?!

(And it makes sense that sometimes the demo is a much smaller file than the actual game - that's nice because if you don't like the game, you didn't waste the extra download time!)

posted in Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box on Jun 20, 10 2:25 AM
genkicoll wrote:LOVE the voices they chose for the characters, especially Hari. I actually tried to look up Nicholas Schell, the voice actor, to see what he looks like I love this game, finished it yesterday, and am looking forward to part 2

That's hilarious, genkicoll! I never thought about doing that with a voice actor (or anyone from the credits)... but now you've gotten me curious! If you find him, let us know if he's as pleasant to the eyes as he is the ears

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator