Posts created by CelticLark

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn on Jan 29, 14 8:20 PM
It looks like this thread is pretty old but I'll give it a try. I posted my issue as it's own thread in this forum but after reading the walk-through here on BF and seeing a video walk-through on YouTube for the part I'm having trouble with, I'm starting to suspect that I'm experiencing a glitch instead of being a at a point where I need a hint. Here is what is going on:

I'm trying to get the bush outside the elevator to burn and it won't accept the flammable liquid. I have the cup of flammable liquid and the burning match. When I try to put more liquid in the cup, it says, "Glug, glug, glug... I have a full cup" or something to that effect. When I try to pour the liquid on the bush, it says, "Delicious... shrubbery nectar? Nah." as if I'm trying to put the bush in an empty cup. And when I try to use the match afterwards, it says something that hints that I need to put something flammable on the bush to make the match work.

I think that the game isn't recognizing that the liquid is in the cup. How do I get this fixed? I haven't had any problems with the game so far and the first one played beautifully. Please help!

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn on Jan 28, 14 7:39 PM
I'm trying to get the bush outside the elevator to burn and it won't accept the flammable liquid. I have the cup of flammable liquid and the burning match. When I try to pour the liquid on the bush, it says, "Delicious shrubbery nectar? Nah." And when I try to use the match afterwards, it says something along the lines of "it's too dry" (which makes no logical sense but we'll overlook that).

Am I missing some other step that's needed before I can burn the bush? I've taped the wires together and opened the keyhole on the gate lock. According to the walk-through, I should do the bush next. Is this a glitch or did I miss something?

Thanks in advance!

posted in The Fog on Dec 29, 13 2:32 PM
I'm at this point, too. I have one piece of the handle but can't find the second piece. Did you figure it out?

posted in The Fog on Dec 29, 13 2:30 PM
Thank you! I'd already figured it out and moved on but I greatly appreciate the response!

posted in The Fog on Dec 27, 13 7:02 PM
I just got into the hospital and I'm trying to do the green cross puzzle that opens a door. I've made the 5 pieces into a cross but the door won't open and the numbers on the pieces keep changing. Am I supposed to add the numbers up to equal something? I'm really confused on how to solve this one. Thanks!

posted in Shiver: Poltergeist on Jan 26, 13 7:19 PM
I am so disgusted. The game was fine as far as graphics and story went. Nothing spectacular but nothing terrible, either. I came here to find out if I'd misunderstood something about the ending and after reading all the replies, I am disgusted that I just spent half my weekend playing a game that doesn't wrap up the story at the end.

Whoever decided that this was a clever way to get people to spend even MORE money on the CE after already buying the SE is terrible at marketing. Ripping people off isn't going to gain you any loyal customers. I, too, will avoid this developer in the future if that is how they treat their customers.

Big Fish would do well to place a note on the SE of this game warning people that the ending is only included in the CE so that their customers at least purchase the game with the knowledge that it is incomplete. I am supremely irritated all the way around about this. I want my money back.

posted in Fix-it-up: Kate`s Adventure on Jan 11, 09 8:48 PM
I had read that about letting the credits roll. The problem is that I'm not even getting that far. It's not registering that I'm finishing the levels in the Hollywood Level in Prime Time. Therefore, even once the credits roll, the final level won't unlock because I have three levels that show mistakenly show Normal Time. I guess I'm going to have to report this to Big Fish since no one else is reporting the problem here or knows the solution. Thanks!

posted in Fix-it-up: Kate`s Adventure on Jan 7, 09 10:10 PM
I've gone back to re-play the Hollywood level so I get Prime Time for all the levels. When I originally played the game, I got "normal" on levels 1, 3 & 5. I've replayed 1 and 3 twice now and achieved Prime Time every time but when I go back to the main menu, it still says I finished it in "normal" time. The last few times I've replayed, I let it run through the whole dialogue that happens after the level and take me to the next level. Then I close it and go back to the Main Menu. This has worked on all the other levels where I've needed to replay. I can't unlock the final bonus level because of this. Is there a glitch?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator