Posts created by VintageJane

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 27, 15 12:40 PM
I have just placed my thoughts in another post but yes I am as stubborn as you. I will not have completed the game until I have sensei on all locations.

I spent a small amount of real money when the game was first released but haven't done now for a year plus. What I have is a determination to complete the game and a refusal to let it beat me!!

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 27, 15 12:30 PM
I can understand some of the posts but I am still enjoying the game.

I finished the new quests fairly qickly after the update - entirely my fault but I find the graphics beautiful. I have gone back to trying to get sensei on my last three locations on island two but while doind that I am doing the daily challenges and trying to get eggs in readiness for the Easter/Spring event. I have also not completed all the achievements yet so more game play for me.

I have loads of energy and still over 2000 diamonds but no money so I am finding a way to make it fun and gain achievements for me.

I have spent some days when I have played other games in preference but keep coming back so the devs are getting it right for me.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 27, 15 12:18 PM
It all very much depends on how you play the game as to what the changes mean to you. Personally I like them.

I didn't like the school but now do as it challenges me. In time I suspect I will again get to automatically knowing where the items are. The items being piled on top of each other adds a further challenge which may keep this and some of the other locations more of a challenge. I have noticed in the Cemetary I am also having to plan or quickly think about the items to locate first. The Samurai house seems to be another.

For me the changes are all good so far other than the cost of banishing bosses on island three.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 21, 15 11:29 AM
I haven't yet but maybe in a future update?? Hopefully but smiles doubtfully.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 20, 15 12:22 PM
Plan your game play well fellow fishies as today I have run out of new quests.

I have been sharing my playing time between island two and three as I have not gained Sensei on all of two yet. I still have four collections I cannot complete yet which seem related to level two so that is where I will be staying for the time being.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 20, 15 8:20 AM
Same for me I am sorry to say.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 11, 15 2:04 PM
That is so obvious that I feel really dim now.

Thank you for your help.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 11, 15 12:53 PM
I spent the first day just really enjoying the art work of the new locations which are stunning but have had to go back to reality today having spent over £1million in the hunters houses.

I would say that for the way I play the game being very tactical on which floaters to banish is going to be key. I still have 6 areas on island two that I haven't yet reached Sensai on so I am doing those to build up coins for use at the hunters house. Also the areas are quite costly in energy to visit so are using anything I have from holidays before they disappear at the Spring event.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 11, 15 12:42 PM
I had obviously stock piled the wrong items while waiting for the 3rd island to open so are having to go back to the first island as I find glue more readily available there. In doing so I have sent the ship on numerous occasions now and get a chest of some sort virtually everytime now. I might as well send the ship if I have the items as I see it as a free bonus.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 11, 15 12:36 PM
Has anybody else noticed friends missing on their lists?

I have a friend that I reqularly trade with and while their name is still listed on the left hand side of the social screen they are missing from the bottom right so I am unable to gift them.

I have tried uninstalling but this didn't help and are wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if it is a fault with the new update?

Thanks

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Feb 11, 15 12:32 PM
Lisa Loving the new update too and have played a number of hours over the past few days which has made me short of some of the access items in the 3rd island. If I have had a quest for one of the locations where a specific mode is asked for I have been using diamonds to change to what is needed so have not noticed any mode occuring less. Maybe using diamonds may help you too.

Coral-Sea. I have never seen a night amulet but have only played the Christmas special.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 29, 15 5:51 PM
In a dip within the Yorkshire Dales, UK.

Not enough snow to make a snow angel - yet but hoping.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jan 29, 15 5:33 PM
winnerkooties wrote:I'm just commenting on the title of this thread: "I have no friends" sounds kind of funny...sorry but it hits my funny bone and makes me chuckle.

I think that is a strange comment. Why laugh? If you look at the number of posts this is a newbie - pretty much like myself - that maybe doesn't have the words for a forum.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jan 29, 15 5:29 PM
I think some people on this forum are being very ungrateful about this game and especially to the developers.

Yes I would like the update first and foremost. Yes I would like the oppertunity to exchange more items with friends, have more friends, be able to purchase certain items cheaper etc. What is being lost is that this is a FREE TO PLAY game.

We all have different ways we choose to play and therefore there are different things we need or want at any moment. For those of us that have reached the stage where we only have the mind-numbing daily challenges we are making the choice of getting to Sensei on levels, building for the future and/or sharing with friends.

The developers have to earn their wages and if they gave us everything on a plate noone would ever part with their own money and they would soon become unemployed.

I think we should take the time to enjoy the game, challenge our ownselves and embrace the friendships it offers us.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jan 16, 15 4:55 PM
NorthStorm wrote:Use this time to build up your inventory - collections will probably ask for even more collectibles like glass vessels, spool of wires and multi-tools. The game will not get easier with each update, it gets harder every time. Fix yourselves some personnal quests like storing 10/20/50 feathers/meats/shackles/etc.

Or else look at your friend's wishlists and try to get the items they're asking for. Make your own game and you'll find out that it's more gratifying.

As someone has already said .. a smart cookie.

I am spending time getting sensei levels and helping friends for their lists. Money is good. Christmas gave bonus. I am playing the game to suit me now.

But so looking forward to an update.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jan 12, 15 12:34 PM
HoosierAmy wrote:
trixiebubbles wrote:
NorthStorm wrote:It will be a surprise for everyone. For sure there will be an update for the Spring Special, ie Easter. This year Easter falls on the 3-4-5 of April. So I'd expect an update by the first / second week of March or so (based on what we experienced with Halloween and Christmas).

And as a side note on the Spring Special: Make sure you use up any Baskets/food supplies relating to this or risk loosing them like we did for the Christmas Event.

Is it just Easter thing that will be lost or Christmas items too?

Thanks

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jan 12, 15 12:20 PM
I have been with BF since 2006 so have used tech support.

I sent a question in the madness that is New Year. It was answered within 12 hours with help and graciousness.

I may have been lucky as it was about an old game but come on .. give them chance before downing them.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jan 12, 15 12:09 PM
Hi People.

There is a social aspect on the gifting side. I would like to give out more gifts .. about ten. Yes I do not know who I am giving them to but the interaction has come that if I see someone I am exchanging with wanting an item I do not have to spare I will go and do areas to find that for them and in that it is also building up my expertise. I do not think the developers need to build this in. I think we should bare in mind this is a Free game and we make of it the best for ourselves and then can give to the social aspect.

I have only made one or two financial purchases to this game very early on. I waited with frustration and anticipation to progress. I was not in a position to buy. Other people will not buy if they are always gifted. Remember the developers and all their staff need wages so do need to gain some financial from Found.

I agree that the forum is a better way to be social but it is hard to have confidence to communicate for many. I only have two people I communicate with and I have been BF since 2006 though only really in the forums in the past couple of months but really having to force myself at times to take part as my real personality is very shy.

The social aspect of gifting on Found works and one day I maybe brave enough to message those people.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jan 8, 15 12:38 PM
Age is a number.

If you are here and gaming - and posting - you are part of the community.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jan 8, 15 12:35 PM
airzee wrote:I'm at level 200. Thanks for the tips. I don't have any quests as I have played them all.

I am in same situation of having no quests to do and are spending my time finding things for friends and getting ready for the next up date to find new quests.

I suggest using the right avatar while doing Vampiar Castle and banishing pirates to get the light projector to then banish ghosts to get the cloak. Keep banishing the Mummy when possible.

Above all do not stress as you are gaining monies and experience while waiting for new quests.

Good luck

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator