Posts created by pigletto

posted in Mahjong World Contest on Sep 23, 12 9:07 PM
You have to go back and retry the ones you missed and try to build up your points in order to advance.

I managed to do that after a lot of frustration. I to say there are some that seem impossible like trying to complete in 2 minutes.

posted in Hidden Object Crosswords on Jan 6, 11 11:07 AM
Poodlebear wrote:Fabulous idea but on my 22" HD Display waaaaay to pixelly in full screen and way to small in a Window. I'm not going to adjust my resolution to accomodate a game. Cryin' shame because I love the concept and would snap it up if higher resolution.

posted in Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates on May 22, 10 10:29 PM
Really?

I never got past feeding the owl but if this is what it is about, I won't go further
[u][i]

posted in Escape from Lost Island on Apr 5, 10 3:45 PM
Poodlebear wrote:It has been my experience that every Nevosoft game is glitchy. Not broken exactly, just clunky, slow, not terribly well engineered if you will, and this is no exception. Granted all our systems are different etc. but right off I chose to turn off the sludgy game cursor. (I normally do not need to do this). Then I discovered the excruciatingly long load times. Sometimes, if I let the story play out, the game would hang all together, just sit there at the end of the cut-scene waiting for the next active game part to initiate. Or maybe it *was* going to initiate but I got tired of waiting - hard to tell. I wonder if (given the rather small file size of the game) that this wasn't just deliberate time padding for a short game, or maybe some arcane file handling system to unpack files as we go to keep download size small. But that's just ol' geeky me speculatin'. Let's put all that aside for now.

Graphics - pretty good, pretty clear, pleasant to look at. Music - think Pink Floyd fan on Xanax is left alone in the recording studio... Kinda cool the *first* time thru but on a pretty short loop it soon had me diving for the off button.

Gameplay - absolutely nothing new or inspiring here. Pocket type ("open" one object into which you must place others) hidden object stuff along with standard, some interactivity, very very bog standard mini-games. Look, concentration is all well and good but lets face it it's pretty much just pass-time and pretty cheesy when it's a larger than normal field that repeats symbols. Snooze. Spot the Difference and jigsaw were the others encountered. Now I must say had this game come out (and run properly) at the beginning of IHOGs arrival I would probably been pretty tickled, but with so much more sophistication in the genre out there this just felt flat and uninteresting. I did not even make it to the end of the demo, and for me on an IHOG? That's rare. Granted had it run better on my system I might have slogged thru those last 20 minutes but I felt absolutely *no* compulsion to continue. With games as good as Secret Mission: The Forgotten Island, Treasure Seekers (any of 'em) and to a lesser degree Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret recently released this one just falls flat.

(Up given begrudgingly cuz it's an IHOG at least. Down for the mediocre game and glitchiness)

posted in Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff on Aug 26, 09 7:58 PM
So, how did you find it? The walkthrough is of no help to me and the hints just say to look at highlighted area or another area.

I have clicked on the tree in the general area of the face and leaves drop. Are you supposed to catch one of them?

posted in Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff on Aug 26, 09 7:55 PM
Sablesshadow wrote:Never mind, I found the yellow leaf.

posted in Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone on Jul 27, 09 12:19 PM
[b]
LogieBaby wrote:Am I the only one who after a few minutes got terminally annoyed with the printing at the top of the screen of the message that I clicked wrong. Give me a buzz like most games or an x when I click the wrong thing. Just don't keep hammering me
with the same response over and over and over again, especially when I'm looking for something that is smaller than a mosquito's eyeball!!

I had to VENT!! I feel better already.

That is hilarious but true. Some things are so small that I even have a hard time lining up the cursor on them to pick them up.

I am so bored with this game that I don't care "who done it".

Didn't know I had a game credit but it looks like I wasted it on this game.

posted in Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine on Jul 11, 09 12:25 AM
I got "web page cannot be displayed"

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator