Posts created by silverfiesta

posted in Night Mysteries: The Amphora Prisoner on Jul 31, 13 10:54 PM
Well, I didn't even get thru half of the demo before I encountered, "Oh Jesus" twice and an, OMG. That was enough for me. Why do they have to take my Lord's name in vain. No one ever say, "Oh Buddha, or Mohammed, or Krishna..." It is not acceptable in any context in any game and it should be changed or not offered by BF. I really feel strongly about this, so despite some good reviews I am done.

posted in Reveries: Sisterly Love Collector's Edition on May 30, 13 8:10 PM
Well, if it's a new series then what's the deal with the bundle sale?????

I thot they were intended to give customers a break on catching up with a series if you had missed parts of it!!!

posted in Love Chronicles: Salvation Collector's Edition on May 25, 13 9:59 AM
In the light of this conversation, I have to wonder if the developers are being forced by BF to do added content to get the price they need to make a profit. It seems that way too many CEs have the same complaint, many seem to not care about wallpapers, music and other add ins, but only care about seeing game play that justifies the double price.

Just sayin'!!!!!

posted in Love Chronicles: Salvation Collector's Edition on May 25, 13 9:51 AM
Really loved the music and the graphics - I finished the hour on casual and got into the 1st chapter.

I loved the variety in the HOGs, but found that the puzzles just did not have enough explanation to figure out what I was supposed to do, so I skipped, which I hate to do. Case in point, the Wizard puzzle, couldn't figure out how to get them to move and my trial ran out at that point. On the plus side, tho, I was surprised my hour was over already, so - since the bonus is soooo short, I will get this with a PCC when the SE comes out. Too bad, they could nave had a real winner here.

posted in Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes Collector's Edition on May 9, 13 11:12 PM
What got me was that demons were busting through into this world, and the archbishop (is that right?) told her she was the one to stop them, sat down and proceeded to read a book!

Could have been his Bible - a good idea when dealing with demons!!!

posted in Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition on May 2, 13 9:22 PM
When you get to the bonus chapter could you please let us know how long it is? 'Cause it would have to be super duper to justify double the price.
Thanx

OK - FYI - for those like me who thought they were loosing it after playing thru most of the hour, and then reading the reviews - I hadn't found any enchanted objects - so, I checked the guide and found out they are only available if you BUY the game -

WHY???

IT'S A DEMO!!!!!
Wouldn't you think that those of us who LIKE finding those things would be influenced by knowing they were a part of the game and it would increase our desire to BUY the game?!?!? Even tho I beta tested this game, and I remembered liking it, I forgot about the objects and would not have known they were there if I had not read about them from other reviewers - seems counter-productive to me - just sayin', developers - HELLO!!!!!

ALL that being said - I will probably buy the game when I get my monthly credit because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE frogs.

Sooo - try it - chu' might like it!!!!!

posted in Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition on Feb 3, 13 9:02 PM
Kudos to BoomZap - a wonderful acknowledgement of the value of caring about your customers

posted in Surface: The Soaring City Collector's Edition on Jan 26, 13 7:42 AM
that helps - thanx, ladies

posted in Surface: The Soaring City Collector's Edition on Jan 24, 13 11:22 AM
Has anyone finished yet and how was the bonus?

Thanx for the help

posted in Death Pages: Ghost Library Collector's Edition on Jan 20, 13 9:11 AM
calsmom2001 wrote:Elephant Games, since "Mystery Trackers: The Void" you have been one of my favorite developers. I have passed on a few of your games, but only a few. In general, your logo on the opening screen has meant an immediate buy. However, if you are now going down the road of no achievements, no collectables, no morphing objects - in short, the road of so many other developers, then that will no longer be true. I do not buy CEs for the screensavers, wallpapers, concept art, or music, none of which matter in the least to me. I buy CEs for the REAL extras - the things that require extra programming, not just gathering up a bunch of stuff that is already a byproduct of the development process, throwing it into the game and calling it a CE. I don't even make my decision based on bonus chapter(s); by the time I get to that point, I'm often kind of tired of the game. I'll play a bonus chapter, but it's not the decision maker for me. PLEASE EG, bring back that for which you are justly famous - give us the REAL extras you have in the past. Otherwise, I'm waiting for the SE, which is what I'll be doing with this game.

Ditto and VERY well said!!!!!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 12 9:56 AM
I agree - I am soooo sick of all the dark stuff - WHY, WHY, WHY - isn't there any one there who can come up with some other story line - really - so sad

And a BIG thanx for the heads-up on the demon summoning - that cinched it for me - no buy even with the sale

early release, big sale come on - conclusion? They knew they had a stinker and didn't have time to fix it so tie it up with a sale and make it look like it was popular when it wasn't

And, this doesn't even address all the tech problems I had getting it to install so I could play the demo - I had to delete every BF game on my computer, turn off all my virus protection and firewall, something I have NEVER had to do before. So, I think I will be saving a lot of money 'cause I have decided to go back to the beginning, download my old games one at a time and replay the ones I really liked, and that will take a loooog time to do

Sherryah wrote:I hate repetious puzzles,dark corners with tiny hidden objects, arcade games, drawings we must find are poorly drawn. I read Gingergal review and decided no buy after seeing no bonus game unless you call 10 or 15 minutes a bonus!

The demo seems harmless but so did when Angels Cry until gamer nearly at end of game find out gamer must kill a Holy Angel in the form of a woman.

I learned the hard way as I approached the end of the game it was a waste of money because I would never do what the Game developer demanded done.

Gingergal gave the best review in my opinion and gave me a heads up warning on demon summoning in the game I will not purchase it for that reason plus floating arcade puzzles,repetition yuck! I like games I feel good playing
Gingergal wrote
(There is a demonic worship act, mumbling in latin to summon demons)

I regret BFG that you included this in the game because there is no way I am going to purchase a game that includes summoning demons.

I have a new rule in my household if I fear my children playing the game and have to hide it, I should not purchase the game. BFG needs to put contains offensive content but they will not do it most likely.

I did enjoy 13 skulls and Dire Grove my favorite part is the live actors.
I admit I did enjoy the demo and was ready to click on buy until I came back and read more negative reviews. I hate arcade type puzzles, and although I enjoyed Lea Thompson, and ghost patrol actors in the demo & hope to see more live acting, I am not buying it at any price.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 9:19 PM

TY Seine,
I followed the error instructions, it took several tries and uninstallingl of all my BF games, and I have a lot, from my system before I finally go it to work.

bfgSeine wrote:Hi Fishies,

Let's see if we can get the game working!

For those of you seeing problems with black borders or other resolution issues, adjusting your screen resolution may help with that. Our help article here covers that in more detail:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=537">Screen Resolution</a>

If you've already tried this, or it isn't helping to get the game displayed correctly, please let our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support Team</a> know. They'll be happy to work with you and hopefully they can find a solution quickly so you can get back on the case!

silverfiesta, download errors like that are caused by a couple things. 764 errors imply that a UAC (User Account Control) prompt was missed when installing. That will block the game from being installed correctly during the process. 766 errors also have to do with permissions to install, but deal with different software programs. Our help articles here cover those errors in a bit more detail, as well as provide some troubleshooting steps:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1838">Installation Error 764</a>

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1491">Error 766</a>

As mentioned above, please feel free to let our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support Team</a> know if those aren't working to get the game running.

jheaven44, if the game isn't starting, our help article here may be useful when troubleshooting that, as it may be related to other software programs and drivers outside of DirectX:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

I hope that helps so you can get back to gaming!

bfgSeine

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 10:04 AM
OK - this is a first for me - download - done
validating - done
installation - 100%
INSTALLATION - FAILED 3 TIMES
WHAT'S WITH THIS?!?!?!?!?

Had a 766 error the first 2 times - now I have a 764 error, which is ridiculous because I said yes to everything

posted in Lost Secrets™: November 1963 on Nov 19, 12 10:17 PM
Bpup wrote:
50plusgamer wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, making a game around the death of a real person who died within living memory is tasteless and intrusive.

I agree.

I lived through that painful period of time and I don't want to revisit it. Different strokes for different folks; we all internalize events differently.

I won't be demo'ing it or buying it.

ETA: I was in grade school at the time. We were in the middle of class when the principal called all the teachers into her office. When they came back they were crying and dismissed us from school. They would not tell us what happened, only saying that we should ask our parents when we got home.

I was in grade school too and the bus driver told us - I called him a liar and was so upset and then my Mom met the bus and she was crying - such a sad time

posted in Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town Collector's Edition on Nov 11, 12 12:21 PM
Well - here are my 2 cents - no discount no buy - I too have spent plenty on games - so maybe it is time to be more selective and go back and replay old friends - that would keep me busy for a VERY long time and it is what I used to do before I became a member - I can find other uses for my money

BTW - thanx everyone for stating all that I was thinking about membership and sales- I concur

posted in The Game of Life ® on Oct 24, 12 8:11 AM
I have always loved this board game - but the newer version is not as good as the original - from the 60's. It was always a 10 number spinner. I was sooo hoping to like this but the small screen and not being able to automatically see the entire board without jumping thru hoops is a big turn off. So, even a free punch is not an incentive for me to part with my money - maybe as a DD for $2.99 - maybe.

I found the references to Puritans offensive in the extreme. A casual game is not the place to single out one religious group with so much negativity, after all they were the ones to come over on the Mayflower. And I hope this does not go against the rules of a religious discussion in the forums because the developer started it when he chose to make the Puritans his target and people should have a forewarning of this content prior to the download.

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Jack the Ripper on Sep 12, 12 11:48 PM
I had to restart my computer for it to work

posted in Syberia - Part 3 on Sep 4, 12 9:22 AM
cme550 wrote:I don't mind that the game is divided into three parts (after all people can still just buy the full version), but I do have issues with it being a TGT.

For a few reasons, first is that it can get some people confused. They may think it's a whole new game, and second, it's not a NEW game. I had always thought that TGT was to highlight new games. Those people who already either own the game get screwed out of a new game.

Hopefully this is the final part so we can just stop this nonsense. Well, at least until this happens to another game and if so, then please post it as a soft release.

I absolutely agree with you - this is just not good customer relations to have as a TGT - but then it is their loss, or not, maybe they are desperate for enough GOOD TGTs to put out, so that loosing the sales of a day for a TGT is a wash for them - just doesn't seem like good business to me

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator