Posts created by fahr451

posted in Brownies on Aug 20, 15 1:22 PM
Hmm... lots of problems here

I am also experiencing trouble on W7. Sometimes the game freezes while loading a new level. Shutting down and restarting the software solves the problem.

I reckon that the developers didn't expect all these problems and (hopefully!) are trying to fix them.
Will wait 1-2 weeks to see if a patch is ready, before purchasing the game.

posted in Northern Tale 2 on Nov 27, 13 6:11 AM
solquist wrote:Don't miss out on catching fish. I did the 1st couple of times, until I finally noticed them.

ARGH! I am a big idiot... didn't see the fishes after attempting 3-4 times.

Thanks solquist

posted in Shaban on Feb 17, 13 6:30 AM
Hello, the game has crashed and now I am no longer able to use the "continue game" button.

Each time I press this button, the "loading" screen appears, but then the program aborts with no further messages.

I didn't try to use "load game" in order to leave the situation unchanged if you want to investigate further.

posted in Syberia - Part 3 on Sep 4, 12 4:11 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:PLEASE NOTE - This is not Syberia III. This is the last part of the AI breakup of Syberia into three parts.

Thanks for the good hint.

I am disappointed too, but not very surprised.

Who knows if we will see ever a true Syberia 3... (hope so, but can't believe)

posted in Arevan: The Bitter Truth on Jun 25, 12 3:39 PM
For me it wasn't that difficult to beat him down, it only took time.
I alternated confusion and silence spells (his physical attack is rather weak if you have good armors), then hammered him with electricity, dark spells and light stones. Also if you have found the "stones" you can throw them to him. Other physical attacks don't seem to work.

posted in Azada® : In Libro Collector's Edition on Dec 2, 11 1:52 PM
I don't know if someone could be interested in this... but music sheet from track 1 and track 2 are swapped.
I enjoied very much the music in this Azada game, so I got the sheets from extra menu and discovered the swapping.

Oh, well. Nothing really important.

posted in The Last Express on Oct 29, 11 7:51 AM
I came on the forum to get some advice before buying the game or not, and...

Wow!

Here I found the most interesting comments I ever read on BFG.

As a minimum, I reckon this is a game of character.

Like for someone with a strong personality, you can hate him or love him, but you can't remain indifferent.

Definitely I will buy it, at last to check with my own eyes!

@circlelt: are you absolutely sure there will never be a Syberia III? It is a mysterious matter, where information is constantly changing, and always denied

posted in Vagrant Hearts on Oct 4, 11 2:18 PM
I killed the demon rather easily with paralyse and, after several attempts, poison.

But then everything fell down and Scarlett and some other characters did not escape.

Is the game supposed to finish so? I am a little disappointed

The last lines seems to suggest a version 2 coming. I hope so

posted in Vagrant Hearts on Oct 3, 11 2:00 PM
Shellikins wrote:The characters don't walk on diagonal which meant my fingers started to get a bit arthritic maneuvering up and then all the way back down.

Mmmm.... what about using the mouse?

posted in Vagrant Hearts on Oct 2, 11 6:44 AM
I higly recommend to use the Motivate spell to increase intelligence to the character who has healing capabilities.
Royal crest becomes much more effective (say 25-30% more HP recovered).
This is what I did:
- give Royal Crest to Telma
- during the first round cast Motivate to Telma, and Battle Oath
- during second round, have Wyatt cast Agitate
- from second round on, Telma casts Healing Wind and this recovers 700-800 HP each. Other characters can attack Lynch up to the end. From time to time don't forget to reload MP to Telma and Wyatt, and also to cast Agitate/Motivate.

At this point, it's only a matter of time before Lynch gives it up

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on May 22, 11 11:03 AM
My big question is: why?

You can steal something if you don't have it and need it. But Colibri demonstrates in the game to have good graphic designers, doesn't it?
So, why stealing work from other person if you are able to do everything by yourself?

And I think noone is so crazy to march against the Disney army.

So there must be (there COULD, at last) be another explaination...

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on May 22, 11 10:35 AM
Agree with Lavender101: you must have Machinarium if you liked this game.

IMHO, Machinarium has a better storyline, a great background music (if you want you can purchase the vynil - yes, the vynil, not a CD!! ), and it's amazing from the technical point of view if you consider it is developed as Flash script.

But be ready to pay 20€ for this (or the equivalent in USD), at least this was the price some months ago.

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on May 22, 11 10:28 AM
jelyroma wrote:What is the goal for the pipes and valves? Just the order? Or should the valves turn?

The purpose of the minigame is to stop water flowing from the pipe on the left side to the two pipes on the right side - which feed the fountain.

By putting a wheel on a valve you close it, stopping the flow on that specific portion of the plant. If you position correctly the five wheels, the water will stop.

I admit it was too hard for me... fortunately you can find walkthroughs

posted in Art of Murder: FBI Confidential on May 14, 11 11:42 AM
xextremex, thank you for you review and the others I read here.

I agree with you about Safecracker, but IMHO Murder on the Orient Express was one of the best games I remember, just a step under Syberia.

I think I'll give this game a chance.

BTW... Why is "graphic language" called this way? This sound so funny to me (English is not my mothertongue)

posted in Westward Kingdoms on Feb 25, 11 1:10 PM
bfgDonau wrote:
For anyone looking for it, I wanted to add that we do now have the updated version of Westward Kingdoms available on our site.

This is very good news.
I wish I have had that patch available earlier, but I think this delay it's not your fault.

posted in Westward Kingdoms on Feb 25, 11 1:07 PM
GeorgeTSLC wrote:* The programming axiom is that no matter how benign and simple a bug-fix seems, it's always nailing Jello to a tree and MAY make the whole thing slide down into the grass below.

Not that an axiom needs confirmation... after all... but being a programmer myself, I confirm!

posted in Westward Kingdoms on Feb 21, 11 2:21 PM
Being sick tired of bugs in WK, today I tried something crazy, downloading the trial version from the original developer and installing it over the version purchased from .

Now the starting screen shows "version 1.0.0.3" instead of "1.0.0.0" and I was able to load old games. So it seems (I repeat: it seems) the patch worked.

The bad news: at least one bug, that of "population of 20" in K3, is still there. I don't know if this is related with patching problems or if the developers did not solve that specific bug.

So maybe this operation is not even worth the time and the risk it costs.
If, nonetheless, you want to try, I strongly recommend you to backup your saved files - if something goes wrong you can uninstall everything, reload your licensed copy from and restore your files.

posted in Westward Kingdoms on Feb 10, 11 2:48 PM
peutetre wrote:You do not get them from killing dragons so you don't have to keep trying--just look around that area for them.

Gosh! That explains everything... I killed so many dragons that I begin to feel guilty for this, and not one single scale

posted in Time to Hurry: Nicole's Story on Nov 24, 10 5:46 AM
Hello,

this game seems affected by strong technical problems.

1) after selecting "keep ratio" in the settings the game crashed and I attempted 4-5 times to restart it before being able to do so.

2) after 5 minutes of game, the BFG manager popped out saying "Time is up".

Not big problem, as I already decided to uninstall the game... but maybe these issues are worth investigation.

posted in NiBiRu: Age of Secrets on Nov 7, 10 6:26 AM
I dislike negative feedback, but Nibiru quite deserves it IMHO.

I decided to purchase the game after testing it (a short demo version can be found on the web). Unfortunately, and despite the "try before buy", I am quite disappointed with this game.

Characters encompass no depth, and the plot itself is very confused (too bad, because the basic idea was not that bad).
Graphics and cut scenes (too many and too long) are below-average, with the sole exception of a couple of interiors, and puzzles are trivial (apart, perhaps, that of the uncle's safe).

About the game dynamics, another thumb down. Basically you can't take decisions, or use your brain: in most cases, you have no choice than keeping click the mouse, and this is especially annoying in dialogs.
The largest part of the game is only a matter of pixel hunting and combining object in the most obvious way.

Happily I purchased this game with the spooky bonus, so only 4.99$ wasted instead of 6.99$

Ah yes, about the language. I wasn't offended by the language (there are several threads about this theme), it's more or less what you can hear in most movies or TV shows - at least in my country
But I was VERY disturbed by the destiny of that poor "living charge" mouse. I think this was extremely cruel and could be totally avoided without the game losing anything (more).

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator