Posts created by LoveMyBichons

I posted what the solution was (FOR ME) to be able to save progress and return to the game later in the '"TECH trouble" topic herein this forum if you would like to read. It may solve your issue - OR NOT. It was a simple problem and solution for me, but that's just me. Others have different saving problems, I'm sure.

ABOUT GAME SAVING: I may have a solution, but it's too simple and I don't want to offend anyone with it. It did work for me.

I went back to the main menu and signed in again. This time I paid focused attention to the process and found it was just a little tricky. I had to "approve" it twice and then OK it. Then it stayed with the profile name I had assigned (rather then revert back to 'guest') and it kept my place when I later signed out and then back on.

I'm sure you all probably have a bigger and more sophisticated glitch...but this fixed my problem with having to re-start each time I logged off.

I hope this might help even 1 of you.

posted in Surface: Mystery of Another World Collector's Edition on Feb 2, 12 11:02 AM
mhatfie wrote:
vonniefaye wrote:When I first started playing this game I thought "Ho hum, same 'ol, same 'ol". But by the time I finished the demo. I was hooked and couldn't wait to find out what will happen. Now I am in a quandary. To buy or not to buy, that is the $13.99 question.
I am trying to wean myself from jumping on the CE's so quickly, but..........."the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." Where is that "Buy Now" button.

This cracked me up. Sounds like you have as much will power as I do. I too am trying to wean off the CE's but have to cave in once in awhile....... especially when they're this good. LOL.

I'm soooo with you both on this!!! My problem is that "Once in a while" for me always turns into "just once THIS while". lol

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe on Jan 28, 12 12:42 PM
Krissy41 wrote:
Euskalduna wrote:Thanks, Textrekkie, but I still say I have seen, and played, that scene (with slight variations: background, etc) in other game. Could be Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy. In this case, the character says the same words: I have left something valuable in this room.

Edited to add: It could have been Devil on the Mississippi.

WOW Euskalduna I came to this forum to look for someone who said the samething as I did. I know I've played this game or the first scenes in another game some where and can't think of that game. I remember finding the bird on the balcany in another game. Thanks thought maybe it was just my imagination...lol

I may be mistaken, but I think all of the Midnight Mysteries start out in the same office setting and balcony with the raven. Just MHO

posted in Three Musketeers Secret: Constance's Mission on Jan 24, 12 9:45 AM
cbtx wrote:
I don't know who you mean by "we", but I love Spot the Difference games. Of course, I am only speaking for myself, not for the rest of BF gamers.

I concur, Valdy. I happen to enjoy Spot the Difference games alot. And yes - horror of horrors - have even bought games that are nothing but classic art Spot the Differences.

I know many/most people don't enjoy them, and that's OK. We ALL have different tastes. But please don't speak to the Devs on the behalf of the "we", because some of the "we" would beg to differ.

Which ones? (classic, that is)

The one I was thinking of at the time is called "Secrets of Great Art". It's here on BF. There are also some pretty good ones about an art dectetive and one about an art "re-store-er" (spelling?) LMB

posted in Three Musketeers Secret: Constance's Mission on Jan 23, 12 1:44 PM
Valdy wrote:
heatherington wrote:Spot the differences, really? Haven't we made it clear that we don't enjoy those?

I don't know who you mean by "we", but I love Spot the Difference games. Of course, I am only speaking for myself, not for the rest of BF gamers.

I concur, Valdy. I happen to enjoy Spot the Difference games alot. And yes - horror of horrors - have even bought games that are nothing but classic art Spot the Differences.

I know many/most people don't enjoy them, and that's OK. We ALL have different tastes. But please don't speak to the Devs on the behalf of the "we", because some of the "we" would beg to differ.

posted in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition on Jan 22, 12 12:47 PM
SolarEclipse wrote:I still stand by my belief that the "Dana Knightstone" novels are the best and most refined of any of their games. They're the most polished and the most overlooked.

I sooooo agree with you on this SolarEclipse! I love all of BoomZaps' games, but I really like a game with a solid story and their Dana Knightstone novels have that in spades!!! I'd really like to see more of them

posted in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition on Jan 22, 12 12:19 PM
Happy Year of the Dragon to all!

I won't repete ALL the glowing praises and sincere appreciations for your newest release, just want to echo them!!!!

I too have loved all of your games, and yes, I lean towards a game with more puzzles than HOS, which you excell at. Thank you!!!!!

I believe I said this in feelback in Awk: Goblin Kingdome, but it bears repeting: Others games tend to leave me slightly sad or down with their lack of color and "cuteness". Their junkpile HOS leave me feeling like I've treked through an urban garbage dump and desperately need a shower. You've proven you can create a story (even one with some spooky stuff) and still make it pretty and eye pleasing. A great big:
T H A N K Y O U for that!

posted in White Haven Mysteries Collector's Edition on Jan 8, 12 10:53 AM
This game strongly reminds me of a game I played years ago named "Trapped". All the same concept, perhaps not a Mental Hospital, but VERY much the same. I wonder if it's the same writers?

EDIT ADDITIONAL DATA: It IS the same writers, even more it's by the same DEVELOPER! I found the game "trapped" and started it to find the Dev. It was the same as for this new game. The story has been refreshed and BIG TIME programing updates have been done, but all-in-all it's the same 'game/concept'.

KBEAR2045, you are not the only one trying to play it and looking for the forum, 'metoo' is here also! Hope they check this soon...but I guess they are entitled to a day off too.

Perhaps soon they will fix this.
LMB

posted in Exorcist 2 on Dec 19, 11 12:32 PM
Sheerija wrote:
It was a bit short. I felt lacked originality too because I knew, and I'm sure everyone sussed it, ****************, right from the start.

But it wasn't bad for a SE.

(removed by moderator)

posted in Haunted Past: Realm of Ghosts Collector's Edition on Dec 15, 11 10:46 AM
Since you are here GoGiiGrace, PLEASE< PLEASE<PLEASE...in the future, program the stratagy guide to either stay on the last page the player visited or (better by far!) open to the area the player is currently at.

It is so frustrating to have to find your place in the guide from a home position each time you need it.

Thanx for your ear, and for another GREAT Game! I love your teams work!

Cyn

PS: I know this is off the title topic...sorry.

Talk about eerie! My name showed up on a tombstone in the latest BF MCF Ravenhearst offering! That kind of freaked me out.

posted in The Chronicles of Shakespeare: Romeo & Juliet on Oct 5, 11 10:39 AM
jennsmom wrote:I just did. And it's going in the trash. If there had been one more bit of opening dialogue, I think I would have screamed. I see nothing appealing in this game at all, although admittedly, I didn't play it for long. Awful.

You know, that's fair. You at least tried it, jennsmom. Like I said; all have the right to their opinion, and to express it here. I just wanted to encourage folks to try it for themselves. I agree with you...I could have done without all the cut scene and yackity-yak up front, but once I got to the actual game I found it fun and fresh.

Different people = Different tastes. That's why Baskin Robbins (Ice cream shoppes) offers 31 flavors!

Cyn

posted in The Chronicles of Shakespeare: Romeo & Juliet on Oct 5, 11 10:21 AM
There are a lot of Negative comments about this game - and that's cool - all are entitled and right to opine. But, please try the game for yourself.

We have been asking for non- HOG, not spooky or scary, out of the mold, full length and satisfying game. It's only MHO, but this is it. Don't go in looking for a game just like "A,B,C.." or comparing it to anything. Give it fresh eyes and mind.

While, no - not for everyone, it is a great game with long and satisfying play. Take the time to "learn" how it plays. A lot of the tech issues were really just not understanding how the game was played. Example: The marble puzzle.

Give it a fair try...you might just find a gem under all the crusty carbon! I found it to be great.

With respect to ALL,
Cyn

posted in Oddly Enough: Pied Piper on Oct 4, 11 7:07 PM
vervaine, Thanx for the reply, and it even made sense to me!

posted in Oddly Enough: Pied Piper on Oct 4, 11 11:04 AM
jkuci wrote:No map but you only go to four sites but with alot of tasks. Play time from 3 to 4 hours.

I'm a bit confused here, please clarify for me. The write up on this game at the Dev site said "35 lavish locations" but you say there are only 4 sites to go to. Like I said ... I'm confused. lol

The other reason I ask is because to "try" the game is 123mg, but it says in the list of system requirements it takes 381 mg of hard drive. I bought the game (sight unseen) ( I know: fool me) Anyway it only downloaded 126 meg. So I think my question is really: is this the same, full game offered at the Devs site? or is it only part of it? Am I even making sense???????

Oh, heck with it...I'm not even going to try to edit this post! If you can figure out what I'm asking, and have an answer, please respond. THANX!!

posted in Sphera on Sep 30, 11 1:37 PM
Old_Man_River wrote:My only beef is no skip on puzzles...quote]

Hi Old_Man_River, I just wanted to let you know that there is a skip for the puzzles when playing in the "Casual" mode. But you are correct in that there is no skipping in the "Harder" mode.
Best of the day to you,
Cyn

edmee1947 wrote:i played the beta and noticed:surely not as CE!
so,i'm downloading the demo again to refresh my old memory(64 years old today!!!)and i'll say what i -definitevely- think about this game

Have a Happy Birthday!!!
Cyn

They never gave his name that I know. I just assumed it stood for "Small Guy". lol

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator