Posts created by aniem

take a close look to the left of the fancy sofa/chair that you need to cut open , scan over the scene and watch for the eye and comment.

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart on Mar 3, 12 1:00 PM
I am at the opening scene.. outside the manor.., have the portrait and the cameo .I need something to dig and something to open the gate. I cannot get any farther after about 15 minutes of double-checking everything that the magnifying glass opens on. What am I missing?

Wow! I can't believe I missed that!!I'm moving ahead now.

posted in Journey to the Center of the Earth on Feb 8, 12 7:21 AM
sometimes it takes a computer restart to get back on track; not saying this is your solution ..but for general info.

posted in Journey to the Center of the Earth on Feb 8, 12 7:18 AM
I just want to share a game experience that is indicative of what I've seen since getting Windows 7: even when a game downloads, installs, activates and plays, weird things happen. I redownloaded Journey to the Center of the Earth to my new laptop and the game does everything expected of it so far, but the title shows as Adventures of Shelock Holmes :The Silver Earring.I do not consider this to be a glitch on BFG's side as even weirder things have happened with games loaded from discs!!

posted in Mountain Crime: Requital on Dec 28, 11 9:42 AM
I have placed the pieces a swell as I can because they won't stay right on their squares but nothing happens.

posted in Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness on Dec 1, 11 7:33 AM
the white prism goes just above the green one, so close it is almost on it .Hope this is the one you need.

posted in Bluebeard's Castle on Nov 13, 11 10:27 AM
I find that I often need to go through the "open file location" steps to get games to play, especially in the last months. This doesn't work for all games, however, so I will not be buying a game I can't try first.I have had no issue with the game itself, but I haven't played it very long. I guess I will buy it as I've enjoyed it so far.

posted in Escape from Thunder Island on May 27, 11 12:51 PM
You need to find the water source and turn it on.

posted in Escape from Thunder Island on May 27, 11 12:50 PM
you cannot just swap puzzle pieces, you need to move them to the edge then place them.Or can you do that?

posted in Escape from Thunder Island on May 27, 11 12:46 PM
also there is the pillar of 5 stones you have to turn and then get the correct color of flame - or light- in each mouth.I think this is connected to the water source but you do need what you get out of it anyway.

posted in Escape from Thunder Island on May 27, 11 12:42 PM
you need to get the water source running. This involves solving about 3 puzzles, hints for which you can find in a journal to the left of the hut door.Sorry but that's all the help I can give as I haven't figured them all out myself yet.

posted in Art of Murder: Deadly Secrets on May 11, 11 10:10 AM
I don't know if anyone else is getting the access violation error message but I have been getting them lately.This one was the last straw!! I decided to take things in my own hands since nobody else has ever suggested a solution that works. Well I did a search in the Start Menu.. I right clicked on the game name, chose Open File Location . On the new page I right clicked on the Play(game name) icon and chose Open File Location . On the new page I double clicked on MYSTLauncher.The game opened , saved (auto saved since there is no 'save game' option) ran every time after each open and quit cycle. I still can't play through Game Manager or Shortcut but I can play it!!This has also worked for another Art of Murder game!It is not as hard to do as it might sound and is worth the work if you like the games
I run Vista Home Basics with SP1 on an Acer Aspire laptop.

posted in Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Kill Remastered on Mar 21, 11 8:57 AM
The best thing about being able to try a game before buying it is that you know if it will run on your system or not.I bought the game and can't run it as I get the old "access violation". However I installed it on a hard drive with minimal updates installed and it ran fine. 2 hard drives, one laptop... What to do!?!?

posted in Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Kill Remastered on Mar 21, 11 8:27 AM
Oh, these directions apply to symbols on the box under the chair

posted in Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Kill Remastered on Mar 21, 11 8:25 AM
you also need the match card from the furnace room...then you can start to work this one out. Arrange the elements (Na, Cl, etc.) in order as it appears on the periodic table. Then starting with the match card symbol, go U,D,L or R the number indicated by the each clue.hope this helps.

posted in Blue Madonna: A Carol Reed Story on Mar 7, 11 11:22 AM
This is the first Carol Reed game I played without a walk through, and I've played all of them except the one BFG doesn't have.But I did refer to carol's note book frequently to keep track of what I had to do and where I had to go next. I found it hard to navigate, going in circles in houses, museums, barns, factories and churches. I had to resort to the "move forward, look left, look forward, look right, look forward, move forward " pattern and scanning each scene most of the way through the game. The clues Carol was finding didn't help me a lot as I was terribly distracted during my play time, and so could not connect each clue to its box.
The scenery is beautiful, as in all this series, and the music fits the mood of the action.It will not disappoint Carol's fans.
I did finish the game in just one day, so it is not too difficult, I guess.

posted in Blue Madonna: A Carol Reed Story on Mar 7, 11 10:44 AM
you first have to back out the door to get outside. Usually you have to go forward or just turn left or right to get the exit cue

posted in Blue Madonna: A Carol Reed Story on Mar 7, 11 10:42 AM
I don't think you phone Jonah just for something to do. Did you get a prompt to call him?If not, you probably can't .If you did get a prompt , you may be using the wrong phone.

posted in Blue Madonna: A Carol Reed Story on Mar 7, 11 6:31 AM
Ha!! Wouldn't you know it!? I went back into the barn and gained access to the area where the tractor is stored. And I found the pitch fork! Guess I will have to get more oriented to the navigation in these carol Reed games!! I really enjoy them and find them very challenging and always end up using a walk through eventually.

posted in Blue Madonna: A Carol Reed Story on Mar 7, 11 6:15 AM
I haven't looked at any walk through yet, being only one day into the game, but I found that even in Carol's notebook the directions aren't clear. It says "Pitchfork by tractor in Tivets barn". I went around the barn inside and out and all the area I could but no tractor to be seen. Not anything we call a tractor here in Canada, anyway. So i passed my cursor over every seen object in the whole area and saw no sign of anything usable.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator