Posts created by Loralia

posted in Rescue Team 5 on Nov 5, 15 5:23 AM
I did it! I enjoy many resource managment if they have a relaxed mostly because I like figuring out my strategy. Because I was in the trial I guess I was in too big of a hurry and missed a couple of details. Thank you for your assistance, it was very helpful. I haven't played a new one in a while (I tend to replay certain games a lot, changing my strategy as I go to mix things up) and forgot a couple things.

Match 3's generally aren't anxiety free for me, lol. There's been a few I've enjoyed but way back when I got sort of burned out on them as it always seemed I would end up stuck with nothing to do and no where to go. I admit this was some years ago when I first discovered PC games and they have changed a lot in the last 8-10 years.

Thanks again!

posted in Rescue Team 5 on Nov 4, 15 3:30 AM
It's embarrassing to admit so early in the game but I cannot figure out how to get enough food to finish this level.There's only so much available, I've tried several different ways and frankly I'm stumped. I'm short about 200 in food. I have 20 food left, all the animals and a bridge to take care of but no food. Can't build a diner and there's no fish left to catch.

I play to relax, not stress. Why do they have to make it so difficult so early? I was delighted to see this game but not if I have to work THIS hard to make it through. How did the rest of you get it?

posted in Gunspell on Aug 12, 15 8:54 PM
Thank you for explaining how to repair! I hadn't figured that out and it was frustrating. Upgrade, yes, repair no. Now I at least have that option.

posted in Gunspell on Aug 12, 15 8:48 PM
I'm generally not much for Match-3 games but once I tried it, I bought it and then I fell into it and played for over two hours without a break. Was I ever suprised when I surfaced . I haven't gotten this lost in a game in a very long time.

I like it. I could wish for a few more instructions but so far I'm managing to figure it out, more or less anyway. I do consider it a great stress reliever as you get to shoot things and win. Yes, I admit it, I like to shoot things and win (only in games, thank you very much) although at the moment I have an ant walker that so far is my Waterloo but in the end I'll get it.

I haven't bothered to listen to the music (most of the time I find it distracting) or sound effects, but the graphics are decent, the colors fine and so far I haven't had any real problems. I did notice in the meditation room that I had to double click much of the time so didn't get near as much strength back.

There are a few things about it that remind me of Evy: Magic Spheres but it is much more complex. Maybe a bit too wordy but on the whole, I'm having a good time. I'm enjoying the distraction!

posted in Amulet of Dreams on Aug 4, 15 10:30 AM
I clicked all over but no pic of the safe. All I get is a spot that tells me to put in the combination but no pic. This game is just not for me. Too bad, otherwise it had great reviews and I could have used something different and not the standard CE that seems to be mostly what is offered these days. I really wish BigFish hadn't sold out, things were different when the original creators had it. And now I guess I'm just being b****y

Thank you for your reply, I sincerely appreciate it.

posted in Amulet of Dreams on Jul 30, 15 5:10 AM
I managed to reach the point of finding the safe but it doesn't show up. It tells me to put in the combination but there is nothing there. I click the hint button, it shows where the safe apparently is but it stays black. Vista, all drivers up to date.

Why is it so dark? So far this game is not so great, as far as I'm concerned. I don't care to just randomly click around hoping to find something and the hints don't always help either. I thought with all the positive reviews this would be just what I've been looking so (far too many CE's from my perspective, want a really good, bug free TM) but so far not so much.

posted in Brownies on Jul 20, 15 2:18 PM
Although I love this game and it's a lot of fun (yes, I bought it. I, too, have been waiting weeks for a good TM) it's definitely a glitchy game. Any chance of getting the devs to issue a fix??? Every time I exit I have to ctrl-alt-del which means the replayability (is that a word? ) is less than other games. I replay certain favorite games a lot but if I have to reboot every time I exit this game that is going to be a problem. (a friend is also having the identical problem) I have vista and nothing I've done changes anything, drivers and video card all up to date and none of the helpful hints make a difference. It's too bad, it's a really cute, fun game!

posted in Brownies on Jul 18, 15 8:55 AM
I did exactly the same thing. It took me nearly to the end of the trial to realize it wasn't acorns but people.

Yep, felt a little silly

I am on this level as well. My problem is I can't find/get the mysterious controller. I did the glowing orb on the fish, clicked on the items inside the box, but there is no mysterious controller in my inventory. I went back and looked VERY CAREFULLY in case it was somewhere else in the strategy room but could not find a thing. Am I seriously going to have to uninstall and reinstall to start this game over???? I really don't want to do that, it takes a lot of fun out of a game for me.

posted in Fishdom: Depths of Time Collector's Edition on Feb 1, 15 11:19 AM
I bought the first Fishdom game and loved it. I had a ball with the tanks and screensaver, it was so soothing. Ever since then I haven't found one I liked as much. Yes, now the fish interact with you and so forth but IMO the items to buy are way too fantastical and I admit I like a more natural appearance. The original Fishdom supplied that.

THIS GAME! Sheesh, not only are the items really expensive and even more fantastical (I'm sorry, most just seem silly to me) but it's not just harder, it's impossible, at least for me. I play to relax, to have fun, to take some time away from the daily difficulties of life and this game cannot supply that, not for me. The double bombs, (seriously?) seeing what's ahead in the general instructions, it's just too much for my poor brain. I bought elsewhere at a good sale so can't ask for my money back but this is my last Fishdom and I'm uninstalling it. If this is how they are making their games now, I want no part of it. It's too bad, they had a really good thing going here.

posted in Quest of the Sorceress on Nov 11, 14 8:33 AM
I downloaded this game as it looked like it might be a fun one, at least for just sitting back and having a good time. However, it was problematic from the onset. My computer grumbled and chattered it's way through the download, much more than usual, and there was hesitation from the get-go. Once it finally downloaded and activated, it was in widescreen with bars at the top and bottom. Call me spoiled but I don't care for that. In addition, there was considerable hesitation and freezing just trying to create a profile, much less play the game. I had to quit and delete the game and my computer went back to normal.

In an odd way, it seemed the game was heavy and clunky but I don't know how to explain it more than that. (I'm not a techie) What graphics I was able to see looked really great, but I could not see much. I have a Vista operating system on this Dell and everything is up-to-date.

It seems to me this is a very buggy game and I'm surprised no one picked this up before releasing it or is it just me? Just curious.

posted in Insane Cold: Back to the Ice Age on Sep 8, 14 7:45 AM
Thank you! That was it, it worked perfectly. I had almost tried it but thought surely that book had more significance than that so didn't.

You just never know what will work, do you?

posted in Insane Cold: Back to the Ice Age on Sep 7, 14 9:48 PM
I am in the hospital office through what looks like a wardrobe and the scales on the left say I need to balance them but I cannot figure out how. I don't have anything to do it with and can't find anything either. My hint button says I am to do this now but am stuck. What is used to balance the scales? The books won't move.

I admit that although this is a frustrating game I am still enjoying the premise of it. Yes, it's buggy and has some issues but the storyline is a bit different, even though thee are some significant storyline inconsistencies in the HOS and other places but I am still enjoying it. However, had I known ahead of time just HOW buggy it was I might not have tried it.

BFG, why are there so many buggy games lately and why aren't you doing anything about them? Just getting a free game coupon isn't the issue. I buy a game because I want to play it, not get halfway through only to discover it's unplayable.

posted in Insane Cold: Back to the Ice Age on Sep 7, 14 9:40 PM
hiramsmom wrote:Sorry I have to agree... This looked to be interesting but........there are a ton of mistakes like a tube for a pipe (smoking) a squirrel that is really a red fox a zipper that is a lightening bolt I'm glad there is no timer or penalty for miss-clicks. I'm stuck in the hospital hallway in the cabinet. The last thing I need to find is a lighter!!! well the hint says it's the thing on the back wall that looks like an intercom. What am I supposed to do with it?????????????? Anybody have an idea??????

The thing on the back wall that looks like an intercom is actually a wall safe. Look in the cupboard the lower right and you will see four numbers. Click on those numbers on the safe (tiny but there) the safe will open and you will have your lighter.

posted in Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition on Aug 21, 14 2:27 AM
Glitterbutterfly:

I, too, didn't get the gold hand and you cannot proceed without it. This is the 2nd game I've purchased in the last month that had issues. Abyss: Wraiths of Eden was another. Game coupons are well and fine but what if we want to actually PLAY and FINISH a game? Isn't that why we purchase them? It used to be that Bigfish took care of problems immediately, not just toss a game coupon at you if something didn't work. I understand the devs are the ones who create the games and then create fixes but shouldn't THEY care if there are problems? Does no one actually play these games first to make sure they function? Bigfish, when did the "bottom line" become more important than us, your loyal customers? I've been with you as a purchasing customer since 2008 (played many an online game before that) and I am becoming increasingly disappointed and frustrated in your ways of dealing with issues. If the devs don't come through, if customers are so unhappy that they are considering taking their purchasing power elsewhere, it's going to leave you in the cold. Isn't that something worth considering? Or do you think enough will stay anyway to make it worth while? Why have you not even responded in any way to address the issues raised here? It's certainly enough to make me reconsider my membership with you. You used to have top of the line customer service, maybe it's time you remembered who made you what you are today! Without us, there would be no Bigfish.

posted in Northern Tale 4 on Jul 30, 14 7:46 AM
Was I delighted to see this! I was wishing for another game and when I came onto Bigfish, here it was! Treat indeed. I love this series and it definitely never disappoints. It's one I would get without even trying it first.

I highly recommend using the tips, at least at first. I turned mine off and had to go back and turn them back on as they've added a few new wrinkles. I'm still early in the game but I already know I am buying it and they just happen to have a half-price sale today. Double treat! Anyway, Northern Tale lovers, this one is really good. Yes, a bit of same old-same old but lots of new things and they definitely upped the playing level.

Great way to start the day!

posted in Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden on Jul 17, 14 6:04 PM
Has anyone had a problem in level 6 with the ladle? I have freed myself, collected the ladle and am attempting to fill it again from the drip on the knob but the vine killer will not go into the ladle, no matter how carefully I place it. I have moved the ladle around, a hairsbreadth at a time (and I mean that literally), from above to below the knob and all around it, and the vine killer will not go into it. Any suggestions?

posted in Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden on Jul 16, 14 1:21 PM
I freed myself, I have the ladle but the vine killer won't go into the ladle, either in the close up window or from a regular position. I tried for 15 minutes to position the ladle correctly and the vine killer simply won't go in. It actually moves away from the ladle, no matter what. Now what do I do? Anyone else have this problem?

posted in Northern Tale 3 on Apr 8, 14 3:31 PM
I was DELIGHTED to find this on Bigfish this morning. This series is also one my all-time favorite games, right from the very first one which I played.....and played till I knew every detail. (I also HIGHLY agree about Adelentado) I had to go out today so played for a few minutes but hey, no brainer, it's mine now . I really need the distraction right now anyway.

Yes, it's familiar but that's one of the things I enjoy about it. I like knowing that while the story line is different, SOME things will be the same so it's not like breaking in a whole new game. I love the different modes for timing, the colors are always fantastic, and I really enjoy the animals. I never listen to sound effects or music, too distracting for me, so can't comment on those. I'd just like to add that I always play untimed (I like to take my time to plan my strategy, this ol' brain needs that extra time) but I can queue tasks with that mode as well.

Keep em' coming!

posted in League of Mermaids: Pearl Saga on Apr 8, 14 8:19 AM
I hadn't played or seen this game before and I did enjoy it. It seems like a good replayable game. I'm generally not a match3 fan, I can get stuck somewhere and can't finish a level. Add in I prefer untimed versions so I have the time to plan my strategy. However, IMO, this game was WAY too short and I'm glad I got it on sale. (I may go look for the free one) Having said all that, I thought it was fun, the colors great, can't say much about the music as I never listen to music in games, and it kept my brain busy, always a plus, lol.

I've been buying games from BFG since 2008 and I stayed with them as they had the best games. the most games, and the best variety games. They also had unbeatable customer service and I almost always got my money's worth. I'm sorry to hear they are resorting to this sort of "rerouting". We SHOULD be told!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator