Posts created by obrien60

posted in Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua on Mar 6, 10 6:14 AM
I have never been able to do these kind of puzzles. Help! Walk through zero help just says to move the tiles. duh, really?

posted in Hidden Identity: Chicago Blackout on Mar 3, 10 1:43 PM
I was reading where some folks from across the pond were confused by the basketball reference. Just to let you know it goes both ways. I just spent 10 minutes looking for a torch. lol aah yes a flashlight!

I think this is a very light hearted game. Even if the character is wandering around confused. Maybe especially because of that.

posted in Hidden Identity: Chicago Blackout on Mar 3, 10 1:32 PM
I don't get the very negative reviews either. I think it is funny, cheerful and the graphics are nice. NOT grainy, No items invisibly placed in the dark. The timer did not matter as it is so long. The no skip on the puzzles is not a good thing on any game. I played the hour and did NOT repeat a room. Amazing! lol there have been so many games where you go back to the same area over and over. That is boring.
I had no technical issue and liked the "feel" with the curser. (some games are really annoying with wandering cursers or slow cursers).

Also I liked that you clicked on an item and it went off the list! Lately some games you have to pixel hunt on the object to find just the right place it will work.

I was having fun until I read these reviews.

I do wish I knew how long it was though. If you are on the fence, at least base your opinion on trying the game and not the reviews.

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Feb 24, 10 10:41 AM
I am finally on chapter 3. Whew. What a great game. Not for everyone though. My question also has to do with the MP3 player. It must be charged as I got my clue, but it never comes off the list. It still says check to see if it is charged. ??? Also the "no headphones" keeps blinking. Am I going to find headphones?
Thanks!

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Feb 23, 10 8:33 AM
The cat is going to be too fat to get through the door soon, so I can finally see it!

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Feb 23, 10 8:32 AM
I had just finished the translation of the stone and gone to the car and read the diary from the 60's. Eventually I wandered back to the house to feed the cat (lol this is what I do when I can't figure out what is going on) and it came back. I was very relieved! Thanks, now I won't think glitch, I will think more.

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Feb 22, 10 3:43 PM
I am in chapter 2 and the map option disappeared at the bottom. Is this normal for where I am in the game or is it a glitch? help!

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Feb 21, 10 3:21 PM
I just put my comments of the trial in the reviews post, didn't realize you were here. I am going to to download the full version. Very lovely, spooky game so far! Are the study and the office the same room? I found the key, went in, read books etc. but the "find the study key" did not come off the list. ??

Thanks for the great game!

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Feb 21, 10 3:08 PM
I like this game very much. It is not the swirling around 360 game for those who are worried. As mentioned above, you click arrows to move. I like this type of adventure game and wanted to go past the limits of the trial soo bad! I even like the music, and sound effects. Usually I take off the headphones when I play games. However today was very hard because I have half an ear on the Olympics and I didn't want to choose.

I was nervous to see the piano, I saw the tune to play and the keys and ran to feed the cat. I don't know music. sigh. I found a key to the study and went there and read some things, but the key did not come off the list. Is there another study? This room had books, computer etc.

Definate buy for me! Not a game for anyone in a hurry to finish anything. It is not that type of game.

posted in Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal on Feb 19, 10 8:08 AM
Thank goodness I am not alone. I dread those memory mini games that escalate to being really hard. I skip them too. I will not even download the trial now.

posted in Awakening: The Dreamless Castle on Feb 15, 10 8:02 AM
It seems to me on this game if you open the book, the solutions to each puzzle are in there.. I opened the page to the faces and matched them.

posted in Shutter Island on Feb 13, 10 2:08 PM
I like this game very much. It is running fine for me but I would like to know how long the game is. I saw other people talking about chapters, but I didn't see chapter indications while playing. I got to fix the generator then the hour was up.

posted in Rhianna Ford & The Da Vinci Letter on Jan 21, 10 8:07 AM
gameslvr wrote:
redneck57 wrote:
obrien60 wrote:What is MB?

Mortimer Beckett and The Lost King, the new one just came out
Welcome to the pond obrien

MB is only out in the "premier" edition for $19.99. Looks like BF isn't the only site going to the more expensive editions. Might as well buy games at the store.

Thanks!

posted in Rhianna Ford & The Da Vinci Letter on Jan 21, 10 6:15 AM
What is MB?

Well Jeez, I'm glad I didn't buy this in December. Today it pops up at $2.99 even for non game members. Should I put off buying all new games for 5 weeks and get 1/2 off? Why should non-members ever get the daily deal?

posted in Heroes of Hellas 2: Olympia on Jan 14, 10 9:01 AM
I played this game for five hours yesterday and am not close to the end. It goes through many levels (borough, town, city, capital). It is quite long. It is a very nice match game with mini games now and again. Some were very hard and I ended up having to skip them. Well worth the $6.99 for me.

posted in The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 on Jan 10, 10 11:29 AM
I am going to wait until all three are out. This does feel like a larger game broken into 3 from the walkthrough and what I am guessing about the map, the mystery is not solved, and I do not want to have a break in continuity. Just charge $21 if that's what they want to do and give me the whole game.

Other than that, graphics great, puzzles hard with options to dummy down if you want. I had no trouble with the curser. I happen to like the 360, so that was fun too.

My hour was great. Some other posters said they were almost done in one hour, but I only made it to the bank vault. I have been trying to play sinking island and it is soooo slow. this games moves right along. I am waiting for my credit though as the holidays made me soo broke!
Happy New Year Everyone

posted in Insider Tales: Vanished in Rome on Dec 25, 09 1:31 PM
This game works fine for me (am on vista). It is very beautiful but I don't know how long it is and there is no walkthrough. (that is where I usually peek for length).

I played the free hour while everyone has their Christmas nap. I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday!

posted in Natalie Brooks: Mystery at Hillcrest High on Dec 23, 09 6:13 AM
Anybody know how long this game is? No walkthrough to check. I got to end of boat scene during trial. Seems like a nice game.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator