Posts created by bachlein

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition on Oct 22, 10 9:46 AM
(Toward the end of the game...) I have gotten the gauntlet from under the steps, but I cannot "reenter" the steps close up to see a mouse trap to use the gauntlet. I think I need whatever is in the mouse trap to continue the game. The strategy guide shows the mouse trap, but my game doesn't show it!! I have very mixed feelings about this game!! I have found my problem. I was going back to the right after exiting Void's car, when I should have been clicking the down arrow. DOH!!

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Oct 15, 10 1:30 PM
I can't find the wedding ring in the judges room. I used "hint" several times, and the crow just flies diagonally across the scene. He doesn't really show me where the ring is...and it's really small by how it looks when the hints show the outline. Can anyone help me? The walkthrough doesn't show all the HOs.
Never mind. I see that it's in a box on the table behind the desk. Just wasn't looking closely enough.

posted in Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White on Oct 8, 10 10:29 AM
I have just had the SAME thing happen to me. I was all the way into the chapel and now, I'm stuck at the front door with messages at all places...,"there is nothing do do here." HELP!

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison on Sep 17, 10 3:13 PM
I LOVED this game. The puzzles were not so hard that I gave up on them, but I did have to think about how I was going to solve them. Some of the puzzles weren't all that apparent when first meeting the them, but the "hint" button would set you on the right path. I was a very fun game, that took more than a day to play. Most of the HOGs take only a few hours, but this was not a typical HOG...in fact there was little object finding, except for the "clues" that you were looking for. (Which I suppose could be called hidden objects!) I would definitely recommend this game... a lot of fun to play! (I would have liked to have a "reset" button on some of the puzzles. I got them hopelessly mixed up, and it was hard to figure them out. I tended to overthink some of the solutions.)

posted in The Legend of Crystal Valley on Aug 24, 10 3:31 PM
I just finished this game and I have to say it was worth every penny!! It wasn't hard, but it wasn't simple, either. (Some of the puzzles I overthought...when they were really pretty straight forward.) It was a very pleasant diversion for a couple of days playing. I loved the music and sounds in this game. Ordinarily, I have to turn off the music because it's so inane. This had nice music...and it changed with most of the scenes. I puzzles were fun and (mostly) easy to figure out and do. I did have trouble until I realized that I had to double click on an object of magic before it would work. Its a really fun game. Worth the price!

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Aug 16, 10 8:55 AM
I loved this game. I get so tired of playing games that take only a few hours to a day...but this one was a challenge. It was very nice that there were "notes" to look at that gave hints (and more, sometimes) what to do next. I like that once you had visited a location, you could navigate there automatically via the map. I wish that the notebook, however stayed on the most recent page. It was irritating that I had to page through it each time I wanted to look at my "notes." A slide bar on the inventory would have been nice, too. Clicking back and forth was an inconvenience. All in all, it was WELL WORTH what I paid for this game....and the game people were VERY responsive when I had a glitch. It was fixed easily. LOTS OF FUN!!!! FIVE STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Aug 14, 10 7:22 AM
Of course, I KNEW I had seen it, but couldn't, for the life of me, remember where. Thanks soooooo much!

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Aug 13, 10 5:43 PM
For the life of me I can't remember where I saw the rocking horse. Can someone please help me?

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet on Aug 3, 10 11:24 AM
I'm in the morning of day 2. I have "picked up" several pieces of paper...and the slate tablets. The pieces of paper do not show up in my inventory, and the tablets will not "assemble" when I click them together. I have PM-ed someone (That I found somewhere on this website--that I can't find anymore), but have not heared from her. (I think she works at the company where the game was made.) Any help would be appreciated.

posted in Hidden Expedition: Amazon ™ on Jul 16, 10 12:10 PM
I can't do anything here at the start of Ch.9. I know when I play on my pc, Big Fish can take care of things, but I'm wondering about the iPad fixes.

posted in Hidden Expedition: Amazon ™ on Jul 16, 10 12:08 PM
I told someone else about this yesterday, so I am repeating myself. I think the "sweet spot" is really tiny on the iPad, etc. Just keep lightly tapping on the medallion and all around it, and it will eventually come out.

posted in Hidden Expedition: Amazon ™ on Jul 15, 10 5:04 PM
I was having trouble with the medallion, too. But I just kept (VERY lightly) tapping the medallion and all around the statue mouth, and it finally came out.

posted in Mr. Biscuits: The Case of the Ocean Pearl on Jun 6, 10 12:39 PM
Thank heavens for the "try it" mode!!

posted in Alabama Smith in the Quest of Fate on May 30, 10 3:12 PM
I really liked this game. The HOG part was fine, and the puzzles were excellent! Challenging, but not impossible. Having played this one, I bought the AS Escape from Pompeii. It was TERRIBLE!!!! Really short, and elementary!! Get this one, but not the Pompeii one.

posted in Special Enquiry Detail: The Hand that Feeds on May 30, 10 3:06 PM
I liked this game. It wasn't terribly hard, but finding some of the things WAS a challenge...but NOT impossible, if you looked carefully. One thing that I REALLY liked, was that, once the game was done, you could go back and find "all" the hidden things that the game asks you to find. It just extended the "play" just a little bit longer. I don't like it when the HOG games (or ANY games, for that matter) last only a couple of hours. This one took me part of 2 days to complete (and the extended searching took me into the 3rd day).

posted in Alabama Smith in the Quest of Fate on May 27, 10 12:12 PM
I have strung the rope (numberous times!!) over ALL the grating, but it just disappears and makes me do it all over again. There doesn't seem to be a solution for this in the WT.
Nevermind, I found it...DOH!!!

posted in Remedy on Apr 17, 10 8:27 AM
I have the pestle, but there are no "gears" at the basement door where I can put it to use as a door stop. I have looked at the magnet and know that it's not strong enough. I NEED the ladder!!!!! that's downstairs...and can't get back out without using the pestle as the door stop. HELP!!!!

posted in Black Circle: A Carol Reed Mystery on Apr 14, 10 9:19 AM
OMG!! I'm so happy to find another Carol Reed game!! I thought that I had played all the Big Fish ones, but I guess not. I didn't mind that I couldn't go very far in the demo, because I had already played 3 or 4 of the other Carol Reed games, so I knew what they were like. Yes, for $7, it's lots of fun!! But WHY in the BF description does it say that she is an English detective? It's so obvious that she's Swedish...and IN Sweden.

posted in Unexpected Journey on Apr 1, 10 10:05 AM
I'm in the room where I found a lot of ships and bananas...and am now looking for the chain cutters. My curser has gotten SLOW and very jerky. Once when that happened before, I exited then continued, but that's not happening this time.

posted in The Cameron Files: Secret at Loch Ness on Jan 14, 10 9:18 AM
I'm liking this game a lot. You can tell by the graphics that its not all that new, but it's lots of fun. The puzzles run the gamit from easy to difficult. If I have trouble with something, I try for a couple of days to figure it out, then go to Gameboomers for the walkthrough. I try to read only enough to give me a hint for solving. All in all, I would say that nearly all the games that I have gotten from Gamefish are certainly worth the price. AND what I really like is that they are all in "my account" just waiting if I want to redownload any of them to play again. (Not cluttering up my bookcase.) And if you do have a problem with a game, the customer service people will try their hardest to made you happy. This is a super website!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator