Posts created by nantyglyn

Solice wrote:
While I do not have a clue for you at this time, I will tell you that anyone who plans on searching in the Seattle area for invitations tomorrow should keep an eye out starting at 9:00 am for hints to my location. They may need help from you fellow fishies, this one is a bit harder. I will be waiting from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm!

ARGGHH!!! I have a volunteer shift from 9am to 1pm tomorrow. Maybe I can get off a little early. BUT I will need help with the clue - if the last one was easy, and I couldn't get that one by myself - I will NEVER be able to get the next one without a little help from my friends!

Well, fishies, I'm a little late to jumping into this thread, but I've been following it. I don't feel that I could have contributed to the awesome sleuthing you all have done.

I'm so happy for mchicspic that she got an invite to the Paaaaarty. I wanna go too! I read the thread about the invites (and related posts in this thread) too late to participate. Bummer! But - I couldn't have figured it out, anyway. I am amazed and impressed that you figured out where to go. So - when the next clue comes out, will you PLEEEAASSSEEE help me to try to figure out where to go? I'm here in Seattle, and would LOVE to attend the party. But it takes great fishie minds like you all to help. And I'd love to meet mchicspic.

I saw the hint that it might be Saturday. I hope the clue is posted on Friday, as I have a couple of commitments on Saturday, and I DON'T want to miss anything!

Let me say again that I am very impressed by all the great fishie minds in the pond.

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Void on Nov 12, 10 2:25 PM
Okay - I'm downloading now - and just how many of us are here from the Seattle area? This is not a typical November day - but I'm not complaining. In fact, I'd better demo the game after the sun goes down. I hear fallen leaves out there just begging to be raked.

ETA: kdubs, that's why I got an external hard drive too. My stated reason was for backups, but my REAL reason was for all these games!

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® on Oct 10, 10 9:53 PM
123rhea456 wrote:I went back and now I can't get down the stairs that goes to the Violin man. Do you know if there is something I can do so I don't replay the entire game?

Go to the forum for Drawn: Dark Flight. There is a lot of help there, as well as a link to the walkthrough. I don't remember the details of the game, but I'm sure you won't have to start at the beginning again.

posted in Elixir of Immortality on Jul 16, 10 1:38 PM
You know it's a good game when the hour is up and you wonder how did it go so fast? Everything about this game is first rate. It does seem a little on the easy side. It's always obvious what to do next. But I'm loving it!

posted in The Heritage on May 27, 10 8:48 PM
brutomemo wrote:
chris122049 wrote:I was wondering which machines are having trouble with it. I have a compaq Presario with Vista.............

Yes, it looks like it is Vista only.
If you don't mind saying, what is the chapter number it shows when you are stuck? It is showing the chapter you should be at? And the mouse over "menu" or "close" actually produce some sound or graphic effect (like flashing)?

I'm sorry to report that I also got stuck with an empty locket after chapter 1 and had to quit with the task manager, but I am running XP SP3. I did have the smoke. The only button that worked was the Help button.

(But I like what I saw so far!)

posted in The Heritage on May 24, 10 10:44 PM
Just as a point of interest and to help those working on the locket glitch - I did not download the game before this evening (5/24, about 9pm PDT) because of the issues I read about here. So, this was the first time I was playing it. I finished the first chapter, got to the locket, and it locked up. The locket was empty, and I had to use Task Manager to get out of it. I tried the game again to see what would happen. It worked perfectly the second time, and I played fine until my demo time ended (I was in Chapter 7, I think). I really enjoyed playing it. It's well constructed, just to my liking.

I feel bad for the developers, as I am sure they are doing all they can. Anyone who has been a computer programmer (as I have) can understand how these things can happen, and how frustrating it is for the developers.

Fishies, please try to be patient as they work this out. I'm sure they are doing everything they can to solve the problems. It will be worth the wait.

posted in Hamlet on May 12, 10 5:32 PM
I didn't think I would like this game, given the look of the graphics. But I played the demo and found myself sucked in. I was surprised when the demo came to an end (at the music notes - hard to do that one). I'll have to check the length. If I'm not halfway through I'll have to get this one.

posted in Hamlet on May 12, 10 5:23 PM
loveelvis, see the thread "Combination to the Padlock"

posted in Escape the Lost Kingdom on May 6, 10 10:17 AM
Where does one get 3D glasses? Do they make the game more enjoyable? How does that work?

posted in Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors on Apr 18, 10 5:00 PM
I finally have had the time to try this game. I think it's very well done. I'm only about half way through, looking at the number of shards I've collected. Overall the graphics are beautiful, and the flow of the game is well thought out, which is what I appreciate. The game is not difficult. Items are easy to find, and you are pretty well led to what to do next. But I appreciate that the game flows so well. The developers put a lot of thought into it, making it smooth. Not being difficult is not a bad thing. There are times when one wants to be mentally challenged, and times when one wants to sit back and relax and enjoy a game. This one falls into the latter category.

Only negative is that I think the storyline is confusing. Oh well.

Good work, devs!

posted in The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon on Apr 4, 10 11:47 PM
cesse47 wrote: Are you using the custom cursor? If so, you might try going to Menu Options and turning it off.

Hi, Cesse!

I tried going to "options" to turn off the custom cursor but I did not see the option there. All I saw was the option to switch to a "big" cursor which made the cursor problem even worse. Where do you turn off the custom cursor?

posted in AltSHIFT on Mar 18, 10 10:37 PM
I don't get it - I can't get past level 1-4 where you fall into the hole. How to get out? In my younger years I finished all of Chip's Challenge, but I'm stuck here. I just don't get it.

posted in Green Moon on Jan 24, 10 6:58 PM
I wonder if those getting frustrated with this game are having the same problem that did, not realizing there was a game problem going on. Here's what happened to me: when I got to the book and clicked on it, I read the first two pages of text. Then turned the page to find the first task. But there was nothing there except a dark starry sky background - no text, nothing telling me I had to make coffee. Only when I read this thread did I realize I was missing something. I had thought that if I figured out what to do, then something would appear in the dark, starry sky on the task page. When I went back into the game, this time the text appeared in the book. I made coffee. Then when I completed the task and went back to the book for task two, the same thing - the task pages were just dark starry skies. If someone has this problem, she will have no idea what the tasks are. Try closing the game and then reopening it. Then the text on the task pages may appear.

posted in Green Moon on Jan 24, 10 6:41 PM
I wonder if those getting frustrated with this game are having the same problem that did, not realizing there was a game problem going on. Here's what happened to me: when I got to the book and clicked on it, I read the first two pages of text. Then turned the page to find the first task. But there was nothing there except a dark starry sky background - no text, nothing telling me I had to make coffee. Only when I read this thread did I realize I was missing something. I had thought that if I figured out what to do, then something would appear in the dark, starry sky on the task page. When I went back into the game, this time the text appeared in the book. I made coffee. Then when I completed the task and went back to the book for task two, the same thing - the task pages were just dark starry skies. If someone has this problem, she will have no idea what the tasks are. Try closing the game and then reopening it. I will also start a new thread with this same comment.

posted in Kuros on Jul 14, 09 4:11 PM
Mine did the same thing. So I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and it worked fine.

posted in Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine on Jul 11, 09 10:15 AM
Poodlebear - the time and thought you put into your reviews is much appreciated. i always look for them (and the other reviews, too) before I make the decision to download. I don't always have the same opinion after I try a game, but it's definitely a big help (especially if we have a real "stinker"). Keep it up if you can - we'll find you! (and the other reviewers, too)

posted in Escape Rosecliff Island on Apr 15, 09 10:19 PM
lordkalvan wrote:Both "Amazing Adventures", all three "Mystery PI", "Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Sunnyville", and "Undiscovered World: The Incan Sun". There are probably more of course, but those are the ones I know of with the unlimited seek and find.

edit: and if you want to stray out of the pond, there's the Little Shop series, and Sunset Studio. Well I think Sunset Studio has that.. it's called "Rush" instead.

Thanks for the quick response! I have most of those. I'll go dig one out now.

posted in Escape Rosecliff Island on Apr 15, 09 9:30 PM
I like this game a lot. It will be perfect for when I want something fun but not too challenging.

Does anyone remember the other game or games that have unlimited seek and find? I find that to be very relaxing when I need to chill out before bedtime, but I don't remember where they were. Thanks!

posted in Wonderland Adventures: Mysteries of Fire Island on Feb 12, 09 11:16 AM
I really enjoyed the demo, but I found myself wanting to go back to the first one to get a better feel for how the different items work. The first one (called "Wonderland") has a tutorial in the beginning. It's simple, but gave me a better feel for what to do. I'll be getting the whole series, I know. I love this - something different. Reminds me of the old Chip's Challenge, for those of you who remember that game.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator