Posts created by gailweis

CasualGran wrote:
onetoomany wrote:
Someone above wrote there wasn't a strategy guide.....

,,,,,,The bonus game is unrelated to the main part of the game and short.
This is the second CE I've purchased and it's the second CE that you can't tell until after you play it, that the bonus gameplay has nothing to do with the main game

???
Point 1: I haven't seen anyone before you write that there wasn't a strategy guide, but maybe that's just me...
Point 2: The BONUS game IS related to the main game. At least, IMO. And that it would be short... don't know. Maybe that's just a matter of personal opinion too.

CG: Cherb wrote that there's no strategy guide.

Well, once again, CasualGran, Goofyduck and Cherb are making it difficult for me to get through the day. Why I read these reviews as soon as I get to work is beyond me, because now I have to sit here for 8 hours chomping at the bit. Can't wait to get home and d/l this. Two great CEs in a row - way to go!

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition on Oct 20, 10 5:44 AM
I can't believe I have this game sitting in my In-box and haven't d/l yet!! I should have waited until tonight to read these reviews. Now, once again, time is just going to crawl by until I can get home and play! What a bummer!

posted in Sinister City on Oct 20, 10 4:27 AM
Mixed reviews here, so will have to wait until tonight to demo it (darn!). I'm just getting into Adventure games, so perhaps this would be a good one to practice on. BTW, CasualGran and Goofy Duck - love your reviews!

posted in Secret Diaries: Florence Ashford on Oct 19, 10 12:38 PM
special7 wrote:After Anthony reclaims his fortune and the couple gets married, one can get a paperboat in the bedroom. Where does the paperboat go? People who know and the game creator(s) please inform.

Also, am I supposed to be able to enter the garden at the end of the game despite the lock being rusted?

Thanks for your help.

Hi - Best to ask this on the Comments and Reviews page! Or start a new thread.

posted in Secret Diaries: Florence Ashford on Oct 19, 10 12:34 PM
I thought it was me - I also only get wavy lines, can't see anything. Then I have to reboot because there is no way of getting out of the game. First time it's happened! I'll try uninstalling and installing again.

posted in Mysteries of Magic Island on Oct 19, 10 9:43 AM
dewieee wrote:
gailweis wrote:
hannah57 wrote:I'm up to my ears with these HOGs. Can't these developers come up with a game without hidden objects? I don't mind once-in-awhile playing a HOG but this is getting crazy. I demoed this game and I quit half way through because I simply lost interest. Please, please, make more games without hidden objects in them. I'm all but ready to toss my cookies I'm so sick of it. The graphics were good but that's about it.

Hannah57 - Please contact Customer Service re your complaint. This forum is for "Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island."

It would appear to me, gailweis, that she did exactly what this is for. She commented on the game and reviewed it. " The graphics were good but that's about it"... review..

Can't developers come up with a game without hidden objects?..Comment.

See how that works? I mean really, did her making her post prevent you from reading other reviews or did you just enjoy being on your high horse?

Thanks, Dewieee, last time I post. These forums are getting way too personal and (in your case) nasty for me.

posted in Mysteries of Magic Island on Oct 18, 10 11:44 AM
hannah57 wrote:I'm up to my ears with these HOGs. Can't these developers come up with a game without hidden objects? I don't mind once-in-awhile playing a HOG but this is getting crazy. I demoed this game and I quit half way through because I simply lost interest. Please, please, make more games without hidden objects in them. I'm all but ready to toss my cookies I'm so sick of it. The graphics were good but that's about it.

Hannah57 - Please contact Customer Service re your complaint. This forum is for "Comments and Reviews for Mysteries of Magic Island."

That being said, I like this game, however, I wish there was a penalty for clicking too many times - makes it a lot more challenging. The objects are not too easy, not too hard to find. But, since at my age I find I have problems with short term memory loss, I get crazy trying to get back to a scene to use my inventory - I don't remember where it is!! So I'm just wandering around, hoping against hope that I'll find where I need to be. That's not a complaint - I really am enjoying this game. As a matter of fact, just used a credit to buy it. Enjoy!

posted in Ancient Spirits: Columbus' Legacy on Oct 12, 10 10:57 AM
Thanks for all the reviews - will try it tonight. I have 3 credits from last month, so just may use one of them. If I could add my 2 cents - I buy all sorts of games, and play them depending on my mood. Sometimes a straight HOG, when I need to relax. Other times an IHOG, and then an Adventure, when I need something really stimulating. This sounds like one of the games I would play when I need to relax - like when I've just arrived home after a "wonderful" day at the office. And goofyduck77 - love your reviews.

posted in Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin on Oct 10, 10 2:19 PM
mhatfie wrote:Just curious why this game did not show up under the daily offering...... or did I miss it? I almost bought this game on another game site and am glad I didn't. It has really good reviews A+ on some sites. Also what are the genre pages? (pardon my stupidity). thanks.

This game shows up on the 50% Off Sale E-mail sent by BFG on Saturday morning. I just opened it up 'cause my computer was on the fritz. Can't wait to play!

posted in Incredible Adventures of my Mom on Oct 5, 10 3:56 PM
OMG! I really wanted to like this game. I played 45 minutes of the demo. But, sorry, even for a dedicated HOG player like me, it is not very good. And the music! This game is much too easy! I played without the tutorial and was able to figure out exactly what to do. However, I would recommend it for beginner HOG players. Even if I was in the mood, as I mentioned in my last post, this wouldn't be the game for me. I'd rather play Cooking Dash - Dinertown Studios, again and again (which I have!).

posted in Incredible Adventures of my Mom on Oct 5, 10 4:31 AM
I agree completely with Heatherington and GoofyDuck77. I read these reviews to get a sense of what the game is like, and then I try it. We all like different sorts of games and while some may find it boring, others may find it's just what they need to relax. I enjoy the straight HOG games like Huntsville and Prime Suspects, but I also like the adventure games which are more difficult. It just depends upon my mood. Based on what I've read here, I think I'll like this one. Will demo it tonight and let you know.

posted in Time Mysteries: Inheritance on Oct 3, 10 8:31 AM
I just finished the demo, and I quite like this game. I played in the Expert mode, and while it was a little challenging, it wasn't impossible. The hidden object scenes are good, not too easy. I like that when you need more hints, you have to play a match 3 game. The music and graphics are quite nice. I think this is a buy for me, once I get the 3 credits I earned last month! Happy gaming!

posted in Cooking Dash 3: Thrills and Spills Collector's Edition on Sep 30, 10 8:02 AM
I play DinerTown Studios constantly (CoffeeMom2 - that's a good one to try) - have to admit I was starting to get a little bored and was waiting for this! Can't wait to get home and try it/buy it. Thanks BFG! And thanks, Fishies, for the reviews - sounds awesome!

posted in James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies on Sep 25, 10 2:47 PM
I love this game! Hidden object scenes are somewhat challenging, graphics are great as is the music. Love the story line. I just finished the demo and am definitely buying. It's been a while since there's been a great hidden object game, and I am so excited. Great first scenes, when you had to use the telescope to find the items - very imaginative. Like the fact that you're not penalized for clicking - unlike Goddess Chronicles!

posted in Twisted Lands: Shadow Town Collector's Edition on Sep 23, 10 3:29 PM
Graphics are great, and I like the music. I found the hidden object scenes pretty easy, I like more of a challenge - I want to get frustrated at not knowing what to do, and then euphoric when I figure it out! Will play out the demo and decide, but think I'll pass on the CE.

BTW, I did comment on spelling/grammar in previous posts. Will refrain from that in the future!

posted in Twisted Lands: Shadow Town Collector's Edition on Sep 23, 10 12:19 PM
gameslvr wrote:Wow! VERY intregueing-- uh, intreguing-- uh, intregueng ---- well, interesting game! Not sure if I'm willing to pay a CE price for it but a great game nontheless.

It's "nonetheless." Sorry, couldn't resist.

posted in Twisted Lands: Shadow Town Collector's Edition on Sep 23, 10 12:01 PM
BossBrat wrote:This is a large game and the reason for the limited free play I'm sure. I noticed, right off, that people who create video games still don't know how to spell! In the very first scene the woman says something along the lines of "I've said my piece", obviously the incorrect spelling of the word in the context of what she was saying. "Peace" would have been the word to use instead. Gee, do these people get actually make all this money with not enough education to know which word to use in a sentence? The answer is obviously 'yes', lol.

"I've said my piece" seems correct to me. Don't know in what context "said my peace" would be used. That said, once again I'm reading great reviews at work and can't wait to get home to try it. Can't tell you how many games I've bought this month - yes I can, 2 CEs and 5 others. Never bought that many in one month before! Don't tell me I now have to buy another one! My pocketbook is running dry! Will post again tonight, after playing the demo, but based on these reviews, guess I'm in for it!

posted in 3 Cards to Midnight on Sep 19, 10 12:33 PM
It's really a different game, but I'm getting confused at the word association. What does the word "dart" have to do with "love"? I'll play through the demo, at an easier level, and maybe it will start making sense!

posted in Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White on Sep 18, 10 1:57 PM
Sorry, I know it's listed as a Hidden Object game, but I don't think that's appropriate.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator