Posts created by cagamenut

Wow, I love this game! Beautiful graphics and unique puzzles. I'm glad I bought the CE since I'm not sure that I would know where I was without it. Always mute the music so I can't comment on that. Great story line. Because of the puzzles and wandering around, this game seemed longer. Awesome game; thank you BF! Two thumbs up

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera on Sep 6, 10 8:52 PM
Finally finished the game and have no idea what the ending meant! It didn't seem to make any sense at all.

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera on Sep 4, 10 8:15 PM
I can't save it either. It's a long game but when I go back to play again, I have to start from the beginning. Unless I play all day, there is no way I will ever get to finish it. The error message is 'Error: Access Violation at 0X018D1A47 (tried to read from 0X01CF4D30), program terminated'. Game was downloaded using IE. I've never had a problem saving a BF game

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® Collector's Edition on Aug 31, 10 12:46 PM
Game loaded and is playing but I'm only getting the bottom half of the words too. This may be one game where I will really need the strategy guide. Are the missing words a game glitch? I was so excited to see this sequel to Drawn, one of my favorite games, but want to make sure it's going to work before buying.

posted in The Seawise Chronicles: Untamed Legacy on Aug 31, 10 11:24 AM
I felt like I was playing in a comic book, and didn't like the graphics at all. Always mute the music so I can't comment on that. I enjoy FROG games but this one was just not up to par. The cursor was a little strange but not really a problem. Some of the objects were very difficult to find due to the dark or cluttered background. A no buy for me after playing the trial version for 20 minutes.

posted in Mystic Diary: Haunted Island on Aug 19, 10 8:44 AM
I really enjoyed this game; no tech glitches and very nice graphics. The hint button doesn't really do much unless you want to know what to do with a specific item, but that makes it more interesting. Puzzles are mostly easy. I muted the music so can't comment on that. I liked that you could click on the dialog and diary entries, and didn't have to wait for the page to fill in. My only objection is the magic scrolls. If a player has a disability such as Parkinson's, Essential Tremor, etc, 'writing' the sign for the scrolls is almost impossible. It would be nice if the developers gave users a little leeway on how exact the signs must be. However, you can skip them. I almost didn't buy this game after trying the first Mystic Diary, but I'm glad I did.

posted in Exorcist on Aug 18, 10 9:09 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed that there would be no tech issues, I bought this game after the trial. It's great! No tech issues and while the puzzles are quite easy, I'm enjoying the story line and the beautiful graphics. It seems like a fairly long game and one that could be replayed. Can't comment on the music since I always mute that. The hints were very helpful and I did use them. In one scene, you need a screw driver to remove some screws, but you don't have one. The next scene provides the screw driver. Just enough to keep you guessing. A triumph of good over evil in this game

posted in Exorcist on Aug 17, 10 2:36 PM
I read all the tech problems that people posted but have decided to buy it. The game is interesting so I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll have no issues with it.

posted in Redrum: Time Lies on Aug 8, 10 5:19 PM
textrekkie wrote:Yes--after every jigsaw puzzle and after every drag and click puzzle and every move the column and rows puzzle the game freezes. And not just once-- everytime. As soon as you place the last piece or move the last row--frozen. No problems anywhere else in the game. Just the puzzles mentioned above. Used Task Manager to end the process (showed game not responding). Was able to restart the game with no problem exactly where I left off.

I had to solve each of these puzzles to the last piece, and then skip the puzzles in order to continue the game.

I tried that after the first drag and click puzzle but it didn't work. In fact, it reverted back to the original uncompleted puzzle so it never registered that I had completed it. I had a hard time getting the frozen game to end, even using Task Manager. I'm not willing to buy a game that I have to finagle in order for it not to freeze.

posted in Redrum: Time Lies on Aug 7, 10 7:50 PM
The game totally froze when the first drag and click puzzle was completed. Sadly, a no buy for me. I was so excited when I saw this game offered because I love Redrum but a frozen game is unacceptable.

Well, durn, I loved the first one and was so excited to see the Enlightenus II, but I don't want the Mayan Princess game. I'll wait it out until the regular version is issued.

After taking the faucet handle off the kitchen sink, I put it on the bathtub, which I thought was a logical step. Problem is that if you do that, you will be missing the screw needed for the window latch. If you are missing the screw, look under the round rug in the bathroom. The Strategy Guide doesn't cover this.

You all are the greatest..as usual! I tried multiple times, last night, to open that safe, and while I did try reversing the directions, I still couldn't do it. Turning up the sound to hear the clicks worked. Thank you so much!!

posted in Journalistic Investigations: Stolen Inheritance on Jul 31, 10 2:22 PM
'Spot the difference' mini games means a no buy for me. That's worse than match the butterflies~

Looks like a fascinating and intriguing game, but I too will wait for the $6.99 version. I don't need all those extra things either and am trying to keep costs down. Two Collector's Editions within a few days is a bit too much for me.

posted in Immortal Lovers on Jul 25, 10 9:38 AM
Thanks for the great and informative comments! Since I don't like find the differences, or tiny hard to find objects, I'm not doing to even download the trial. The scenes also look very dark.which might fit the story line, but can be frustrating.

posted in Nemo's Secret: The Nautilus on Jul 23, 10 11:53 AM
Having the same problem. Hitting the Windows button seems to help progress the game, but I think it's a no buy for me. Lovely graphics. Too bad

posted in Nemo's Secret: The Nautilus on Jul 23, 10 11:15 AM
Coronagold wrote:I'm the mayor of Bell CA, therefore I can afford this game.
Love it! Thank you for the laugh even tho it's a really bad situation.

posted in Simajo: The Travel Mystery Game on Jul 20, 10 1:18 PM
Appreciate all the great reviews and won't bother downloading the trial. I too hope it's the bad before the very good!

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets on Jul 17, 10 1:07 PM
Decisions, decisions...too many good games lately! I've almost finished my trial hour and like this game. The voice overs are not obnoxious and you can click on the written dialogue to get to the next. The puzzles, so far, have been easy but interesting. Hidden items are easy to find...maybe too easy for some people. With no timer, you play at your own speed, so it's relaxing. While I enjoy timed games, it's nice to have an untimed one once in a while. I have the other two Hidden Mysteries games and was curious about this one. I always mute the music so can't comment on that. Now to decide whether to buy it now or wait until August

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator