Posts created by DonnyDJ

posted in Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe on May 28, 09 1:45 PM
Just to let people know, this game doesn't only have 48 levels. Once you beat the game, a hard mode is unlocked, in which you can play timed or untimed giving you an additional 48 levels.

posted in Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe on May 28, 09 1:18 PM
Nope...there are 96 levels!! Once you beat the 48 levels, a hard mode is unlocked with an additional 48 levels!

posted in Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe on May 28, 09 12:29 PM
BUMP

posted in Megaplex Madness: Now Playing ™ on May 27, 09 9:15 PM
Wow....I would love to know what time management games, if any, that you do like.

Megaplex Madness is in my top 3 favorite time management games of 2008. I am so glad they are working on a sequel. I loved the retro arcade mini games and the level of challenge was perfect. I was able to get all expert on levels 1-50. Now I have an option to play hard mode.

Someone above said this game wasn't worth 99 cents? I paid $6.99 and I would have paid $19.99 if I had to.

Even Gamezebo gave the game four stars and it hit the #2 spot on Bigfish...

posted in Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe on May 27, 09 2:20 PM
First of all I love this game! All hidden object lovers should try it because there is a no timer option at the beginning of the game. It would be interesting to see if people who normally don't enjoy these type of dash games give this one a shot.... Once you beat the normal mode with 48 levels, the hard mode is locked with 48 more levels!

Ok.....There is a tiny bug in Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe and I would love it if it was fixed. On the progress map, it is supposed to signify after each level whether or not you achieved normal goal or expert goal. I played the first 4 levels and achieved expert on level 1 and 2, and normal on level 3 and 4. The progress map had the same green icon for the 4 levels I have completed. It is important that in a game like this that has so much replay value, the progress map signifies whether you achieved normal or expert on previous levels. IThis appears to be a tiny problem that can quickly be fixed, perhaps by a patch.

I would like it if a moderator responds....

Thanks,

Don

posted in Pahelika: Secret Legends on May 23, 09 12:09 PM
Glad to hear the game is interactive....Gonna go get it..

posted in Virtual Families on May 21, 09 1:44 PM
If you are a Major League Baseball Player with great success you can probably earn $20,000,000 per year..

posted in Righteous Kill 2: Revenge of the Poet Killer on May 21, 09 1:32 PM
scotcat wrote:
DonnyDJ wrote:Thanks for all of the feedback. I like HOGs with no timers.... Speaking of timers, or the lack of...an exclusive time managament game will be coming here to Bigfish next week...And guess what? The game will have a no timer option! It should be interesting to see if HOG lovers will give the no timer option a try....

Doesn't Wonderburg come without a timer?

You are correct that Wonderburg comes with a no timer option, but Wonderburg is more similar to Build a Lot. The game coming next week will be more similar to a dash type game except for the fact that there will be a specific no timer mode.

posted in Righteous Kill 2: Revenge of the Poet Killer on May 21, 09 1:10 PM
Thanks for all of the feedback. I like HOGs with no timers.... Speaking of timers, or the lack of...an exclusive time managament game will be coming here to Bigfish next week...And guess what? The game will have a no timer option! It should be interesting to see if HOG lovers will give the no timer option a try....

posted in The Treasures of Mystery Island on May 20, 09 4:58 PM
I loved this game and I hope Alawar follows up with a sequel.

posted in Plants vs. Zombies on May 20, 09 8:03 AM
This game is simply incredible. What people don't realize is that they can easily get 20-40 hours of gameplay before they want to put it down. There is is endless replayability. Once you beat the adventure mode for the first time, playing the adventure mode the second time around is a different experience, and a character in the game selects 3 of the powerups you must use in each level. After that there are 3 other modes which you will be able to spend plenty of time on.

posted in Dream Chronicles ™ 2: The Eternal Maze on May 12, 09 2:30 PM
Some good news....

It appears that DC3 will be here a week sooner than I had posted earlier. Expect it to be here this coming Monday 5/18.

-Don

posted in Dream Chronicles: The Chosen Child on May 9, 09 12:09 AM
Dream Chronicles 3......Bigfish Games..... Monday 5/25/09

posted in Dream Chronicles ™ 2: The Eternal Maze on May 8, 09 10:08 PM
Monday 5/25/09

posted in Wandering Willows on May 3, 09 11:47 PM
AnnBy wrote:I know Timebomb has posted that he/she finds them on you tube when the videos are put up over there. Don't know about Don.

I do not have any connections with any casual game companies, although based on the amount of money I have spent on them, I should! I am actually an out of work elementary school teacher/guidance counselor who loves playing casual games. Being out of work since last summer has afforded me the opportunity to read up a lot about casual games, try genres that I haven't attempted, and reach out to game developers via phone and email to ask questions, express my opinions, and give feedback. It's great having a lot of time playing video games, but I would love to be working fulltime soon. It's just hard to find a suitable, decent paying job here in New Jersey, or anywhere else for that matter.

-Don

posted in Wandering Willows on May 3, 09 3:03 PM
Wandering Willows!

Great casual RPG game from Playfirst.

posted in The Hidden Object Show Combo Pack on May 2, 09 3:14 PM
SublimeOne wrote:In fairness to BF, they can only release games if developers create them.

Very good point......BUT.....Bigfish has a huge influence over the developers' choices for game genre and design. In addition, Bigfish studios produce around 5 games a year- almost all hidden object.
(MCF, Azada, Hidden Expedition to name 3)

I am much more impressed with Playfirst because they have been coming out with a much wider variety of games- the usual dash, adventure/hog, casual rpg, strategy and sim. As a matter of fact, Dinertown Tycoon will be available next week on Playfirst. People who played the beta seem to love it, including ones who were never into tycoon games.

Playfirst will also be coming out with a new hidden object game called Dinertown Detective Agency.

Ok.....so someone might say to me, "Hey Don, enough whining already! If you don't like the game selection here, take a hike!" (But I DO like the game selection!)

Since 2005, I have purchased around 250 games from Bigfish, some of which before the Gameclub was introduced, and before Bigfish adopted the format of releasing 'a new game' everyday. In addition, the quality of games at Bigfish have gotten much better.

I just want to see more time management and action puzzle games created by other developers that work with Bigfish, thus ending up here. I know I am not the only one who feels that there are too many HOGs out there. If every HOG was like MCF 5, Azada, Flux Family Secrets, and Mortimer, I wouldn't complain, but that's not the case. Quantity is winning over quality lately. Personally I'd rather play 3 superb hog/tm games than play 10 games that are mediocre and substandard.

-Don

posted in The Hidden Object Show Combo Pack on May 2, 09 12:17 PM
kishimojun wrote:If you listen to some of the complaints here, you'd think this WAS a site that has only HOG games, ROFL!!!

33% of the games released in the last 40 days are hogs. That means 67% are games of other genres.

My issue is, probably stating this for the 100th time, is that the other 67% of the games that Bigfish gets are carried already on other portals. Instead of coming out with one exclusive hog after another after another, there should be some variation. The time management genre is sorely lacking over the past several months. Match 3s are getting old. No new object inlay games or intuitive puzzle games either. Am I whining? Certainly.

posted in The Hidden Object Show Combo Pack on May 2, 09 12:38 AM
Whoa Bigfish, an exclusive HOG? This is such a rare occurence!

posted in Affair Bureau on Apr 28, 09 11:24 PM
Unfortunately thats what happens when companies rush out their HOGs knowing that people will buy them regardless of quality.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator