Posts created by samwise50

posted in Lost Realms: The Curse of Babylon on Nov 7, 09 2:18 PM
Disappointed also. I agree with OLDBAY, slow week . Lots of clicking here and there and too many clues. Even the hints are easy to replenish. Unless you like calm and relaxing games, which is fine, this is lacking excitement for me big time. Not buying.

posted in The Return of Monte Cristo on Nov 5, 09 10:15 AM
It's pretty straightforward, a classic HOG. Not very exciting. It reminds me of Sleepy Hollow, kind of the same graphics and spirit. Some interactive items make it a little more interesting but it's all pretty easy to find and figure out. Lots of little puzzles. I made it to the bank. I don't know how much longer it lasts.

I know I should not compare but I can't help it. After Devil's Triangle, Puppet Show, or Reincarnations, to name just a few, this pure HOG is not my cup of tea anymore.

I give it a C+.

posted in Wisegal on Nov 4, 09 9:40 AM
Well, there was no sound. I played without anyway. Sooooo boring. Nothing challenging, pieces of paper or whatever else to gather. You don't even have to figure out where to go. I didn't wait for pictures to take or differences to find. I'll keep my credit.

posted in Wisegal on Nov 4, 09 8:35 AM
No sound at all. Anybody else having the same problem?

I checked if there was something wrong with the comp's audio output or if the mute box was checked by mistake. Everything looks fine. I also checked other games and there is sound.

Any idea?

posted in Elementals: The Magic Key on Nov 3, 09 9:32 AM
Download and demo worked just fine for me.

I hope CS will be able to find out what causes your problems.

posted in Trapped: The Abduction on Oct 27, 09 11:48 AM
I have just downloaded the demo but haven't played yet. Some comments left me perplexed.

The theme seems a little touchy to me. I don't know if as Jesart mentioned,
this subject of abduction, hostage, and terror towards a woman
is appropriate.

Unfortunately, without playing, I won't be able to judge by myself.

I have to give this one a good thought first and wait for more comments.

Was this a good or a bad move on your part ?

posted in Hidden Expedition ® - Devil's Triangle on Oct 23, 09 10:06 AM
I played only for 10 minutes. That's all it took for me to decide. I purchased it!!!!! Love the graphics and the storyline. HOGs evolved a lot over the years. It's not only a question of finding items anymore, which is great.

Thank you BFG!
I give this one

posted in Save Our Spirit on Sep 25, 09 1:31 PM
I too had the crashing problem after the cogs were in place. I launched the game again and it crashed a second time.

I will have to wait and see if they fix it before making the decision of buying or not. It looks promising.

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Sep 6, 09 4:11 PM
I have played 3 times since I downloaded the game yesterday. This is an addictive one.The more you play, you find little things that you missed, like part of a dialogue, music here and there, a beautiful graphic, etc. This is one of the best games of the year. It allows us to dream like we used to. I can't wait for more games from this genre, BUT first, the second part of Drawn.

I had to thank you again

Also, I hope people take time to read the credits. Those people work very hard to bring us such good quality games.

to you all.

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Sep 6, 09 9:55 AM

There has to be a sequel. The bell, Iris escaping in her book, the vilains saying "Find the book".
Hurry !!!! Give us the next one.
Loved it.

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Sep 5, 09 2:55 PM
First of all, BFG has tremendously improved its customer support over the years. I can only congratulate the technicians for their efforts in providing excellent assistance.

Second, I have been fortunate enough to test this amazing game before release and I was absolutely delighted. Graphics, storyline, puzzles, music, characters, the overall ambiance, everything met my expectations. It was gorgeous!

It is finally here. I did not waste a minute and downloaded it.

It says
Play a sample version FREE for one hour
The size of the sample is 81.59 MB; the full version is 174.30 MB, which I didn't notice, didn't pay attention to. So it will be different for each player as to finish playing the demo before the said 60 minutes. Personally, it took 40 minutes before it redirected me to the purchase page. Like I said, I didn't pay attention to the size of the file.

I came here to see if others were having the same problem. As suggested, I checked if my comp needed any updates. As it turned out, Direct X was up to date but I downloaded the latest graphic drivers from nVidia.

The problem continued, as soon as I clicked on the Witch Doctor's painting; it sent me back to the purchase page. I came back here and read a little more. Someone (sorry, I don't remember who) mentioned the size of the file. OK. It makes sense.

I purchased the game and all is good now. No more crashing.

"One hour" of play could be misleading, I have to admit. Maybe next time BFG should rephrase this.

That being said, this is money well spent, it is worth every penny. Bravo BFG and thank you for this superb game.

posted in Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse on Aug 23, 09 5:49 PM
I agree, it's a really, really good game. Gorgeous graphics, good story line, challenging, nice music, I liked it a lot. I've played 4 times already. Not boring, for sure.

I would not say it's better than Dream Chronicles though but yes, it's a must buy.

Congrats to Gogii and BFG!

posted in Strange Cases: The Tarot Card Mystery on Aug 11, 09 9:00 AM
Absolutely way too short. 2-3 hours for me also. Not challenging enough. However, the graphics are gorgeous, very good story line, no annoying voice over, but this game could have been a bit longer for my taste, a lot longer actually. Disappointed in a way.

posted in Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone on Jul 25, 09 4:04 PM
I have played for one hour and the most difficult part is to find the clues... Yes, it's a HOG but boy! lots of items are sooooooo small, it's almost impossible to see. Even using the hints doesn't help most of the time. I have a 24" screen can you imagine? Anyway, I love HOGs, I own lots of them but I'm afraid I'll have to pass this time. Too bad.

posted in Mystery Legends: Sleepy Hollow on Feb 4, 09 6:37 PM
Thanks bfgAegean,
I just contacted Customer Support.
I hope they will come up with a solution.

posted in Mystery Legends: Sleepy Hollow on Jan 30, 09 1:15 PM
Hi!

Has anyone experienced this problem? Every now and then the game freezes. Nothing works, no mouse, no keyboard, nothing. I have to reboot. I played the game all the way to the end with great difficulties due to rebooting constantly. I uninstalled/reinstalled. The problem persists. It's the only game that behaves like that.

Thanks for your help.

posted in Adventure Chronicles: The Search for Lost Treasure on Dec 29, 08 4:03 PM
Thank you prpldva.
I have been wondering what to do here also.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate™ on Nov 11, 07 8:58 AM
I thought I was done after the Jack-in-the-box image, which I matched by the way. WRONG! I still have the star to match with less than one minute left. Could someone help me out here?
Thanks.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate™ on Nov 11, 07 8:49 AM
Hi! I am stuck at the end of Daredevil Divas. The image to match looks to me like a Jack-in-the-box. I have very little time left. Help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator