Posts created by nanaseaweed

posted in Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition on May 27, 10 8:26 AM
Wow! Just beautiful graphics, Like others I just dowloaded the game. I always liked the first one. I am not too far into the game yet. I chose the easier pace one. Sometimes the sparkles are annoying but I'm willing to accept that. The items are well hidden but hint refills in a minute in the slower pace game. I like CE's because I love the history of the drawing especially. I don't buy TM's so I don't buy those CE's. The music is nice! I hear a Cello a lot and sometimes it comes up with an adventure theme but the cello is so soothing. I'm sure I will love this game like all the CE's.
Nana

posted in Special Enquiry Detail: The Hand that Feeds on May 26, 10 8:25 AM
Hi, I played the hour and have mixed feelings. The first chapter was difficult to manuver but I also had not read help so I might have had less frustration with the map manuvers and all. The inventory items were next to impossible to find but hint filled up quickly and that helped a lot. The cursor will freeze when you randomly click..heh, heh. I noticed as the game advanced the items were somewhat easier to find. I was constantly grossed out but maybe that is similar to being spooked out in other HOG games. The music was nice and relaxing. I'm intrigued by the story line. I'm a Law and order fan and this reminds me of that program. Those detectives are cocky and snide to, and with, each other also. I think it will be a buy for me. I might wait for the memorial day sales...woohooo!!!
Nana

YOU NEED TO SIGN UP FOR A DAILY LETTER TO BE PART OF THE SALE!

posted in I Spy Fantasy on May 25, 10 5:42 AM
I bought this game about 3 years ago for my grandkids. It was 19.95 then. It is a good buy at 6.99. My version had someone who spoke to the kids and read the words for them. There was an ear they pressed for help. They enjoyed it and replayed it a lot. They were 4 and 8 at the time. It was challenging for the 8 year old and he loved the space one the best. My Granddaughter loved the princess one. Pop and I, Nana, weren't bored either! Great little game!
Nana

I just finished this game. It took me about 3 days total. I would leave it and come back. It was intriguing. I followed along pretty well. I did skip some puzzles. I will replay for sure because I was caught up in how the story ended and did not want to solve the puzzles near the end. So I have lots of replay left. I have not played the extra as yet. Before I bought this one I bought the other one the Tarot Card mystery. That game was okay and easy to follow. This game has some improvements. I especially liked being able to choose which item I was looking for. It had HOG, IHOG, and FROG elements. I was entertained by the whole thing. I did not use the strategy guide but I would have if I needed to. The music was okay, and it does have a downloadable sound track which will be nice for some of us. I played with sound on and off depending on my environment at the time. I'm glad I indulged my curiosity.
Nana

posted in Mahjongg - Ancient Egypt on May 24, 10 5:55 AM
there are 2 modes of play with this game Adventure or Classic.
It is a typical mahjongg game with a twist on the story and rules.
The options or setting has full screen checked off. The window will stay small if you do not click on this option which turns off the full screen and then click on it again and it enables the full screen. I hope this helps!
Nana

posted in PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™ on May 19, 10 7:26 AM
This is a good game! I played it a long time ago. I think I will dig it up again! If I remember right it was quite challenging! Great DD offer!
Nana

posted in Journalist Journey: The Eye of Odin on May 19, 10 7:20 AM
nanaseaweed wrote:I finished 5 locations in the one hour. It is a typical IHOG with a different twist. Lots of HOG searching. The Interaction is simple. I found the music to be so so. So I turned off sound. I had one technical problem and left that comment in the techy forum. It is hard to tell in an hour how good the game will get. My opinion for now is it might just be Okay not great.
Nana

I just went to the walkthrough and saw I was at Chapter 3 when my time ran out. It has over 15 chapters! Well this could be a very long game!
Happy gaming all!

posted in Journalist Journey: The Eye of Odin on May 19, 10 7:11 AM
Hey I morphed! that's cool!
Happy Nana!

posted in Journalist Journey: The Eye of Odin on May 19, 10 7:09 AM
I finished 5 locations in the one hour. It is a typical IHOG with a different twist. Lots of HOG searching. The Interaction is simple. I found the music to be so so. So I turned off sound. I had one technical problem and left that comment in the techy forum. It is hard to tell in an hour how good the game will get. My opinion for now is it might just be Okay not great.
Nana

posted in Journalist Journey: The Eye of Odin on May 19, 10 7:00 AM
I found that the option of changing from full screen to wide screen does not work. It filled in the 2 options and shrunk the picture to an elongated window. When I pressed just wide screen again it went to window size. Then the game was gone. I restarted went back in and pressed wide screen and both boxes were pressed again. I got the same elongated picture. I pressed full screen this time and it went back to the original larger screen. So this is a techy prob.
No big deal to playing the game once I figured it out.

posted in Escape the Lost Kingdom on May 18, 10 6:24 AM
Grizabe11a wrote:I liked the game fine, bought it, enjoyed it, but------ they go into the tomb after the cat -- and sail off in the end WITHOUT IT? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE POOR CAT??????

LOL!! thanks for the chuckle!
Nana

posted in Escape the Lost Kingdom on May 18, 10 6:23 AM
I liked this game! I don't have the 3d option but I enjoyed the different approaches to finding objects and family. I found it to be a long playing, hours long, for me. So I enjoyed the game play. I tend to leave after an hour or 2 of game play and come back later or next day. But this game was fun for me!
Nana

posted in Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box on May 18, 10 6:14 AM
Wow LizzieK what a great review! I have nothing to add you said it all!
Nana

posted in Mystery in London ™ on May 13, 10 8:12 AM
I just bought this game! Great game! It has 360 but it also has static view. You can zoom in or out, the graphics are clear, the story line is interesting and informative, the music is not obtrusive, and it also lets you go off the game and do other things. This game has everything I would want in a good interactive game. Glad I found it.
Definitely a 5 fin production!

posted in Mystery Cruise on May 11, 10 6:22 AM
Well I just finished 57 minutes of the trial. The storyline was intriguing. I found the lead character to be comical. The music wasn't too annoying but I turned it off. The cursor cannot be changed and the hint takes over a minute to refresh.
The objects were not always easy to find but I did not find it to be junkpile like. Lots of HOG scenes for true hog lovers with some mini game in between. I think it could be a nice buy for some of us. I'm not sure on the length because I can be slower than most but I think it would entertain me just fine.
Nana

posted in My Beautiful Vacation on May 10, 10 6:29 AM
I consider myself an intelligent person. This game is strange, very strange. Most items are very clear but in the paintings they are so fuzzy! And the concept of the game is not clear! What are we doing?
Also:
I can not get past the first room! There seems to be a blinking thing but the cursor or game will not respond when I click. Sorry guys this is not a quality game in my opinion.
Nana

posted in Trial of the Gods: Ariadne's Journey on May 9, 10 5:33 AM
I have played the trial version of both Trial of the God games this morning. I found this version to be very simple compared to the first. There is not enough challenge at the beginning of this one, timed or untimed! The first one Ariadne's Fate I was challenged right away! JMHO...

posted in Fiction Fixers - Adventures in Wonderland on May 5, 10 7:05 AM
I thought I was pretty well entertained for my hour! I got to the part where Alice is in Rabbit's house. I found the adventure part to be easy to follow along with but I'm not sure about the rest of the game it could get complicated. So far it was fun! I loved the comments when I chose the wrong things to use to figure out how to proceed. The indignation of the Alice character was a hoot! The graphics were just great! The HOG scenes were tricky.
Just a tip on those...move your monitor screen back and forth slightly when you can't see something clearly. You might find it will clear up for you and lighten just a little. For example: When I move my monitor screen back slightly it becomes clearer and a touch darker. When I move it forward it gets lighter. I found this out a few years back when playing the HOG games.
I would say this game is a buy for entertainment value and good clean fun!
Nana

posted in Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions on May 2, 10 4:16 AM
Great game! have fun!

posted in Deadtime Stories on Apr 29, 10 7:55 AM
WOW!!!!! Great game! It has everything going for it!!! Definitely a 5 Fin production! I agree with poodlebear if you do not like occult or bugs or snakes steer clear...I am ignoring all of them and just enjoying the game. It has great hints and graphics and even the music and background effects are good! I am not going to wait for my credits either! I'm off to buy! Happy Gaming!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator