Posts created by Melymc

posted in Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition on Oct 25, 13 8:33 PM
Thank you tammytheo & heatherington! I was getting very frustrated. I am ****-u-ming from reading tammy's post that she read the general tips. I did not do that. You know I never have. Maybe because I have never needed to. Next time something like this happens and I'm stuck, instead of doing the same thing over and over again (isn't that the definition of insanity lol) I'll read the directions. Ahhhh , I'm turning into a man, not reading the directions. JK! Thanks again for your help, now I know what to do when the time comes and I can move on. I can't wait to finish this game. I'm sorry tammy, you find the collectables distracting. I hope the rest of the game made up for it! Have a great weekend, and happy gaming fellow fishies!

posted in Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition on Oct 25, 13 2:45 AM
Thanks PTBT (Clownfish LOL!!!!!!) JK! (Inside joke) & Kapoho7 for answering albertm1's answer. I am on a budget, these games are my hobby. The CE games are expensive! I ask because like others, if the CE game is not at least 5 hours long, I won't buy it. In the good old days they used to be 7-8 hours. But, also if there is a game that you are on the fence about, like during a sale, I'm usually trying to decide between games. If one is shorter, you may choose to wait for the SE version and use a PCC, or buy another game. So knowing the length of the game is important!
As for the other topic brought up........I tell my teenage brother and sister if you don't have anything nice to say, you shouldn't say anything. It's harder in person to stop things from coming out of your mouth, but on the computer, you make a choice to write harmful, judgmental things.
Have a great day everyone! Happy Gaming!

posted in Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition on Oct 25, 13 2:17 AM
Has anyone else had any trouble collecting the "collectables"? I can get the morphing items and the roses with no problems, but not the collectables. It's frustrating. If anyone else has encountered this, and maybe fixed it , please let me know! Thanks have a great day everyone!

posted in Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition on Oct 25, 13 2:03 AM
I have bought the game, everything seems to be ok. Except that I can't pick up the collectable items. Why is this? It's very frustrating! I have restarted the beginning of the game three, - four times counting the demo. I have played more than an hour one time. Is there a glitch? Please help! I will stop and await your response. Thank you!
MelyMc

posted in Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition on Oct 24, 13 2:33 AM
I agree with DragonLadyOz this game is a beauty. I quite like it. I'm actually downloading it right now. The game has some unusual twists to it. Basically, someone leaves a baby on your doorstep, and you follow them. There is a guy that at first tells you not to follow him, but then is relieved when you do. Kind of the same bad guy story except you are actually carrying a baby around.

You have four modes of play the last is custom, which is very specific. You are able to remove the sparkles which I know a lot of people will love. You can also remove things from the map, if you don't want help there.
There are : 7 chapters
1 bonus chapter
3 small hidden chapters IF you find all the hidden roses
Hidden roses
Morphing objects
So far I have encountered some mini-games I haven't seen before. They haven't been the most challenging, but they have been interesting. You can lock the inventory. Everything, your tasks, map, etc. is in a phone for you to look at during the game, which is quite nice. The HO scenes seem to also have a different twist to them. So far you seem to be clearing the scenes a couple at a time, instead of carrying around items for half the game until you play them. The game is fun! But, it may not be for everyone, so please try it out. Happy gaming all!

posted in Legacy: Witch Island on Oct 22, 13 11:58 PM
I don't post much, but this was a great SE game! I'm surprised it had things to collect. I liked the puzzles, they were fun. The HO scenes had me really looking at them to find the items. The story was good. I wish they would put out more SE games like this! Thanks BF!

posted in Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Beanstalk Collector's Edition on Oct 22, 13 12:46 AM
I just looked back at this. Looks like I need to change my meds again! JK! Sorry PTBT, it was 4:20 in the morning. At least I gave ya'll a good chuckle. Anyway, thanks again for the answer. Orphaned- I have done that too. I started a new thread, but I must have accidentally hit the button twice. When I looked back at the page, it looked like I had asked the question three times. Thank goodness you can delete your own discussions!. Have a great week!

I've read about people being unhappy about the "sparkles" in the game. I'm unhappy that you cannot turn them off also. But if you push it all the way up in the custom portion, I noticed they go away for some items. Depending on how you play they are not as bothersome, because they are slower. Just trying to help if you liked the game, but not the sparkles, have a good weekend all, and happy gaming!

Thank you very much Clownfish! That helps a lot! Have a good weekend!

posted in Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Beanstalk Collector's Edition on Oct 19, 13 10:06 PM
Has anyone played the game and finished it? How long did it take you? Just let me know what mode you played, it doesn't matter. I'm just trying to get an idea. Anything would be helpful. Hopefully someone finished, the reviews were pretty harsh, . Thanks for your help! Have a great weekend!

posted in Otherworld: Shades of Fall Collector's Edition on Oct 19, 13 9:56 PM
I, for one, am grateful to all who answered the original question! Now I have a better idea of if, I want to buy this game or not. I enjoyed the others in the series, but the demo started out kinda slow for me on this one. But, with the special, I may go ahead. Thanks again!

posted in Stranded Dreamscapes: The Prisoner Collector's Edition on Oct 17, 13 9:21 PM
If that is the only reason that you delete a game, I think you may be missing a few good ones. I agree, some things get overused, but I can overlook an annoying quirk for a good game. Good luck in the future!

posted in Stranded Dreamscapes: The Prisoner Collector's Edition on Oct 6, 13 10:33 PM
Thank you very much Tammytheo! I'm sorry you didn't get the response you wanted from them about the sale! Thanks for responding back Peglegann's! Now that I have an idea of how long the main game is, I'll probably get it now. It's long enough, and to me the story was interesting enough. I want to find out what happens to her mother in the bonus chapters. I just WISH they would come out with kick **** SE games too, instead of the ho hum ones that you don't really play. I totally agree with you about the DP's. THAT's why there are no good just SE games. Why would they do that when they can charge you more, Lol! Thanks again for your help ladies (I assume and hope I'm right if not I'm so sorry! )! Have a good week!

Thanks for answering peglegann! I really appreciate your input. It's nice to have someone answer your questions and help you out . If you happen to see this again before the deadline on the sale will you let me know how long it took you to play the main game? If not thanks again and have a great week!

posted in Stranded Dreamscapes: The Prisoner Collector's Edition on Oct 6, 13 12:55 AM
I find myself on the fence with this game. I really liked the story, and the game play was OK. But, like everyone was saying it does not offer what a CE game should offer even for a discounted price. Those of us who are avid players don't usually pay for SE games we have our PCCs. So, my question is sometimes, unfortunately, they completely leave you hanging if you only get the SE version, is this game like this? Do you HAVE to complete the bonus chapters to know what happens to our niece and possibly her mommy? Any help would be great! Oh, and how long did it take you to play? Thanks so much, and have a great weekend!

tammytheo, I agree it threw me for a loop too. I've learned to pull my game manager up when I pull BigFish up at the same time. I have a suggestion that may help you a little. You can go to customer service under My Account and tell them what happened and I'm sure that they will do something to help you. They will probably give you a coupon or something. In my experience they always try to keep their customers happy. You can wait until they come on line Monday or, if you're patient, this is what I did, you can do this today, is just fill out the e-mail form and send it. Just tell them what happened. Hope this helps you feel somewhat better. We all make mistakes and I'm sure you aren't the only one who made this one with the way the sale was presented! Have a great weekend!

posted in Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood Collector's Edition on Oct 2, 13 10:23 PM
I absolutely loved this game! I very rarely write reviews, unless I detest a game or really like one. I'm sure it's not easy to continually come up with new stories or game ideas. But, this one was really well done. I particularly loved the detective's board, being able to make mistakes with it, and earning an achievement if it was done correctly. You had to think throughout the game. I also absolutely love it when there is an alternative to the normal HOS. Especially, the one in this game. Matching games are good, or there was one game where there were actual puzzles, and they made the pieces with many different shapes and sizes, that was fun! It's always good to change up the HOSs, and you did that quite nicely in this game. It's little things like this that make me keep coming back, and sticking with this site, because I hope to find the brilliant nuggets, like this game. I was getting frustrated there for awhile. I keep hoping for a good SE to come out too! Some times the bonus chapter is kind of lame in a lot of games, like an after thought, but I found this one enjoyable also. Please keep more coming like this one! I will keep my eyes open for the next chapter when we see the Priest again!

posted in Into the Haze on Sep 25, 13 7:22 PM
Thanks for the info cmh47! How long was the game? You said a few hours, so around three? Thanks again for the help! Have a good day!

posted in Web of Deceit: Deadly Sands Collector's Edition on Sep 21, 13 8:52 PM
Can anyone please let me know how many chapters this has please. If anyone has played the game please let me know long it took for the main game and the bonus chapter. I really appreciate any help I can get! Thanks everyone and have a great weekend!

posted in Surface: The Pantheon Collector's Edition on Sep 19, 13 7:05 PM
I end up with 7-10 PCC and nothing to use them on. I would LOVE to trade them for a CE game once in awhile. Even if it's just a special they run once in a great while. It's frustrating that the PCC expire. I too NEVER use The DBundle sales because I always have the other games OR I do not want buy them because I have PCC credits. Please think about our suggestions BigFish! Thank you!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator