Posts created by LorettaGSP

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Mar 8, 14 11:24 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:Loretta, correct me If I am wrong; your intention is to make a spreadsheet that can be made into a PDF for those that want that and will print on single sheet without all the details per your posting above, right?

Yep. I turned the list into a simple where-to-find spreadsheet for myself. I thought others might be able to use it.

I'm keeping up with what everyone has posted and double-checked the sheet or made changes if needed. There were several Collectibles missing from the stickied list; some I caught and some Oddly caught while proofing.

I'll have the final five-column spreadsheet ready after the next update for anyone who wants to PM and let me know which they prefer: Excel or as a PDF.

If you don't want to wait for the next update, once I make Oddly's corrections, I'll gladly send you this one.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Mar 8, 14 6:01 AM
What's a Cornucopia phase?

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Mar 8, 14 4:45 AM
The Brontosaurus stamp is available and doesn't require a quest.

I included the Columbus Day stamp but left blank where it can be located.

I put "quest" next to the wine glass and cameo.

I think it best to wait until the next update to send out the spreadsheet in case it fixes the Columbus Day stamp and other collectibles' glitches. Wish there was space to indicate mode.

There are five columns:

1. Collectible
2. Mini Game Location
3. City/State/Site Location
4. Collectible Category Name (Cookie Jars, Men's Shoes, etc.)
5. Metal Category (Bronze, Silver, etc.)

In 10 point type I could only fit five columns landscape.

Since there are width constrictions, I think using either City or State names (not both) is best since some items are in more than one city or state. Or, we could do actual location name (Mine, Doll Shop, Hotel, etc.), should there be more than one location is a state or to take care of places such as Matthew's Yacht.

All suggestions or input is much appreciated.

RussellShihTzu

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Mar 8, 14 4:17 AM
Darlene:

The spreadsheet is being proofed. Or you can send me a message with your email address and I'll send it to you.

RussellShihTzu (my ART name)

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Mar 7, 14 10:53 PM
The following items have not been made available, correct?

1. London Bridge Photo (Bronze)
2. Silver Sauceboat (Silver)
3. Blue and White Plate (Silver)
4. Korean War Service Medal (Gold)
5. Spanish Campaign Medal (Gold)
6. Graduation (Platinum)

Thanks,

RussellShihtzu

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Mar 7, 14 4:21 AM
Just as a way of explanation and not to talk down to anyone, but once Microsoft develops another version they no long offer "updates" but they do continue to offer technical "support" for previous versions for "x" number of years. I hate, hate, hated it when I had to go from Windows98 to XP. And then this laptop came with Windows7 which isn't so bad and not much different from XP.

Efi: The way I understand it, you shouldn't have problems with ART updates because it was developed to work on Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7 operating systems.

Hope this helps.

BTW, have you played Midnight Castle? They recently updated to fix "bugs" and I haven't had a problem since although I have maxed out until the next update and a new section is revealed.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Mar 6, 14 5:03 PM
sabake wrote:Btw Efi, I believe you know that WinXP will not receive any more updates after April 8 of this year.

I think the use of "updates" confused people. Microsoft will no longer "support" XP after April 8...but I was wrong about something last week so could be wrong on this.

I also wonder if playing on a laptop or PC makes a difference? However, I'm on a laptop and received the Angelus at some point but can no longer.

Such thing make this game (and this forum) interesting.

RussellShihTzu

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Mar 5, 14 7:44 PM
Spreadsheet is now being proofed by Oddlyenuh. Thanks so everyone who answered my questions and helped me fill in the missing information.

The spreadsheet is in .xls. For those without Excel, I can make a PDF.

RussellShihTzu

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Mar 5, 14 2:01 AM
Thank you. I'm stuck in Fast Shopper and Picture Mode.

I'll leave the Columbus Day Stamp blank and change when and if they put it back in. Will remove the Carnival for CSC and just keep Toy Shop #16.

Appreciate the help.

RussellShihTzu

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Mar 4, 14 11:33 PM
They are listed as being in Charleston, WVA but I played WVA this evening for 30 minutes and didn't receive either. Actually, haven't received either in quite some time. Have they disappeared since the last update? Were they quests?

Also, should I remove Cotton Stuffed Cutie from the Carousel? And leave the Columbus Day Stamp blank? Or has it been moved from Delores' Barn to somewhere else?

I'm almost finished with the spreadsheet. Am doing final tweaks so may have more questions.

Thanks in advance,

RussellShihTzu

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Mar 1, 14 10:43 PM
Thanks, Everyone.

I'll * the ones available through quests.

I've deleted "Metal" and replaced it with "Collection." I'll color-code the Collection-only for Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum. That way only the "Collection" column will be a rainbow.

I've also made separate "Mini-Game" and a "City" columns. So there's a total of four:

1. Collectible
2. Mini-Game
3. City
4. Collection

Hope to have it finished next week and will update as necessary.

RussellShihTzu

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 28, 14 11:21 PM
Have you noticed you can't search the auctions for a "Fanny Poster" by name? If you try, you get "?!?!?!?!"

RussellShihTzu

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 28, 14 11:17 PM
Using information shared on this forum, I am putting together an Excel Spreadsheet. Besides name and location, I've added a column for Bronze, Gold, Silver or Platinum. Sorting can be done by Collectible, location or metal category

If permitted and someone will tell me how, I'll gladly share it once I've finished. It would also be great if someone could proof and make corrections.

I do need to know where to find the items listed below. I know some of them haven't been "released" yet but can't remember which ones.

Blue and Yellow Plate
Classic Red Wine Glass
G.W. Carver Stamp
Graduation Robe
Korean War Service Medal
London Bridge Photo
Silver Sauceboat
Spanish Campaign Medal
Unknown Tennis Player

Thanks for any help.

RussellShihTzu

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 27, 14 2:06 AM
Where do I find Decorations? I went to "Design" and didn't find them there.

Thanks,

RussellShihTzu

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 26, 14 11:45 PM
Anyone know how? I could remove the banners in Dinhammer Alley but not those @#$% balloons! Maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks,
RussellShihTzu

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 23, 14 11:31 PM
I agree. I was appalled when I saw people had to pay 54 gold bars to complete the quest. The above poster is right: Not cool; not cool at all. What a way to turn off new players.

RussellShihTzu

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 22, 14 9:42 PM
Yes, kudos to blahblahboo for the generosity of the list. And to those who have updated as needed.

Some people pay more for an item than the actual $$ value because they are trying to finish a collection or quest or the item is HTF. At least that's what I think.

As far as the whacky prices, no one is forced to bid or buyout. And if some can charge outrageous prices and actually get them, go for it. However, I've tracked these items and they very seldom sell for those prices, anyway. In defense, those items weren't free and some some of them have cost the seller quite a bit in resources or coins.

I would like to suggest: If you have 200 of a readily-available item (like the owl cookie jar) why not list at $1.00 auction and $2.00 buyout to help people finish the Auction Achievements as cheaply as possible? I try to do that once a month.

Have fun and keep smiling!

RussellShihTzu

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 22, 14 9:18 PM
I'm at Level 76 and the mini-scenes I have unlocked are:

Red Mine
Junkyard
Bar
Captain Matthew's
Candy Shop
Secret Library
Margaret's House
Captain Matthew's Yacht
Botannica Al Fresco

Don't think I missed any but I could be wrong.

RussellShihTzu

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 20, 14 4:44 PM
I had a similar situation. I had downloaded the February 8 one and then the second popped up a week later. I kept looking on the main page for information but the only one mentioned is for February 8.

RussellShihTzu

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 17, 14 7:29 PM
My achievements show I've completed the Valentine's Collectible and received 40 gold bars.

1. I haven't completed the Collectibles
2. I don't believe I've received the 40 gold bars it shows I have.

Am I misintrepreting? Has this happened to others?

Thanks!

RussellShihTzu (who has a new "brother")

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator