Posts created by jaldeer

posted in Haunted Hotel: Silent Waters Collector's Edition on Sep 22, 16 3:24 PM
I beat the game earlier this week. I didn't have a problem with that part. Since I completed the game, I'll help you in anyway I can, if I can remember. I only had a hard time with one thing in the game & that's mini-game you do in chapter 4 (you play against Maurice's ghost). I thought it was really hard. I finally got it after at least an hour. If you want that achievement for completing all mini-games (includes the bonus game), then you have to beat him at this mini-game.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Silent Waters Collector's Edition on Sep 22, 16 3:18 PM
I already completed the game earlier this week. I wrote down the achievements, but, didn't see one for finishing a HOP in more than 10 minutes. I know the previous Haunted Hotel games there was. I did look all around the house, on the house, & near the house & didn't see one. I just started it again (you can play the same profile & keep the collectibles & achievements) to see if such an achievement exists. I'm at the 1st HOP. I'll let you know if such an achievement exists.

Edit: Elephant Games took over the Haunted Hotel series starting with #5 & since then there has been an achievement for that. It's called Details Matter. Yes, it's there this time too, but, it's hard to click on. Thank you for pointing that out. I didn't know it was there since it's hard to click on. I took a screen shot of where to click. I put the screenshot up on Photobucket. I sent you a message for the photo link. Hope that helps.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Silent Waters Collector's Edition on Sep 18, 16 10:15 PM
I had a hard time passing this one myself. My husband tried beating him, my 13 year old daughter tried beating him, & I finally did. Total tries between the three of us was around 40 tries to beat him. Took at least an hour. Crazy. I was getting so upset. I thought the same thing, he seems to turn more disks to his color. The object is to dominate the board with your color. The info on how to play was a little helpful also. This game is similar to the one in the new Puppet Show, the 1st mini-game when you try to go out the window. Both games are similar, but, the Puppet Show one is easier. I wanted that achievement for completing all mini-games, which includes this Dark Ghost game & all the games before it, after it, & the bonus game's mini-games. Needless to say, after over an hour, I finally beat that Dark Ghost. The only thing I can tell you is, if you don't want that achievement for beating all mini-games, skip this game. If you do want that achievement, you'll have to keep trying. It's a strategy game I think. Also, probably anybody would just get lucky if they beat it. Carefully think out your move before placing your green disk. It'll take probably more time to beat him than you want to, like it did me. Good luck. Hope you beat him!

posted in PuppetShow: Her Cruel Collection Collector's Edition on Sep 17, 16 3:09 AM
There is pink or red wings on the very right side of the screen. You get the wings & put it on the gold dragon (I think it's gold) that is on the left side of the screen. I had a hard time finding it. I used a hint for that the 1st time I got to it. Hope this helps.

Glad you found them on your own. I certainly wouldn't have minded telling you where to get them in a pm. I didn't think they were hard to find. The Spelunking achievement, when I got to Eugene's place, my first instinct was to go in the cave since that was probably how you get that achievement and when I saw that trap in the physician's chamber, I thought that was the trap you play with considering at that point that was the only trap you have come across and the game wasn't far from being completed.

Thanks Cheryl. That's ok. I know some people like to figure it out on their own, but, I'm not one of them when it comes to achievements like that. I hate missing one & then have to start over. I'm fixing to start the game back up. I left it at Chapter 5 (we went to eat & go to the grocery store). Ya, since I'm at Chapter 5 & I stay up late, I'll probably get to the bonus chapter before you. If that happens & I do get the spelunking & cheating death & you don't get it, I'll tell you in a pm how to get them (I don't know how to highlight just the answers in a post).

Edit: You were right. The spelunking achievement & the cheating death achievement is in the bonus. I got them both. If you want to know where they are, you can pm me. I'm surprised I got them on my own.

Thanks so much Cheryl! I don't want to miss any of these and have to start over. One more question - about the spelunking achievement, how do you get this? Do you stick around in a cave and click anywhere? I assume the trap one you keep clicking on the trap, right? And saying goodbye to Huang, go through the conversation or click on him?

I haven't gotten that far. If I get that far before you post, I'll tell you about the Going Down achievement. When I stopped, I hadn't had a choice of not climbing the rock. Thankfully I saved my game cause I have to start from where you do those 3 puzzles at the beginning of the tomb. I had already did all 3 & didn't know the painful truth achievement was at the right of the 2nd puzzle. I have to start from there again. Thankfully I wasn't that far ahead. I stopped at chapter 2, page 1. Ok, thanks Cheryl. And if I get pet the dragon and play with the trap achievements before you post, I can tell you which dragon and which trap.

Edit: Cheryl, so far I got Painful Truth, Bling Bling, & Moving Art in order. Next is that Going Down. I'll post about it if you haven't by that time. I don't think it has to do with the elevator, but, I don't know. I already did the elevator puzzle & the doors opened & I'm in that bad guy's office and I did the Moving Art achievement. I'll keep my eyes open for the Going Down (decide not to climb the rock).

Thanks Cheryl. Do you know which dragon statue to pet & which trap to play with?

I have all the Hidden Expedition games installed - Titanic through the new one, Eternal Emperor. They all work on my computer.

I'm confused - what trap do you play with & what dragon statue do you pet? Also, how do you find out what happened to the servants (Painful Truth achievement)? Thanks for any help.

Yay....glad you got it running. Good luck - hope you get run fast or die achievement. That's what I like about ERS - you can replay either just the main game or the bonus any time you want and still keep your achievements. I love all the Redemption Cemetery Games. I have all 8 of them. Their Clock Of Fate game (the one right before this one), had achievements as well. The only one that was hard was the T & H puzzle you had to solve on hard mode. And wouldn't you know there was an achievement for it. Took to too long to figure it out, but, I finally did and got that achievement. That's a good idea, play it in the Extras first right before you get there. I'd do that first, then grab the book. I noticed when I played as soon as you grab that book the door closes and the room starts filling up with that gas.

What I do in all hidden objects games is uncheck full screen first. Then on any of those mini-games, I do control+print screen & bring it up in paint. I either leave it up in paint or I save it for future use if I play again. Much easier. That's what I did with this mini-game. Before I got to it, I did that control+print screen and opened it up in paint and left it that way (I didn't save the jpg of it) and wrote down on a piece of paper the solution to the second part, which didn't take but seconds to do. It was that first part I had a hard time with. That's why I didn't think I'd make it considering the gas wasn't too far from being filled and the oxygen was down quite a bit. I was relieved when I got it on the first try, so, I didn't have to mess with it again. My husband fixes computers for a living and I asked him about that runtime error. He says it's a problem with your computer. As for casual, I don't know if you can or not. You'd have to start a new profile and play through the main game again just to get to the bonus and see. All I remember is during solving the 1st part with the picture, I changed the game mode since I thought it was on casual, beat that, that second part didn't take any time at all then I beat it and that run fast or die achievement came up and that skeleton was running across the screen. Me too, I like to take my time and relax and not be stressed on trying to solve a game on a time limit.

I was so surprised I beat it the 1st time. I kept telling myself I wouldn't make it. Having written down the 2nd solution & taking a screenshot of the 2nd solution helped. Otherwise I wouldn't have made it. The 1st part putting the picture together took most of my time. I couldn't figure out what went were and that's when the gas was almost to the top and the oxygen was almost out. I knew when the guide said to take the book, that this was the puzzle with the Run, Fast, Or Die achievement. So, what happens when the gas is to the top and the oxygen is gone? Do you die? If so, does it start you out in that room?

I actually beat it on my 1st try on hard mode. I didn't think I was going to. I had a hard time with the first part, putting that picture together. By the time I got to the next part, I was almost out of oxygen and the gas was not too far from being filled. I wrote down on a piece of paper the solution to the second part & took a screenshot of the second solution. I still have to play the main game again to hit the soccer ball in the goal 3 times. Tookat, I didn't read your reply to score 3 goals? thread until I passed it. No big deal to play the main game again. I liked it and I can skip all the games if I want to. I've played all the games so far & I'm not going to skip what's left, so, I should get that achievement at the end.

I was wondering what Uncover the Mystery achievement is? Can anybody please tell me? Not understanding how you get it. Thanks for any help.

Edit: Nevermind on that. I got it - I should have waited to ask that. Just got that achievement when I opened the library door.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Death Sentence Collector's Edition on May 4, 16 11:18 PM
Hope someone can help. I finally got around to getting the achievements I missed the first time playing. I started a new profile got all achievements except solve every mini-game. I did all HOPs without a hint, did 10 in under 3 minutes, didn't use a hint in the game, and I did all mini-games & I didn't skip any. I read on this forum someone else had that problem and they played twice & didn't get it. Did anybody else get this achievement? Any knowledge if it's indeed broken or if I missed doing something would be helpful. Thank you!

posted in PuppetShow: The Face of Humanity Collector's Edition on Jan 24, 16 10:55 PM
You're welcome.

posted in PuppetShow: The Face of Humanity Collector's Edition on Jan 24, 16 2:20 AM
Ok, when you pick up the knife at that window, you use it on that gendarme first (the one standing in the street that asks for ID) before you use it on your bag. If you use it on your bag first, the knife disappears & you won't be able to use it on the gendarme. Hope that helps.

You're welcome. I agree, when players have different gaming experiences, it makes it hard to help. Glad I could help with this one.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator