Posts created by LucyMarie

posted in Broken Hearts: A Soldier's Duty on Dec 19, 09 2:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up--I saw the game and wondered about whether or not I should try it. Mostly cause in 2007 and 2009 my husband was deployed to the land of the sandbox and I do not want to play a game that will make me more upset he is gone at Christmas. If you want to do something for families of military members volunteer or dontate to the USO

Chi3165--what branch? I ask cause John will be at 20 when he comes home next August/September. And, we have not had to iron a uniform since the Army went from BDUs to ACUs I am with you on women (and men) marrying Service members and being upset over the lifestyle.

Blessings,
(Merry Christmas!!!),
LucyMarie

posted in Jewel Quest Mysteries: Trail of the Midnight Heart on Dec 3, 09 11:19 PM
Hi, I had the sound turned way down since son is sleeping. The ending was all talk (and no action--HA HA HA) and I did not catch any of it. What happened? I saw the lifeboat with people on it. Did Aubrie go down? Was Jack a good guy? Did she hook up with the guy? Please tell me

Blessings,
LucyMarie

Alone on Turkey Day (husband in Baghad--kid visiting family--I am with pets) and this was a good way to pass the time.

The game was okay and I finished in about 5 hours HOWEVER I did not do a single puzzle--I know my kid likes those best and when he gets back we will do the whole game over with him solving the puzzles and I know that will add time. I also had no other committments and could play non stop

I bought the super duper edition because I was most interested in the bonus features (how this relates to MCF and all that) however, I cannot find it. Now, I may be suffering as I have had no turkey, but could someone please relate to me where that would be?

I enjoyed the Rachael Ray joke--the best of the bunch. And did anyone else think that Alison looked like Whitney Matheson (PopCandy)?

Not the best MCF game out there and since I have not located bonus features (silly me) I would say those of you waiting will enjoy the regular game just as much.

Blessings and Happy Thanksgiving,
LucyMarie

posted in Gardenscapes on Nov 22, 09 9:33 AM
Chance (my son's name--old Cowboy name) and I named our Gardenscape puppy Blizzard casue Chance thought it sounded good with the puppy's coloring.

Our 140 pound Rottie is named Ace

posted in Gardenscapes on Nov 11, 09 10:08 AM
We will have to go back and check on that one. That is neat! Thanks for the heads up!!!

Blessings,
LucyMarie and Kid

posted in Gardenscapes on Nov 11, 09 10:07 AM
Well, we played to what we think is the end and not a whole lot happened. In fact, we stopped in here to find out how the game does end (we completed the garden and still no clear end). Replay value? In a year maybe when we have forgotten where things are, but by the end we were both bored and just wanting to complete the game.

Hope this helps!

Blessings,
LucyMarie and kid

posted in Gardenscapes on Nov 11, 09 10:03 AM
That is why I checked in. My son and I played the game and won the competition, but now what? Are there more reporters coming? What about the buttons, chocolates and pearls we found? Finally, why does "Austin" keep talking about a list of things to do? We upgraded to the top of the line in everything and still.....

Any answers would be welcomed.

Blessings,
LucyMarie and kid

posted in Trapped: The Abduction on Oct 27, 09 3:13 PM
I played and it found it most enjoyable. Couple of points--her name is HelenE not Helen. Why add the E at the end and not use it? Could have done without the "bad guy" repeating himself. Was it too hard to come up with new ways of saying "OMGosh, you solved another puzzle"

With all that out of the way...I think this is a lot like the SAW movies. I have not seen them, but based on what I have heard and commericials I have seen this is close. A bad guy "watching" to see what a "victim" (and HelenE is not a victim, she takes care of herself) and then rigging the place so the "victim" can solve puzzles. I am sure there are people who have seen SAW and will tell me I am way off base (sorry), but again based on what I have heard and read this is similar.

Happy Halloween!
Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Ghost Town Mysteries: Bodie on Oct 25, 09 2:04 PM
I agree about ickiness of spiders, but even with the web I could not find what the object (rocking horse) was. And how gross are the flies? Ewwwwww!

blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Superior Save on Oct 19, 09 4:44 PM
LucyMarie wrote:This word is no longer in use and many in the special needs community (but not all I am sure) find it offensive.

As I said in my original post--it is a word *I* find offensive and many in the special needs community do as well. However, I also mentioned that not everyone finds it to be offensive. To me, this has nothing to do with remaining strong, but has to do with not using a word that has been replaced with a more respectful one. Good luck to you and your child as well.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Superior Save on Oct 19, 09 1:48 PM
Let me say upfront--I am the mother of a special needs child and I believe that he (and all special needs children) will be the ones who save the world someday.

That said, I also enjoy hidden object games (obesssed you could say) so imagine my dismay with this game.

I did not stick around long enough to remember the whole 'stamp' but in one of the mini games there are stamps. The object is to match the stamps. One of the stamps begins with 'retarded children'

Now, I do not care if they say 'retarded children' will save the world or that this was an actual stamp. This word is no longer in use and many in the special needs community (but not all I am sure) find it offensive. We no longer use cuttting terms to define other communities why was this allowed?

Bad move Big Fish. I understand I may be the only parent (one) who is outraged, but I am. To leave something so baldly decisive was a bad move.

Blessings on SPECIAL NEEDS children and all of us,
LucyMarie

posted in Curse of the Pharaoh: Tears of Sekhmet on Oct 11, 09 11:34 PM
Naming A through C, from left to right, pour:

A into B
B into C
A into B
B into C
C into A
B into C
A into B
B into C

There is also a picture to follow on the walkthrough!

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in Curse of the Pharaoh: Tears of Sekhmet on Oct 11, 09 11:30 PM
I am not too sure which level you are referring to, but if you go to the walkthrough the answer will be there. Good luck!

Blessings,
LucyMarie

PS I thought when I hit 50 posts I would be another critter, but it looks like I am still a starfish!

posted in Curse of the Pharaoh: Tears of Sekhmet on Oct 11, 09 11:29 PM
Based on the walkthrough I am about halfway finished and my hour is just up. I got 1/2 through Antartica and since it is level four and there are nine levels...well I am impressed with my math skills. It does seem like a nice long game that is enjoyable.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™ on Oct 3, 09 10:43 AM
I agree 110%!!! I am also a fan of the music!!!

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™ on Oct 3, 09 10:41 AM
I was at the halfway mark when my first hour would have been up (I bought it after 15 minutes), but the second half was a bit more challenging and it all told wound up being 2 1/2 hours for me. But it was worth it--for those two hours I was really enjoying game which I prefer to playing a game for, say, four hours and just wanting it to end.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™ on Oct 3, 09 10:38 AM
Peach,

There was a time I would have agreed with you about remembering where things are and how to solve puzzles. However, I admit now that I have played so many games..I can go back to games I bought two years ago and BF has saved for me and it is *almost* like new. Yes, some things you will remember no matter how long, but if you give it a year (or two!) and play many HOG between I bet you will be happily surprised

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™ on Oct 3, 09 10:35 AM
My understanding from the end "to be continued.." is that there will be one!

Blessings,
LucyMarie

posted in PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™ on Oct 3, 09 10:33 AM
Most of the time I shut the music off (keep sounds low) and play Internet radio. However, the music in this game was wonderful and compelling. I wonder is there a way to get the music played in this game?

Thank you,
Blessings,
LucyMarie

One easy way to tell how much longer you have on a game after the hour free trial is to look at the blog walkthrough if there is one. You do not have to look for solutions, but merely how many screen shots are left. This will lead to fewer unhappy surprises of only playing for an additional twenty minutes.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator