Posts created by mintjulelip

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Mar 21, 15 8:32 PM
Currently Level 32
1. Received timed quest for crystal at level 30. Clicked "Go there" but crystal house location remained locked. Quest expired and was removed.
2. Received timed quest to get medicine for a dog(?)-[can't remember the exact quest]- at level 30. Clicked "go there" but location remained locked. Quest expired and was removed.

These locations remain locked after gaining 2 levels and I have not received any other quests for either of these locations. I checked to see if there was any updates for the game (there aren't) and haven't had any other issues with freezing or crashing.

Is something wrong with my game? Thanks in advance!

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Nov 9, 14 10:22 AM
Wondering when we'll see another installment on this game.

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Oct 3, 14 9:17 PM
I completely agree with HHSan about the Devs making an error on the price of the License! I am level 50 and have no more quests to do except the License quest - NONE! After level 47, the quests drop down to just 1 or 2 at a time. By level 49, the License quest is the only one I have. It's realllly getting boring grinding out explorations just to earn a measly 70 coin per location. That's a TON of grinding to get to 50,000!

The other thing I noticed is there is WAY too much weather after the recent update. It's very difficult to compare 2 sides of the screen with the fog! Instead of enjoying it, I find myself dreading the fog and trying to stay away from those sites.

Also, why do they keep sending us to the same places over and over and over? I still have rooms I could be unlocking but what few quests I had (since the update), seem to take me to the same 5 locations.

I have completely lost interest in the game as it gets terribly mind-numbingly boring after just a few minutes of play; no new quests, no new story, no nothing.

I refuse to spend over $50 in real money just to proceed with this game. They could have at least made it a random drop so we have the chance of finding it like we do with the collection pieces.

Unless the Devs make some changes, I won't continue to play. They really sucked the life (and the fun!) out of this game.

posted in Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery on Oct 3, 14 9:04 PM
I am level 49 (almost 50) and have had the Detective License quest for quite some time. Unfortunately, it's the ONLY quest I have. I don't have enough coin to buy it and I was hoping the item might be a random drop but after 6 levels, I haven't seen it.

I am wondering if one must have the License in order to proceed? My quests were starting to dwindle down before the latest update so I installed the update but it sure doesn't seem like I got any new quests. It updated some small things but that's all I've seen.

It's a shame that all I can do is random exploration for some collection items but at this point, I seem to be stuck. It's crazy that without that very expensive "License", you run out of quests. I wonder how many people break down and actually buy the thing?

Has anyone else hit a standstill like I have?

lavenderjam wrote:I bought this game but i can no longer get it to load for me I have tried everything but I still do not have excess to my game,I have tried uninstallling and reinstalling the game manager but still nothing can some one help me or did I spend my money on a game that is useless for me?

I think am having the same issue. My download history shows I purchased the game but says "download unavailable". I went ahead and tried to reload the game but the manager doesn't recognize that I have purchased the game and shows I have a 1 hour trial (even though I purchased the game previously).

I tried emailing BFG tech support and after 3 days got a response that they were backed up and would get an answer to me shortly. That was on 3/10/14 and as of today, 3/13/14, I still haven't heard from anyone. I have sent another request for help.

If anyone knows how to get this game reloaded, let me know!

Thanks! Happy gaming

For people having issues with the game playing choppy or locking up, make sure your video card does have the required ON-BOARD memory required (1G . This has nothing to do with your RAM; this is the actual on-board video memory and most off the shelf computers come with an integrated vid card with 236 or 512 unless you've installed an after market gaming card. Also, video drivers go out of date about every 2-3 months. Make sure your video drivers are up-to-date as well as your Adobe Flash and Direct X. Clear out all our caches and if you haven't run a defrag recently, that might help also. THIS GAME IS HUGE. Your computer will need all it's resources! I know I rarely reboot my computer but it's necessary to clear all the temp files so if you haven't done that recently, give that a try also. Another issue could be the speed of your hard drive. These games are single file games and due to the size of this game, a slow hard drive might make for some slow retrieval. Hope this helps!

posted in The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital on May 13, 11 10:03 PM
I mentioned this subject in another post; It used to be that CE's were a rare event and when they did release a CE, the SE followed within 2-3 weeks. Now that BFG is releasing a CE every week, it's taking longer and longer (a month or more) before the SE's are released. At least for my tastes, the regular games being released in between (that didn't have a CE) aren't that great so I find myself waiting and waiting for the SE of a better quality CE be released. This makes it hard to even fill my punch card unless I break down and buy a CE once a month. I would venture to guess that sales of CE's have gone up since the advent of this new system simply because people give in and end up buying the CE. hmmmmm Jus' sayin'

For the first time in years, I actually have credits to spend and nothing to buy

I have no issue with having a CE every week but I would like to see the SE's released in a much more timely manner; 3 weeks tops! In these hard economic times, I sure can't afford to be buying a CE at all, let alone once a month.

posted in Amanda Rose: The Game of Time on Apr 27, 11 4:21 PM
No game bugs or technical issues. Screen loads were fast. Game mechanics are a bit different than the "norm" but once you get used to it, it's not too bad or cumbersome. Music was ok, story was ok, graphics were ok. I guess that's the gist of this game - it's "ok".

There are a few things I didn't like. First off, the game is very easy. Mini-games are nice and fairly original but not very difficult. Second, there are some VERY small items to find. It's not too bad since the graphics are ok, but some were small enough I really couldn't even tell what they were. Third, there is a LOT of dialogue that has to be clicked through (or skipped). Last, but not least, the game is VERY short. There are a lot of chapters (15) but they are easy and moderately short. I got through chapter 5 in 23 minutes. I would estimate that the entire game can be played in about an hour; definitely less than 1.5 hours. I didn't hurry through and read the cut scenes but since the game is so easy, it just doesn't take long to complete a chapter. Since the file was so large, I guess I was expecting more.

It's a nice, easy game that's pleasant to play with above average graphics so I give this 3 and 1

Not all the wood disks are in the close-up scene of the gramophone. Go back into the room and you will get the rest of the disks.

I played the entire game with absolutely no technical issues or bugs. There was no lag and loading screens were fast. Everything worked exactly as it was supposed to and I was able to leave the game and return later and my previous play was saved.

If the game had technical bugs, I believe everyone would be seeing them. It's always best to contact CS and have them direct you as to what you can do to help your situation. They can have you send a Dr. Felix file which should tell them exactly what the problem is.

posted in Fallen Shadows on Apr 23, 11 7:32 PM
I LOVED this game! For me, the game played flawlessly with no lag, long loads, or technical issues or bugs. I will say, however, it is VERY graphic intensive so many people might have lag or loading issues. The graphics and special effects are AMAZING. The story line is different than the usual spooky, ghosty theme and the cut scenes are like a movie trailer. The music is well done and fits the game perfectly.

The HOG scenes look alarmingly bare at first glance but that's just because the items are cleverly hidden. I didn't find that any were too small to see and the scenes weren't dark. The game gives you dialogue to help you navigate but the devs don't always give you the ever-so-obvious sparkles to tell you "look here!" so the game does require a bit of thinking and cursor investigation The hint button seems to recharge fairly quick. I had no issues navigating the game although I will say it took me a few tries to figure out some of the mini-games/puzzles since I didn't notice a "help" feature to tell me what I needed to do. After a few failed attempts, I was able to complete every puzzle so they aren't mind-bendingly difficult.

This game is definitely worth a game credit or $6.99. I'm just so glad it's not another CE! I am tired of CE's!

4.5 and 2

posted in Fallen Shadows on Apr 23, 11 7:00 PM
I had no technical issues at all, even with the Grandfather's house or climbing the stairs. Amazing graphics with lots of special effects. No lag of any sort. Loading screens were fast and no cursor or scene change lag at all. Cut scenes are exceptional and play like a movie trailer. Music is actually pleasing and fits the game well.

I believe this game is VERY graphic heavy. I am playing on a computer built specifically to game; a high-end very fast quad core processor, upgraded video card with 1GB on-board graphics memory, and plenty of high-end RAM. I think because of my system, I had none of the loading/lag issues with this game. As for technical issues or bugs, I had no problems at all.

The newer games are getting much more graphic intensive than ever before. I believe many people running off-the-shelf computers purchased for normal home use may not have the graphic capabilities for some of the newer games, causing some of the issues seen on this thread. BFG tech people can sort this out for you and tell you exactly why the game won't play on your system.

posted in Art of Murder: Deadly Secrets on Apr 13, 11 9:54 PM
This has to be the shortest game in the history of HOGs. I don't believe the demo is actually timed. Most people stated they played about 40 minutes for the demo, however, I played less than 20 minutes and completed Chapter 2. The demo version ends there. The Chapters are incredibly short and devoid of any sound other than some dreary, droning, aztec-ish strange music in the background. Most of the chapter is spent clicking through dialogue since you can't skip it and there's no voice acting. Timed "spot the difference" mini-games are not a good idea when some of the items are SO small, I couldn't tell what I was looking at even after using a hint.

While some people said the graphics were grainy, I didn't find this to be the case but I am running a gaming computer. That being said, however; many items are SUPER small and not easily seen. The HOG scenes seemed "washed out" so even larger items were difficult to spot. Many items are not just partially hidden, but almost completely hidden behind other objects. You have the ability to earn one hint per scene.

There wasn't much to pull you into the story since every single sentence of dialogue has to be clicked through and I got so tired of clicking, I really didn't care what they had to say!

I definitely won't use a game credit on this game. I probably wouldn't even buy it if it was the DD. Just not a very well made or well developed game IMHO.

ps - 2 new Dram Chronicles scheduled for release this year...one of which is supposed to be soon! yay! I need something good that isn't a CE

posted in Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion on Mar 31, 11 8:07 PM
Well, perhaps it's because I have a video card for gaming, but I didn't think the graphics were as bad as most people are saying. They were actually better than some of the games I've seen lately.

That's about the only good thing I can say about the game, however. I won't repeat what everyone else has said; lets just say I agree with everything else. I just didn't think the graphics were that horrible

posted in Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air on Mar 31, 11 6:57 PM
When the original Dream Chronicle game came out back in...2006? 2007? (can't remember exactly when it was released) it was way ahead of it's time. The graphics were spectacular compared to other games in the HOG genre and it was a trend-setter as far as the iHOG genre was concerned. When the devs revealed the game at a trade show, many publishers were wary and the game wasn't even picked up right away. When the game was finally released, it became wildly successful and went on to set the standard for not only the HOG genre, but the success of the game opened the way for the relatively new iHOG genre. Each successive release has been better than the last. These games are by far and away some of the best in either genre.

The reason I bring this up is because I was bored with nothing new to play so I decided to go back and replay the Dream Chronicles series. I had forgotten just how beautifully done these games are and even years later, they are still far superior to many of the newer games being released.

The graphics are absolutely stunning and beautiful. The storyline is engaging and is more like a STORY than a "storyline"; each sequel progresses the tale and you find yourself as immersed in the story as you are in the game. The soundtrack is very well done and completely fits the story. I have played every demo and bought every game and have never had any bugs or technical issues with the games. Game play is logical, interesting, and the game mechanics are well thought out and easy to use.

There are only a handful of games I rate as high as Dream Chronicles - the Mishap Series (another superb series) and Drawn are just a few that I believe are in a league of their own.

I read in one of the trade columns that the next two installments, Book of Water and Book of Fire are due to be released in 2011 ... HOWEVER, a little birdie told me that Book of Water is due out VERY soon! YAY!!! I cannot wait!

If you are looking to try something new and haven't played these games, give them a try. They are very much worth every penny of the $6.99 or a game credit.

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Mar 19, 11 5:20 PM
What a funny game! I didn't try this right away because I generally stay away from the proverbial vampire stuff but I was desperate for a fix so I gave it a try.

MECHANICS: The game loads quickly and I didn't have any bugs or issues. There are a lot of dialogue screens but you can either click through to hear/read the dialogue or skip completely. Inventory items are easy to use and I didn't find myself stuck. The hint system is fairly intensive in that you can actually have several tasks at once and you can use the hint system for a specific task instead of wasting a hint on the obvious. Moving from one area to the other is easy and any loading time is quick. Graphics are clear and well-done. The music is odd - country western in the beginning? lol That threw me! Not much music in the actual game but when there is, it's very well done. Devs did a great job mixing up the game play to keep you actively involved. The HOG scenes have some rather unusual items which made for some interesting play There is a map to navigate which is much better than walking Kudos to the devs for putting some thought into this game. Not just from a technical standpoint, but from the player standpoint. Good job!

GAME PLAY: This game is actually pretty humorous; very tongue-in-cheek! Once you get into the story line, you will find yourself chuckling. The mini-games are varied and fun; not run of the mill. Lot of going back and forth but in this case, it's actually kind of fun. There is a "trophy" section (for lack of a better term) to view special items you collect along the way. Be ready for the country music when you go there however lol I still can't help giggling at that.

I played the entire demo and I am only about 1/3rd of the way through so I would venture to say this game is probably longer than the average game for this genre.

Out of 5 stars and 2 thumbs up,
I give this game and

Definitely worth the $6.99 or a credit. Happy gaming!

~Minty

posted in Echoes of Sorrow on Mar 19, 11 5:05 PM
I downloaded and played the entire demo. I finished the Prison section which is 3 out of 5 chapters in one hour. This leads me to think the game isn't overly long; not too short but probably average at 1.5 hours or so for the entire game.

TECHNICAL: While I had no real bugs or issues with the game, the loading screens were PAINFULLY slow at times, especially when first booting up the game. As others have said, I always caught my breath thinking the game had frozen just as it finally loaded. In addition, there are a LOT of loading screens and none of them are fast, Every time you move to another area, it loads...slowly. The game mechanics are easy enough and not that difficult but there are a crap ton of inventory items, some of which you gather way after you visited an area so you have to remember where to use certain items. That being said, the inventory items are easy to use and the inventory mechanics are what you would expect; an inventory bar at the bottom. The graphics are good, not mind-blowing but good. The music was ok but some of the ambient sounds can get a bit annoying. The game is fairly linear in design but not so linear that you are stuck in one spot if you're unable to figure out what to do.

GAME PLAY: On a scale of 1-5 as far as difficulty, I would say this game is a 3.5 only because it requires so much going back and forth to collect inventory items. The HOG scenes are straight-forward and well done. The "mini-games" aren't so much mini-games as puzzles (needing a combo for a lock) but again, easy to find and solve. The story line SOUNDS good but there is so much moving around to disjointed places (not like moving through a house for instance) and so much time spent on loading screens, you tend to forget about the story entirely.

OVERALL: Overall, an above average game that will give you an average amount of play time. Because the graphics are good, I'll probably purchase but because of the loading times, I'll probably wait until there's nothing else and buy when it's the Deal of the Day.

RATING: Out of 5 stars and 2 thumbs-up,
I give this one and

posted in Phantasmat on Feb 6, 11 12:07 PM
I'm sure BFG is aware of the issue and it should have been fixed long before now. The CE has been out for months.

posted in Phantasmat on Feb 6, 11 11:41 AM
I wish I had read these posts before buying. I tried the CE trial. When the SE came out, I DL the trial and when time was up, I purchased it. I've got almost 3 hours into playing this game only to realize I have missing inventory items that cannot be re-done.

I'm amazed that the devs haven't hot-fixed this yet. I seriously have no choice but to go back and start the game over under a new profile. I just don't have it in me to do that atm. I'll save it for a rainy day when there are no new games I want to buy.

posted in Phantasmat on Feb 6, 11 11:35 AM
I am also missing a gear and cannot go back into the Hidden Object areas. I've been playing this game for over 2 hours and now I have to start over?

The devs need to hot fix this one, folks. VERY annoying to have inventory items disappear and have to start the entire game over. Not sure I have it in me to do that right now. I'll save it for another rainy day when there's nothing else to buy.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator